Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 12:27 PM

473 posts, read 822,432 times

Advertisements

In another thread Vizio mentioned predestination. There's SO much about it in the Bible that I decided to start a thread on it. In the New Testament all who believe in Jesus Christ ARE the predestined and chosen elect. Those who repent and are baptized in the name of Christ.

Ephesians 1:4-5--According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love 5-Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

2 Thessalonians 2:13-14--But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14--Whereunto He called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:28-30---And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. 29--For whom He did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn amongst many brethren, 30--moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified.

2 Timothy 1:9--Whom hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN.

Ephesians 1:11--In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who worketh all things after the coubsel of His own will.

Matthew 24:31--And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His ELECT from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Yeshua Bless You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 03:59 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Before the world of righteous mankind [starting with Abel] began [ Matthew 23 v 35 ]

The elect called to heaven [ Revelation 20 v 6; 5 vs 9,10; 14 v 1 ] are apparently a set chosen number, but as to who will make up that heavenly kingdom government over earth is open [ Daniel 7 vs 18,21,27 ] because some do fall away according to Hebrews 6 vs 4-6.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:27 PM

Zecharaiah 13:7-8--Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. 8--And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

Has anyone thought about the fact that just about one third of the current population is Christian and two-thirds are not? And then there's the prophecy of a Saint that says the next pope is the last pope and then God judges His people.

Yeshua Bless You

Old 03-02-2013, 07:50 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
I saw my name....were you looking for a discussion or did you have any questions about what I meant?

Old 03-02-2013, 08:15 PM

Hi Vizio, I already forgot what thread of mine I saw you mention predestination in. Instead of giving an answer in the thread, I just decided to post a thread on predestination. I was under the impression that you thought that just a few people are predestined instead of all faithful Christians.

Yeshua Bless You

Old 03-02-2013, 08:16 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,277 times
Speaking to Israel the Lord said; "You are my witnesses, my servants whom I have chosen." He speaks of His servant as one who delivers justice to the nations when He says; "Here is my servant whom I uphold ,my chosen one with whom I am pleased upon whom I have put my spirit, he will deliver justice to the nations". He also speaks of His servant as one who eats and drinks when He says "My servant shall eat but you will go hungry. My servant shall drink but you shall go thirsty." Jesus speaks of the son of man who comes eating and drinking. What was He saying? Was He saying the son of man is the servant of the Lord? Some may think so. Jesus came to spread the truth the good news the word of God, at least He claimed that is why He came. He was just doing what the Lord has said to do from the beginning. After all didn't the Lord say; "Speak the truth to one another" and "faithfulness has disappeared, the word of God is gone from their speech." Jesus was giving an example of what everyone is to do, to speak the truth. To be Christ like is to speak the truth.

The servants of the Lord are the chosen. They are Israel, the son of God. "Israel is my son, my firstborn, let my son go so he can SERVE me."

Old 03-02-2013, 08:44 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Sheila, it sounds to me as if you're saying that the decision has already been made, and that if we are "the elect," we will repent, we will accept Christ and we will be saved. If that's the case, then there is really nothing for us to do but sit and wait for it to happen -- or not. We really have no choice in the matter, nor do those God has chosen to condemn. I hope that's not what you're saying, but that's what I'm getting out of your post.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:41 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,391,988 times
God predestinated a church, He did not predestinate the individuals in the church.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:43 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Hi Vizio, I already forgot what thread of mine I saw you mention predestination in. Instead of giving an answer in the thread, I just decided to post a thread on predestination. I was under the impression that you thought that just a few people are predestined instead of all faithful Christians.

Yeshua Bless You
No. All Christians are elect.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
All Christians are elect.
Subjective, not all have overcome the fallacies of men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity