Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 05:03 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are correct Omaha . . . but most do not understand what that means. The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit (consciousness) and God IS Love! When we promote "un-love" we blaspheme the Holy Spirit by corrupting the Gospel of His love for us all. This retains the savage and ignorant beliefs about God of our ancestors . . . and corrupts the love we are to have for God and each other. It prevents true repentance and correction of our consciousness to attune it to Christ's love for us all . . . (which is what gives us the cover for our imperfections).

Yeah, your are correct about those savage ignorant ancestors of yours.
They are so outdone these days.
With technology paving the way and all.

Don't you just love the snide curve appeal of temptation?

Hmmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 05:10 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmantim7777 View Post
I have considered that King David knew of the sin in the garden of Eden. The greatest transgression to me was Eve taking and eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, necessitating the future death of Jesus. We as humans would likely have done exactly as Eve andAdam.This is the great transgression of human-kind in my thinking. God then pronounces the curse, you will bear children in pain and desire your husband, this as part of the curse. Did Eve have monthly cycles prior to this? They were created for relationship with God. Now they are to procreate. Thus Eves monthly cycles are a perpetual reminder to women that they necessitated the killing of the Christ, and are not to userp authority over the man. Should women stand before a lectern (altar) and preach if it is her monthly period or is this confusion?, bringing another blood before God's altar? We as a "modern" church are too sensitive to consider this, and don't have a clue why women should not preach. This is an opinion that I sincerely believe God gave me about 2005. I have said this not to anger but to say what I believe I heard.
funny, i find this both profound, and a mischaracterization, because omnipotence. Eve did not surprise God. It is characterized as punishment, and indeed suffering is required, but i think this should be characterized more in the light of giving birth to and raising a child. You engage in this, although it involves pain from the very start. You even do it again. These are joyous occasions. Or at least they are supposed to be. So, is there guilt yes, but is this the banner you want your child to go out under? guilt and shame? i don't think so. "...a perpetual reminder to women that they necessitated the killing of the Christ" is just...off, to me, wadr.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:17 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmantim7777 View Post
I have considered that King David knew of the sin in the garden of Eden. The greatest transgression to me was Eve taking and eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, necessitating the future death of Jesus. We as humans would likely have done exactly as Eve andAdam.This is the great transgression of human-kind in my thinking. God then pronounces the curse, you will bear children in pain and desire your husband, this as part of the curse. Did Eve have monthly cycles prior to this? They were created for relationship with God. Now they are to procreate. Thus Eves monthly cycles are a perpetual reminder to women that they necessitated the killing of the Christ, and are not to userp authority over the man. Should women stand before a lectern (altar) and preach if it is her monthly period or is this confusion?, bringing another blood before God's altar? We as a "modern" church are too sensitive to consider this, and don't have a clue why women should not preach. This is an opinion that I sincerely believe God gave me about 2005. I have said this not to anger but to say what I believe I heard.

Well, how about if you heard right but interpreted wrong? He made them male and female, male and female made He THEM, and He called THEIR name/nature Adam (Adam renamed her Eve). The male and female He was talking about in the male and female made He THEM part, is to be understood that both physical male and physical female are BOTH male (spirit) and female (soul) in one body. Thus the scripture says we ALL are composed of spirit, soul and body.

The Spirit is male because it plants the Seed, the soul is female. This is why there are men according to the flesh that are part of the BRIDE of Christ, because He is betrothed to our soul which is feminine in nature.

Now the blood issue has to do with soul/womb-man, because "she" is what had the Seed planted in her and she is supposed to bring to birth a full grown Son. So what happens when a woman has monthly blood? It means that there was no conception, no Seed was planted, and therefore no Son has been produced. When it talks about our righteousness being as filthy rags, it is an Jewish euphemism for bloody rags, because a woman in menstruation for this reason meant idolatry.

And so we are told, spiritually speaking, that all women/souls should remain silent in church. No one should listen to the soul of man, but only to His Spirit in man, and that Spirit is to rule over the soul/womb-man. Peace

Old 09-29-2016, 09:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit means disallowing the expansion of your mind via deliberate obtuseness or limiting one's education.

It means thinking small - like everything worth knowing is in one old book and there's no sense in further learning.

Fundamentalists are all blasphemers.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:48 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit means disallowing the expansion of your mind via deliberate obtuseness or limiting one's education.

It means thinking small - like everything worth knowing is in one old book and there's no sense in further learning.

Fundamentalists are all blasphemers.
Nice try.

But I know a man and woman that lied.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Nice try.

But I know a man and woman that lied.
Neither of them was me.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:01 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
Quote:
You are correct Omaha . . . but most do not understand what that means. The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit (consciousness) and God IS Love! When we promote "un-love" we blaspheme the Holy Spirit by corrupting the Gospel of His love for us all. This retains the savage and ignorant beliefs about God of our ancestors . . . and corrupts the love we are to have for God and each other. It prevents true repentance and correction of our consciousness to attune it to Christ's love for us all . . . (which is what gives us the cover for our imperfections).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
So can we blaspheme if we have love and goodwill in our heart, but do not accept Jesus?
Quote:
Blasphemy against Jesus is forgivable . . . blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (God=Agape Love) is not. The absence of love is what taints the Soul.

Luke 12:10 (King James Version)

10And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

1 John 4 (King James Version)

7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Ephesians 4:14-15 (King James Version)

14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
"You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder."- James 2:19
Demons believe there is a God and yet they are doomed to destruction are they not? So if a being can believe in God and still be marked as unpardonable that would mean there is greater sin than just disbelief.
Correct. The ONLY true and unalterable standard of God is agape love, NOT beliefs. IF you would know what is of God and what is not, test the Spirit of it against the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). I repeat:
Quote:
To blaspheme the Holy Spirit is to think and act devoid of agape love. Nothing you do can be acceptable if it is devoid of agape love.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:26 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Yeah, your are correct about those savage ignorant ancestors of yours.
They are so outdone these days.
With technology paving the way and all.

Don't you just love the snide curve appeal of temptation?

Hmmmmm.
lmao, yeah, we have much better weapons ...

Old 10-02-2016, 07:58 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Unbelief

Old 10-02-2016, 08:31 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
The Great Transgression is apparently "using one's brain."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity