Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:02 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
I am so disgusted by all of the arguing and man made doctrines. So much so that I can't seem to post anymore without that disgust showing. This puffed up nonsense is nothing but the work of the devil, and it's just going to get worse.

We are soooo in the last days and I realize that all this confusion is prophesied. So why can't professing Christians see what they are doing and why is it not more important to professing Christians to stop all of this nonsense and start working harder to bring souls to Christ??

This has got to stop and it is Christians responsibility to do so. So I'm here to quote the one verse from the Bible that everyone seems to know, whether Christian or not. John 3:16........believing = eternal life.

If people have time to delve more deeply into the Word of God then that's great. I don't think there is even enough time for that.

Remember the thief on the cross? He believed, and he received.

How did that happen? Jesus loved him and forgave him because the thief asked, obviously with sincerity and true remorse in his heart that only God could see. What is in YOUR heart? God can see it, you know.

Stop all of this carnal self-righteousness and lead people to the LORD!!!!

With LOVE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 09:14 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,998 times
I'm a believer....a way down deep in your heart...on my knees believer...
Thanks for the nice post!

Old 03-14-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I'm a believer....a way down deep in your heart...on my knees believer...
Thanks for the nice post!
Amen!!! Thanks, Sherry!

Old 03-15-2009, 01:00 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,120 times
Brothers and sisters, what exactly are we doing? If you have ears, please hear.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:43 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,168,751 times
It really is that simple... God bless you, DotL.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:48 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,064,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I am so disgusted by all of the arguing and man made doctrines. So much so that I can't seem to post anymore without that disgust showing. This puffed up nonsense is nothing but the work of the devil, and it's just going to get worse.

Amen, DotL. I am against man made doctrines. I have a friend who is hard core baptist. I really do love him, but he gets very offended when others don't think and do as he does.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:57 AM

I remember this thread Alpha, and it is very well presented. You said what I am feeling more eloquently. It is obvious that it came from your heart. I really pray that an awakening happens among Christians to get back to the basic understanding of what it means to BE a Christian. Myself included, of course. It's a struggle to always represent the love of Christ and why it's the ONLY way and the best way to live. We have got to let the spiritual nature shine forth at all times to show why we are so happy in Christ and have others want the same thing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the Christian has to prove with their actions and behavior how Christ living inside of us makes us feel. A person can't see any difference in a heated battle of words. It's just one carnal mind against another. Where is Jesus in that equation??

A person filled with the love of Christ has this fervent need and desire to have others feel the same peace and love, and out of that fervency comes frustration, thus the carnal reaction. And that's what non-believers see and remember. It's hard to portray a spiritual peace, easy to portray impatience and carnality trying to prove or describe that spiritual peace!!! It can only be experienced, but the presentation of how to get it is everything.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
It really is that simple... God bless you, DotL.
Thank you SW, God bless you also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Amen, DotL. I am against man made doctrines. I have a friend who is hard core baptist. I really do love him, but he gets very offended when others don't think and do as he does.
That sounds very familiar. I'm in southern Baptist country, and I've never seen so much hypocrisy in my life!! Now, don't get me wrong I agree with a lot of the baptist teaching. But the baptists themselves.....not so much. Practice what you preach, people.

Again, not all baptists....there's always exceptions.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:20 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,120 times
Quote:
I remember this thread Alpha, and it is very well presented. You said what I am feeling more eloquently. It is obvious that it came from your heart. I really pray that an awakening happens among Christians to get back to the basic understanding of what it means to BE a Christian. Myself included, of course. It's a struggle to always represent the love of Christ and why it's the ONLY way and the best way to live. We have got to let the spiritual nature shine forth at all times to show why we are so happy in Christ and have others want the same thing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the Christian has to prove with their actions and behavior how Christ living inside of us makes us feel. A person can't see any difference in a heated battle of words. It's just one carnal mind against another. Where is Jesus in that equation??

A person filled with the love of Christ has this fervent need and desire to have others feel the same peace and love, and out of that fervency comes frustration, thus the carnal reaction. And that's what non-believers see and remember. It's hard to portray a spiritual peace, easy to portray impatience and carnality trying to prove or describe that spiritual peace!!! It can only be experienced, but the presentation of how to get it is everything.
God's doing a work in you(us), DotL.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:21 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,064,206 times
Quote:

Again, not all baptists....there's always exceptions.

Yep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity