Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 09:19 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Yes I agree. Many take the broad way to destruction. Does Mat 7:13-14 say anything about eternal hell? NO.

Yes there is a lesson in Luke 16. There was recent thread that discussed Luke 16 in depth. If you think Luke 16 is proof of eternal hell, you should research it a bit more.
I know that luke 16 is not talking about heaven and hell...Because none of the attributes of either person merits salvation or condemnation respectively...it is trying to get another point accross...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Why do you feel that someone who believes in Universal Redemption or Reconciliation is lost? Actually, I believe just the opposite:

Rom 3:22 and the righteousness of God is through the faith of Jesus Christ to all, and upon all those believing, --for there is no difference,

Notice that the righteousness of God is to all, and upon all those believing. Both groups are included. To all, in that all are righteous through the faith of Christ, and upon all (those who have also been regenerated by the Spirit, as opposed to those who as yet, have not) that believe. But in terms of being declared righteous by the faith of Christ, there is no difference between the two groups.

Rom 3:23 for all did sin, and are come short of the glory of God--

Rom 4:5 and to him who is not working, and is believing upon Him who is declaring righteous the impious, his faith is reckoned--to righteousness:

Additionally, I believe that those who deny that God has declared all sinners righteous through the faith of Christ are as yet unregenerate, and do not believe the good news (the Gospel). Both the Calvinist and Arminian need to repent and believe the Gospel.

Alabama 32
Florida 13
To all and upon all those BELIEVING...Not to and upon those NOT BELIEVING...not everyone believes or will believe...And the two groups the author is talking about are Jews and gentiles...not believers and non-believers...

Old 12-21-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Thats fine, you may call me anything you like.

The Gospel of our salvation is not a heresy my friend. What you are not able to see is that this Gospel is to be proclaimed to all, not offered to some, but rather given as a proclamation of truth to all, as Christ commanded. By your own testimony you've indicated that the Gospel message is not true for all. That Christ died and was resurrected only for some, but not all. This is why I know you do not truly believe in the Gospel.

The reason the Gospel is to be proclaimed to all is because it is applicable to all, and true for all. If it were not, there would be no judgment in it's rejection:

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, `For judgment I to this world did come, that those not seeing may see, and those seeing may become blind.'

There would also be no reason to blind someone from the Gospel if it's proclamation was neither applicable nor true for them to begin with.

2Co 4:4 in whom the god of this age did blind the minds of the unbelieving, that there doth not shine forth to them the enlightening of the good news of the glory of the Christ, who is the image of God;

And what is the Gospel that is proclaimed to all (the one proclaiming as well as to whom it is proclaimed)?:

1Co 15:1 And I make known to you, brethren, the good news that I proclaimed to you, which also ye did receive, in which also ye have stood,
1Co 15:2 through which also ye are being saved, in what words I proclaimed good news to you, if ye hold fast, except ye did believe in vain,
1Co 15:3 for I delivered to you first, what also I did receive, that Christ died for our sins, according to the Writings,
1Co 15:4 and that he was buried, and that he hath risen on the third day, according to the Writings,

Notice: During the proclamation, the Gospel proclaims that Christ died for our sins. For the one proclaiming as well as to whom it is proclaimed.

That's why we are to proclaim the good news to all. I'm also fully persuaded by scripture that the Holy Spirit, by grace, will regenerate all (because it is both applicable and true for all) to a saving knowledge of Christ and the Gospel, the good news of our salvation.

Believe in the good news. It's true!
If one does not believe in this life there is no second chance in the next...

Old 12-21-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
"By their fruit ye shall know them"... your doctrine is producing a lot of rotten fruit. You even have trouble saying it: you believe babies will be burning in hell forever.

Maybe you don't really believe that, and maybe you think the babies who die will mature to adults just so they can be burned forever. SICK SICK SICK.

Please tell me you don't really believe that. God is much greater than what you believe Richard. Maybe you secretly think babies will be given a chance to repent at some point. I don't know.

Examine the fruit of your doctrine Richard - it stinks.
Just because it does not give everyone that warm fuzzy does not make it wrong...There is but one way to Salvation and that is through Christ...Period...that is the good news...the good news is that someone paid the price for us and that we no longer have to pay...

Old 12-21-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen....
John 3:18-21
18. “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
21. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

God's purpose in sending His Son was not to condemn but to save, to give eternal life. Nevertheless, we put ourselves under condemnation when we refuse to believe in Him. We cut ourselves off from the source of life. When Christ confronts us, we must choose. Our choice determines our destiny.
How incredible that people would love the darkness of evil! Yet those who are practicing evil have reason to oppose the light of God's truth because it exposes their sin and guilt.
The point i am making is that when Christ preached He said "to them that have ears, let them hear"...IOW to him that the message is for, let them understand...You have to ask yourself, even though one makes a choice...what is the driving force behind that choice?...everything comes from God...the Jews know this and the irish know this...and probabley many other cultures know this...why does the American culture not know this?...

Old 12-22-2009, 07:52 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The point i am making is that when Christ preached He said "to them that have ears, let them hear"...IOW to him that the message is for, let them understand...You have to ask yourself, even though one makes a choice...what is the driving force behind that choice?...everything comes from God...the Jews know this and the irish know this...and probabley many other cultures know this...why does the American culture not know this?...
Good question....!! IMO, they do know, but deny it....if that makes any sense!!
Here in America when especially our nation who has up held the Christian values down through history.....until ????
I would say in the last century we have seen this decline, change and it seems we have become a people who are very narcissistic, self-reliance, materialistic, lacking in morals, very independent of God and become a nation of having a lot of little gods!!
The mind set of we have everything, look what we have done, self-suffiency....who needs God! Yet saying we believe (a false worship) when truly the heart it is denying that He has been our source of the richness and blessings of this country....so "to them that have ears, let them hear".... are not hearing! They are hearing the voice of the flesh, not the Spirit!!
Having a form of Godliness and yet denying His power!!
Also we as a nation haven't really ever suffered like other countries that you have mention, especially suffering a persecution of what/who they believe.
When our country has always had the freedom to worship.....

But.... I do believe it is coming upon this country soon....God has always in history brought judgment upon a people who have turned away from Him, to worship other gods so that their hearts would return back to the One true God, to serve Him only!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 12-22-2009 at 08:02 AM..

Old 12-22-2009, 08:20 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
Quote:
To all and upon all those BELIEVING...Not to and upon those NOT BELIEVING...not everyone believes or will believe...And the two groups the author is talking about are Jews and gentiles...not believers and non-believers...
I would disagree. It is to all (coma) and upon all those believing. A comparable verse is 1 Tim 4:10:

10for for this we both labour and are reproached, because we hope on the living God, who is Saviour of all men -- especially of those believing.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:26 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
Quote:
If one does not believe in this life there is no second chance in the next...
I'm not sure about this. I don't know of any scripture that would limit the work of the Spirit to this side of death. We do know that no one knows when or where the Spirit regenerates. That's as far as I'll go on that one...

John 3:7`Thou mayest not wonder that I said to thee, It behoveth you to be born from above;
8the Spirit where he willeth doth blow, and his voice thou dost hear, but thou hast not known whence he cometh, and whither he goeth; thus is every one who hath been born of the Spirit.'

Sorry for the way I have to quote scripture. I'm having to use one of my kid's old laptops without all my bible software...LOL

Old 09-20-2011, 12:21 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
The gospel is good news. People on here are arguing about all sorts of nonsense. But this is all we need to know:

How are we saved? Not by our own actions, that's for sure. We are saved by grace through faith:

Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

Now what is the gift? The grace or the faith? They are BOTH a gift. We are saved by God's grace through the faith He gives us. We don't have any grace, and we don't have any faith, unless God grants it to us (Romans 12:3).

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

Isn't that interesting. God's grace, the same grace that brings salvation, appears to all men!

It really is good news!
Great... Fantastic news. Especially for the burdened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity