Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:02 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,427 times

Advertisements

Thanks .sparrow and Shana! I've been wanting to write those experiences down for a long time, but for whatever reasons put it off.

Yes, Mayberry, it was more of a blog entry, but I don't do blogs and the rules say as long as a person doesn't do a running commentary, post after post, submissions like that one are acceptable. In my opinion, it was appropriate for this particular thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 05:09 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,427 times
I couldn't decide whether my experience was better suited for this thread or the "little things" thread, so I'm putting it here.

While walking to church this morning, I glanced up and noticed a bald eagle circling overhead. Naturally, my daughter and I had to stop to admire it. Every time I see a bald eagle, I can't help but think of Isaiah 40:31:
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
It's not a new insight, but I love the promise of that verse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity