Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 11:06 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Correct. The ONLY true and unalterable standard of God is agape love, NOT beliefs. IF you would know what is of God and what is not, test the Spirit of it against the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). I repeat: The Holy Spirit is agape love (Who IS God) To blaspheme the Holy Spirit is to think and act devoid of agape love. Nothing you do can be acceptable if it is devoid of agape love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The Great Transgression is apparently "using one's brain."
No, Freak. It is NOT "using your heart" and acting without agape love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 11:13 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Please inform the Pope of this. He and 99.999% of Christians are unaware of this fact.

One wonders why the Christian God waited 2000 years to send you as a prophet.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Please inform the Pope of this. He and 99.999% of Christians are unaware of this fact.
It's good that the Christian God sent you to as a prophet 2000 years after the fact.
Not me, Freak. He sent Jesus, but His message and actions were corrupted into a blood sacrifice by the barbaric ignorance of our ancestors who rejected, scourged and crucified Him!!! The guilt lies entirely with the religions who made it a sign of faith in God to retain the ancient ignorance and superstitions of our barbaric and primitive ancestors, Freak. They insulated that ignorance for millennia and all the religious institutions have been built on it.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:12 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,049,144 times
Quote:

Oh he is a prophet allright, but not sent by God.

Jeremiah 14:13-16 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them, Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place. Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart. Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed. And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness upon them.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not me, Freak. He sent Jesus, but His message and actions were corrupted into a blood sacrifice by the barbaric ignorance of our ancestors who rejected, scourged and crucified Him!!! The guilt lies entirely with the religions who made it a sign of faith in God to retain the ancient ignorance and superstitions of our barbaric and primitive ancestors, Freak. They insulated that ignorance for millennia and all the religious institutions have been built on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Oh he is a prophet allright, but not sent by God.
Jeremiah 14:13-16 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them, Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place. Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart. Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed. And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness upon them.
I claim no such status as a prophet and the Lord you serve is an evil caricature derived from the barbaric OT ignorance. Please note that you are condemning love of God and each other when you condemn my views.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:19 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
I would modify it mystic. People that follow their heart to much can get all twisted up IMO. They lose sight of reality if they are not careful.

The number one failure is "losing your brain". The sin, or anti christ, is "false teaching". Even hate can teach the truth. Hates followers then will be able to choose for themselves. Yup, it may cost them their life, or even worse, for many scientist, their reputation. Engineers just think 'yu-all are crazy" as we walk to the cross.

It is a feedback loop for sure but the first "act" is teaching, no matter how you feel about it. IMO.

the heart without a brain is blind
a brain without a heart is lame
~Hinny-Einny

"education" includes this a grape love love of yours. Everything should be based on teaching; even play.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:31 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
I claim no such status as a prophet and the Lord you serve is an evil caricature derived from the barbaric OT ignorance. Please note that you are condemning love of God and each other when you condemn my views.
This answer is more just the devils advocate. I see your teachings as very good aver all.

When I condemn your views I am saying that yours is incomplete. "love" is an emotion and emotional based responses can cause more harm than good. "feel good" solutions can loose sight of what is in front of us. They are easier and do release "angst", that's true enough.

Rather, and I am not 100% certain here, as you know, make a list of some logical solutions then let your heart guide the actions of the choice. Or if there is no good choices, let the heart guide the implementation of the one (or three) you choose.

letting the heart describe the solution ignores the physical limitations set around us. I use "hoarders" as an example of "love", or emotion, as describing the logical "most logical solution". It aint pretty to those around that event.

I grab onto life with Washington, Lincoln, Sherman, Grant and Lee. Lee's the thumb. Jesus is just way to liberal for me. I would have him on my council for sure though, you know, to slow me down and make me think. He is my "left hand". the clap of life so to speak.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:30 AM

1 posts, read 739 times
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthmw3 View Post
the great transgression is quoted in psalm ch 19

"when david says keep back thy servant from presumptous sin" he says this in prior context, referencing to " the great transgression"

a clearer depiction and description of the sin of presumption is found in numbers 15: 30 - 35 backed by exodus 35 : 30.

It is having a knowledge of what god commands one not to do, and then to go boldly ahead and sin, thinking that in god's eyes he will accept the non compliance of his (god's) own law!

And in contrast...

It is having a knowledge of what god commands to do, and then to boldly go against his instruction and not follow through with his command and therefore sin, thinking that in god's eyes he will accept the non compliance of his (god's) own law!

It is idolatry, creature worship above creator worship through ideals actions and practices.

It is counterfeit worship...

That is why it is called....

The !!!great!!! Transgresssion.

Kind regards and god's richest blessings,

your brother in christ, in his service!

Matthew david smith [ a fellow dust vessell ]

Old 11-15-2016, 06:39 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,004 times
the GT is not finding the Word

finding Rapture instead

Old 11-15-2016, 06:05 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
"You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder."- James 2:19

Demons believe there is a God and yet they are doomed to destruction are they not? So if a being can believe in God and still be marked as unpardonable that would mean there is greater sin than just disbelief.
oh boy you sure got some fork in that tongue. Read the rest of the chapter.

Jas 2:19-26
You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was [fn]perfected; and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS,” and he was called the friend of God. You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Belief and faith are different, I believe parachutes work. I have never used one. My son has faith in parachutes. He has jump from planes with them multiple times. His faith makes his behavior different than mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity