Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 03:38 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What???!! Modern church believes no such thing. The good and bad is God, He allowed it therefore He willed it
You need to go to church and stop doing it yourself, you are becoming weird in your theology. I submit to the word of God and men who God has ordained to teach. What does the bible say? does it not say exactly what I am doing?
Amen....Universalism can not submit to the word of God....the teaching has blinded the heart, no matter how much you try it is veiled....sin separates one from God!!! The heart is deceived and have traded the truth for the lie!!

Universalist keep accusing us of the very thing they are doing!!!
I find it so ironic......or actually funny how they say we are listening to man's doctrine and all I have ever seen them post is someone else's teaching about what they believe to be truth and the christian always quotes the bible....
But the univeralist use other man's words for refuting, or back up their false teaching..... twisting the very word of God, rather then relying upon the Spirit of God in His perfect word....

Another thing I have noticed in the last year and half reading the post of universalism is they keep changing their minds about what they believe....

God does not change.... He is the same yesterday, today and all our tomorrows...And yet they keep changing what they believe...now they say they believe in hell.... go figure... I get more and more tickled at reading the post!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 03:47 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
Amen....Universalism can not submit to the word of God....the teaching has blinded the heart, no matter how much you try it is veiled....sin separates one from God!!! The heart is deceived and have traded the truth for the lie!!
The truth of God's accomplishing whatever He intends to do is not a lie, Curly.

Quote:
I find it so ironic......or actually funny how they say we are listening to man's doctrine and all I have ever seen them post is someone else's teaching about what they believe to be truth and the christian always quotes the bible....
Saying that we only post someone else's teaching is not true, Curly. Scriptures have been shared and I have even been criticized for sharing them.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...-thread-3.html posts 28 and 29

In addition to sharing scriptures which teach the restoration of all to God, we do share information from other believers on this, just as others do on the forums. So we are criticized for sharing scriptures and criticized for sharing additional information from believers, scholars, researchers....

Quote:
But the univeralist use other man's words for refuting, or back up their false teaching..... twisting the very word of God, rather then relying upon the Spirit of God in His perfect word....
As a Christian who believes in the eventual restoration of all, I share the truth of God's word and rely on the Spirit of God in His perfect word.

Quote:
Another thing I have noticed in the last year and half, reading the post is they keep changing their theology...
Quote:
Another thing I have noticed in the last year and half reading the post of universalism is they keep changing their minds about what they believe....
How so?

Quote:
But like I said, Universalism can not submit to the will of God....
The belief in the eventual restoration of all is the belief that all will submit to the will of God. God will will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Quote:
God does not change.... He is the same yesterday, today and all our tomorrows...And yet they keep changing what they believe...now they say they believe in hell.... go figure... I get more and more tickled at reading the post!!
I have always said that I believe that people will experience hell, Curly. One thing to note is that all who believe in the eventual restoration of all may not agree on all things, just as with other believers of different beliefs on a subject. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 04-15-2009 at 04:40 PM..

Old 04-15-2009, 03:56 PM

Yes, God's will, will be done...according to His precious word!! Not according to universalist word!!

God Bless!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:06 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Yes, Curly, according to God's word. This is what I believe. He is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. (1 Timothy 4:10) God Bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 04-15-2009 at 04:17 PM..

Old 04-15-2009, 04:25 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post

This one has seen the Plan, have you?

Old 04-15-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
This one has seen the Plan, have you?
Amen... thanks little elmer!!! Praise the Lord!

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 04-15-2009 at 04:56 PM..

Old 04-15-2009, 06:17 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
[quote=curlythecosmo;8359810]

Hey curly, you forgot, we are all psychopaths too.

You know what curly, no matter what you think, we love you. Our God loves you too as He does all mankind.

Eusebius

Old 04-15-2009, 06:28 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Dear curly, I'm going to explain something about John 3:16 you might know and might not know as regards its context.

Let's look at it and John 3:17 too:

"For God does not dispatch His Son into the world that He should be judging the world, but that the world may be saved through Him."

The "may" in 3:17 is in the subjunctive mood. That mood is like this: I have a pencil in my hand. I loose my grip on the pencil so that it may be falling. The falling of the pencil is dependent upon my loosing it. It will fall should this be the case. It is not the "may" of doubt.

Likewise the world may be saved should God dispatch His Son into the world. The saving of all mankind is dependent upon God dispatching His Son into the world. Since God did dispatch His Son into the world, the world will be saved.

These are not other men's words but my words and the Scriptures quoted are the word of God.

Also, the "perish" in John 3:16 does not have the idea of eternally lost. Also, the word "everlasting" in 3:16 is the adjective aionion and means "pertaining to the aion." Those who believe in Jesus will get to live for the aion to come. That aion lasts 1000 years. Now before you say anything negative about that let me assure you that since we will put on immortality we will live beyond that aion. So don't sweat it.

Love ya bro!

Eusebius

Old 04-15-2009, 07:09 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Yes, God's will, will be done...according to His precious word!! Not according to universalist word!!

God Bless!
AMEN Sister! God's will surly will be done. The teaching of universalism is not taught in the Bible.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:26 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
AMEN Sister! God's will surly will be done. The teaching of universalism is not taught in the Bible.
Hello, Sisters ILNC and Curly!! I was just wondering what you two and others who are Christians believe will be the punishment for heresy such as falsely teaching there is no hell? Ever since I learned of this universalism, I am convinced this is one of the worst out there....running neck and neck with Preterism and CSM>.

The reason I know this is because it blatantly teaches that it does not matter how you live or whether or not you accept Jesus Christ as Savior....a person will not have to worry how they lived because all will be with God in the end anyway. It has the potential of sending millions to hell simply because universalism says there is no need to worry about it. It's a twisted form of gnosticism, of which we know has very deadly consequences. How do you convince someone who doesn't believe there is a hell that hell is exactly where they will end up if they keep twisting and going against God's very Word?

And by all means, let's back this up with scripture from the BIBLE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity