Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 01:16 PM

14,890 posts, read 17,174,505 times

Advertisements

There are many believers here who accept God's word and are servants of God. All that do not agree with you, beloved, are not rejectors of God's truth or the seed of satan. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 01:17 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
But what claim to be true was given to you by something you claim to be UNtrue. It is hypocritical.
What i proclaim is Gods truth which you reject as untrue..which means nothing..

Old 06-30-2009, 01:18 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,776,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
What i proclaim is Gods truth which you reject as untrue..which means nothing..
You still haven't answered the question of where you get your bible. How do you know it has authority.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:19 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
All what you said is a rabbit trail..you reject Gods word that i as a servant of God proclaim..
We are all servants of God and it matters not what those beliefs are. Even athiest. When you walk in love, that is being a servant and you don't need a book for that. We are Love made manifest. If that is not God's word then I'm pretty sure you will be the one who will not see God. Reading a book cannot do anything for you in the way of acting on that love. If you say you are living God's word, then respect others and their beliefs or unbeliefs even if they do not agree with you.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:20 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
We are all servants of God and it matters not what those beliefs are. Even athiest. When you walk in love, that is being a servant and you don't need a book for that. We are Love made manifest. If that is not God's word then I'm pretty sure you will be the one who will not see God. Reading a book cannot do anything for you in the way of acting on that love. If you say you are living God's word, then respect others and their beliefs or unbeliefs even if they do not agree with you.

Quote:
We are all servants of God
So now you have jokes

Old 06-30-2009, 01:28 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,776,568 times
Quote:
You still haven't answered the question of where you get your bible. How do you know it has authority.
Answer

Old 06-30-2009, 04:13 PM

192 posts, read 215,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Aren't you doing the same as you claim I'm doing? You are quoting a book with authors who aren't Jesus. How do you know what Jesus taught if all you have are interpretations of His teachings? Where is Jesus' book in your bible? What did Jesus write so that I know your book is true? I don't want what someone else wrote about Him, I want His writings and His own words. Can't do it, can ya?
No need to mock my beliefs if you can't honestly prove yours with out quoting something. I can honestly say I have prayed for and received that which I practice. Divine Love. It is real and everlasting. Is your book? Can you take it to heaven with you? I can sure as you are real take Divine Love with me.
I am relying on a source, the Bible. I rely on its authenticity based in part on those who have sought to verify in part on those sought to disqualify, but have verified; in part on the unique structural integrity and unity of the Bible even though its parts have been written by several authors over hundreds of years; in part based upon the truths the Bible itself reveals. I do not take it in pieces; if God chose to speak in this way I believe he is able to accomplish it in spite of man's fallibility.

The gospels take time to quote the words of Christ for us. Nothing wrong with dictation either.

If you have received anything that contradicts clear teachings of the Bible, it ought to be strongly suspect, at least among Christians. Anything that is not in contradiction may be open for debate. I am not trying to mock your beliefs, I am only pointing out that if the Bible does not project the basis for your core believes, then they are patently not Christian. That doesn't mean you aren't entitled to them.

Jesus quoted much in sharing what he believed. "It is written..."

Yes the Bible, God's word is real and everlasting. I won't need the written word in heaven, I will have the Word that was with God in the beginning...

Old 06-30-2009, 05:16 PM

192 posts, read 215,570 times
Quote:
Okay, you get you truth from the bible. Why do you give the bible authority. It was written by men, and put together by the Catholic church. What about all those books we rejected, do they contain truth. If you put authority in the bible, by doing so You are giving authority to the Catholics Church, who put it together.
Actually, The RCC did not control the councils that determined what was canon and what was not.

There was nearly universal agreement on the canon of the OT by A.D. 250, according to one scholar, though there was at least some debate. This would be more than one hundred years before the start of the RCC.

Although the NT was debated much more, its canon began taking shape long before the RCC came to be. Paul considered the gospel of Luke to be authoratative scripture in 1 Tim 5:18. Peter also recognized Paul's writings as scripture in 2 Peter 3:15. Clement of Rome, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Irenaeus, and Hippolytus were said to have recognized several books of the NT as canon all before A.D. 250. Aside from the Apocrypha, the books receiving the most controversy were Hebrews, James, 2 Peter, 2 John and 3 john, according to the same scholar.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,634,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Man View Post
Paul considered the gospel of Luke to be authoratative scripture in 1 Tim 5:18.
1 Tim 5:18 - for the scripture says, "You shall not muzzle an ox when it is treading out the grain," and, "The laborer deserves his wages."

Okay, did you mean another verse, because I am having a hard time figuring out how this verse relates to your quote.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:35 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,634,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Man View Post
Actually, The RCC did not control the councils that determined what was canon and what was not.

There was nearly universal agreement on the canon of the OT by A.D. 250, according to one scholar, though there was at least some debate. This would be more than one hundred years before the start of the RCC.

Although the NT was debated much more, its canon began taking shape long before the RCC came to be. Paul considered the gospel of Luke to be authoratative scripture in 1 Tim 5:18. Peter also recognized Paul's writings as scripture in 2 Peter 3:15. Clement of Rome, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Irenaeus, and Hippolytus were said to have recognized several books of the NT as canon all before A.D. 250. Aside from the Apocrypha, the books receiving the most controversy were Hebrews, James, 2 Peter, 2 John and 3 john, according to the same scholar.
Just1Man, do you agree with Martin Luther and his position on the bible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity