Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:19 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes . I think you need to go and understand what this means "The letter killeth but the Spirit giveth life.

I also answered your question quite clearly .

Answer me this did Jesus go around changing peoples world ?

It actually says the disciples turned the world upside down.

No answer me this What did Jesus say to the Jailer at Philippi ?

What did Phillip say to the Ethiopian Eunuch ?
It's really simple, it's really simple. We do not change the gospel! You either follow the gospel scripturally or you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 03:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It's really simple, it's really simple. We do not change the gospel! You either follow the gospel scripturally or you don't.
I do not think for one moment he did I would love it if you would answer my questions.

So you think the disciples turning the upside down is not scriptual.

JESUS CHANGING THE WORLD AROUND HIM

1 When Jesus had finished giving instructions to His twelve disciples, He departed from there to teach and preach in their cities.
2 Now when John, while imprisoned, heard of the works of Christ, he sent word by his disciples 3 and said to Him, “Are You the Expected One, or shall we look for someone else?” 4 Jesus answered and said to them, “Go and report to John what you hear and see: 5 the BLIND RECEIVE SIGHT and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM. 6 “And blessed is he who does not take offense at Me

Notice the very last verse . Are you offended because peope are having their world changed.

Remember it was the religious order only who were offended by all that Jesus did.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I do not think for one moment he did I would love it if you would answer my questions.

So you think the disciples turning the upside down is not scriptual.

JESUS CHANGING THE WORLD AROUND HIM

1 When Jesus had finished giving instructions to His twelve disciples, He departed from there to teach and preach in their cities.
2 Now when John, while imprisoned, heard of the works of Christ, he sent word by his disciples 3 and said to Him, “Are You the Expected One, or shall we look for someone else?” 4 Jesus answered and said to them, “Go and report to John what you hear and see: 5 the BLIND RECEIVE SIGHT and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM. 6 “And blessed is he who does not take offense at Me

Notice the very last verse . Are you offended because peope are having their world changed.

Remember it was the religious order only who were offended by all that Jesus did.
What Jesus and the disciples did was scriptural, what Warren is doing, is not! Nothing, absolutely nothing Warren has said in that clip is based on scripture. I have no clue what Jesus, and Paul, John and Ringo have to do with Warren making up his own nonsense?

Old 06-01-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
What Jesus and the disciples did was scriptural, what Warren is doing, is not! Nothing, absolutely nothing Warren has said in that clip is based on scripture. I have no clue what Jesus, and Paul, John and Ringo have to do with Warren making up his own nonsense?
Why don't you answer my questions ? . Is it scriptual to say Jesus is not our friend and the friend of sinners ?

Old 06-01-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Why don't you answer my questions ? . Is it scriptual to say Jesus is not our friend and the friend of sinners ?
Is what scriptural? turning the world upside down. OF COURSE!!!!! but we turn the world upside down by following scripture not our own made up nonsense because I don't have faith people will believe in what the bible says so I read all kind of books dealing with the human condition so as to ease a false gospel into these people hoping that they will receive the Holy Spirit and He will grow them. That question.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 06-01-2009 at 04:21 PM..

Old 06-01-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Is what scriptural? turning the world upside down. OF COURSE!!!!! but we turn the world upside down by following scripture not our own made up nonsense because I don't have faith people will believe in what the bible says so I read all kind of books dealing with the human condition so as to ease a false gospel into these people hoping that they will receive the Holy Spirit and He will grow them. That question.
So not ministering to someones need through the love of God is not changing someones world (situation, circumstance) . Unbelievable

Read Lydias testimony in the book of acts . Read Cornelius's testimony in the book of acts , read Jesus's words about you never visited me in prison, fed me when i was hungry
When are you going to answer my questions ?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
So not ministering to someones need through the love of God is not changing someones world (situation, circumstance) . Unbelievable

Read Lydias testimony in the book of acts . Read Cornelius's testimony in the book of acts , read Jesus's words about you never visited me in prison, fed me when i was hungry
When are you going to answer my questions ?
Two can play that game. How is ministering to someone a FALSE GOSPEL showing the love of God or changing someone's world?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Two can play that game. How is ministering to someone a FALSE GOSPEL showing the love of God or changing someone's world?
Since when as sharing the Love of God been a false gospel ?

Fundy come on . Burn all your Calvinist literature and approach the word with an open heart

Old 06-01-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Since when as sharing the Love of God been a false gospel ?

Fundy come on . Burn all your Calvinist literature and approach the word with an open heart
How exactly is he spreading the Love of God? remember he is not a universalist such as yourself so how is he spreading the love of God to the unbelievers? what has he said, that is scriptural. Where is the gospel? Is the love of God the gospel?

I do with an open heart. I follow the Bereans. If it wasn't in scripture they didn't believe it. I search scripture each and everyday to know what is God's words then I pray that the Holy Spirit opens my eyes to the truth. Every day I grow in Him more and more and love each and every second.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
How exactly is he spreading the Love of God? remember he is not a universalist such as yourself so how is he spreading the love of God to the unbelievers? what has he said, that is scriptural. Where is the gospel? Is the love of God the gospel?

I do with an open heart. I follow the Bereans. If it wasn't in scripture they didn't believe it. I search scripture each and everyday to know what is God's words then I pray that the Holy Spirit opens my eyes to the truth. Every day I grow in Him more and more and love each and every second.
By being yourself Moderator cut: deleted as rude and changing the world around you with the love of God . How hard is that to understand ?

Yes the Love of God is the gospel

Last edited by june 7th; 06-02-2009 at 03:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity