Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 04:15 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,916 times

Advertisements

I had 14 years of Catholic education. My mother had 12 years and my Dad had 8 years. My daughters had 14 years each before going on to finish their degrees. I have 2 grandchildren going to Catholic school right now. Four generations of selfless sacrificing to give the children the best education around. Thanks Mom and Dad for the legacy you have left us. Everyone can give their children a Catholic education if they are willing to sacrifice a few luxuries in life. If I had to do it again, I would. My girls are worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 04:53 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Ted, Every time you mention an author that we should read, I do research on the person before I make any comments........negative or positive. If the author is known for blaspheming the Church, I don't bother with him/her.
Well this is from our conversation on the last author I mentioned at this forum

OkieGirl do you call this research?

OkieGirl
“James Carroll is a former Roman Catholic priest”
“So how can they be authorities on the RC Church?”
Dean Samuel T. Lloyd III---It looks like this guy is Lutheran.

You call that research?

First off Lloyd is not a Lutheran
You say because Carroll is a former Catholic priest
he can’t be an authority in any way on the Catholic Church
Why is that? He is a catholic in good standings with the Church and had permission to leave the priesthood by the pope
You did not even read his biography which someone else at this forum even mentioned that his bio was outstanding.

You went on to say this
“If the author is known for blaspheming the Church, I don't bother with him/her.”
What did Carroll say that was “blaspheming the Church” ???

I really have to wonder about your research

Old 05-13-2009, 04:56 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
I one-hundred percent agree that parents and the strength of their faith and how they practice it in the household has ten times the weight of going to Catholic school.
And your experience in going to Catholic school is???

Old 05-13-2009, 08:09 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,916 times
I didn't think it was necessary to print the whole thing!

Old 05-14-2009, 09:49 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,695 times
i have been very active in the catholic church and the school system-----bottom line---you could learn all the info.attend mass regularly,but unless you actively demonstrate what catholicism and christianity is about your children WILL follow what they see----some of the most un Christian people i have ever met spend every sunday at mass,donate to the church,send their kids to catholic schools for 12+ years,yet turn out very unchristian children------
i know cause i see them,and was married into such a family

Old 05-14-2009, 10:46 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
And your experience in going to Catholic school is???
I didn't go to Catholic school, though many of my friends did. I don't have to go to Catholic School to know that parents are way more important in all matter concerning your values and education. Kids observe and imitate.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:50 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Don't let the door hit you in the .......... on the way out
The good thing is I don't have to worry about leaving....."the gates of hell will not prevail against it". Jesus will take care of the Catholic Church. He will not protect the Church of Ted.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:26 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
i have no intention to aggravate anyone here, but feel it necessary to say that the understanding of a church as the body of christ is an entirely spiritual one and this body therefore should rather sooner than later relinquish all material ("earthly") power it has been denouncing for so long.

lip service only. imho.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 738 times
Whatever...but this I can say, Catholic schools have done an excellent job...I notice that people who went to Catholic schools have a certain 'refinement' in the way they carry themselves. Try to observe them!

Old 01-16-2014, 01:49 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag58 View Post
Whatever...but this I can say, Catholic schools have done an excellent job...I notice that people who went to Catholic schools have a certain 'refinement' in the way they carry themselves. Try to observe them!
Catholic school kids do not proselytize kids form other religions. Catholic kids accept other kids no questions asked. My daughter's best friend in an ALL girls catholic school was a Protestant. This Protestant girl felt at home in the Catholic school because her different religion was never an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity