Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 06:10 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,781 times

Advertisements

I see it coming. In two generations, or probably when my future grandchildren are able to vote, the gay right to marry won't be an issue. The reason it's an issue now is because they keep putting the vote to the people or everyone, including Christians who will never vote for any issue, like the right for gays to marry, that conflicts with their/our beliefs.

I agree that it's discrimatory in a secular sense, and that gays pay their taxes just like straights. I even said that in order for gays to have the right to marry, that states would have to just pass it into law. Thus, this why you have states like Iowa, just passing gay marriage in their legislature---which to me is fair game, so that a christian can't keeping voting no on it when he sees it on his ballot.

What makes me sad is when zealot Christians go overboard by protesting against gay marriage on the streets and freeway bridges just to make a point. Since I am a christian too, I have addressed this issue in this Christian thread several for gays who apparently like debating this issue. I have always said that our beliefs are based solely on the WORD of God, as we interpreted it. Yet, some gays seem to keep over looking that fact as if us Christians are just being mean and judgemental about it.

Christians, including myself, can't pick and choose to quote Scripture to prove a point to people who DON'T READ THE BIBLE OR DON'T ACCEPT THE BIBLE AS GOD'S WORD, NOR ACCEPT ANY SCRIPTURE THAT CONDONES THE SIN OR SINS THEY ARE COMMITTING.

So, I have learned to let the bible speak for itself for my FELLOW CHRISTIANS since bible believing Christians are supposed to hold ourselves to a higher standard any way, pray for the people who just flat out reject God's Word or the gospel and not judge them, and just preach the gospel of Jesus' death, burial and ressurrection. If no one accepts it, then it's cool, and don't debate about it.

What's insulting to Christians is when a gay person calls us a bigot for having a conviction against his or her lifestyle. We are to love all people regardless of the race, color, and today sexual orientation. With that said, that doesn't mean that we compromise our beliefs so that everyone can have equal rights because either way you look at it, it puts Christians in a catch-22 situation. If we vote for gay marriage, we are pleasing men. If we don't vote for it, we are pleasing God by being obedient to our heavenly Father's Word.

Last edited by antredd; 05-15-2009 at 06:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 06:17 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,671 times
Unfortunately I believe it will be law in all states within 10 years and Christianity, true Christianity, will be outlawed once again as hateful. I hope the Lord returns by this time but for all we know it could be another 60 years before His return because the world can get so much worse than what it is. Once the gays get their way it leaves the door open to all who want to marry in their own way like polygamy, incest, beastiality and many other sexually perverse relationships.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Unfortunately I believe it will be law in all states within 10 years and Christianity, true Christianity, will be outlawed once again as hateful. I hope the Lord returns by this time but for all we know it could be another 60 years before His return because the world can get so much worse than what it is. Once the gays get their way it leaves the door open to all who want to marry in their own way like polygamy, incest, beastiality and many other sexually perverse relationships.
You are absolutely right. I can see them silencing Christians because it will be into law that anything said, preached in the pulpit, or blogged against gays will be considered HATEFUL/BIGOT SPEECH--crimminaly charged.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:08 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
In two generations, fathers will probably be able to marry daughters and married "couples" will consist of three people. Shoot getting married might be considered old fashion and outdated.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:14 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,105 times
I was watching Jay Leno last night...don't know how true this is...but he said now people are wanting to marry in groups of three...
doesn't sound so far fetched...I can see people wanting to do that.
You've got to wonder just how far people will go.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:29 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,001,661 times
And this affects your lives or personal livelihood how?

Old 05-15-2009, 07:34 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,372,809 times
It's just more proof that what the Bibles says is true.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:35 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I'm still waiting for the answer to this question.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:39 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
You are absolutely right. I can see them silencing Christians because it will be into law that anything said, preached in the pulpit, or blogged against gays will be considered HATEFUL/BIGOT SPEECH--crimminaly charged.

Its happening now in England!! The police went round to speak to a christian couple who wanted to put christian leaflets alongside gay ones in a community centre.
The hate law is in full swing. So I don't think we can talk about 2 generations - I think David Wilkerson is right (look it up his prophecy about whats coming...soon..) the rapture cannot be far away.

And how much worse can things get? There is increasing violence, wickedness and perversion.

The stage is set....

Old 05-15-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
It doesn't to be honest, but IN MY CHRISTIAN OPINION ONLY, it just shows what our bible has warned us about what would be happening in these last days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity