Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 09:59 AM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times

Advertisements

I stand by the scriptures I presented, Fundy. Jesus died for our sins.

1 Corin. 15
2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
3For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures

1 Peter 2
2and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously
24and He Himself ore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

Matthew 1
20But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus because he will save his people from their sins

Rev. 1
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father

The wages of sin is death. (Romans 6:23) That is why is the last enemy and it is to be abolished, made of no effect. God bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 10:02 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I stand by the scriptures I presented, Fundy. Jesus died for our sins.

1 Corin. 1
The question is not whether you stand my scripture, the question is do we have the same gospel? and the answer is an emphatic, NO!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:03 AM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
I said that I stand by the scriptures presented, Fundy. God bless.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:14 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The question is not whether you stand my scripture, the question is do we have the same gospel? and the answer is an emphatic, NO!

Just wanting to clarify ... you DON'T believe that Jesus died to save us from sin and death?

Old 06-30-2009, 10:20 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,718 times
Quote:
Why did Christ have to die for our sins? what was He saving us from?
John 3:16 answers your question. Notice the part in there where he says eternal torture? Uh..er..wait..sorry,my bad... that`s not in there. Man adds in that part.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:47 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
That was reffering to Protestant vs Protestant battles. They Just throw out a page of scripture to the other person, that persons say no, look at these verses, and the first person, ignores those verses and gives out another collection of verses, and so on and so on.

Second part, I totally agree with.....Though some, Like Fundy, doesn't consider us Christians.
I'm sorry, my mistake. I'm also sorry some don't consider Catholics Christians.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:49 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,776,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I'm sorry, my mistake. I'm also sorry some don't consider Catholics Christians.

It's okay......And I'm used to people telling me I'm not a Christian because the area of the country I live in. I know better. Eventually they will too.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:29 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
A mystic can pull verses from the bible and claim they are sharing the same gospel.
Let me answer my question to you Shana. Jesus died on the cross for our sin to save us from God; the wrath of God coming down on us if we die unrepentant in our sins, that is who we are saved from. We broke God's law therefore we must pay the penalty but Jesus took our place and paid our fine in front the just judge of all, He took the punishment from God that was meant for us

(Isaiah 53:10)
"Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him;"

Do you still think we have the same gospel?
Ok Fundy now I see where you are coming from. Sorry, your "gospel" is out of whack with what the scriptures say.

Jesus (who is the representation of God) did not die to save us from God (who is represented by Jesus). How ridiculous is that? God died on the cross to save us from God? If that is your gospel, then I would say most people around here don't have the same gospel as you.

Shana presented it well. Jesus died on the cross for our sins, and the wages of sin, which is death. Reread the verses Shana posted, if you are able to.

Here. This is the important bit:
1 Pe 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

Jesus paid the price. But you ask why do we still sin? You might also ask why do we still die? Because the flesh must die. 1 Pe 2:24 tells us: we might die to sins. So we are still going to sin, and still die, in this flesh. But then comes the good part: eventually we will live for righteousness.

Jesus was the first of the firstfruits. He died for the sins of the world, just as we will all die. But then He was raised again, just like we will all be raised again in righteousness. Death is not abolished... yet. It won't be abolished until everyone has been raised incorruptible and immortal.

Throw out your traditions that contradict scripture - it will help.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:54 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
More and more forums are becoming universalists vs Christians. The petty differences is the heart of the gospel. Both sides undermine one another's gospel; both can't be true therefore there can be no peace.
I have peace, though i struggle. I have grace, though i am under condemnation. I am at rest though i run.

The reason for the great debate concerning universal reconciliation is that it is high time to set the captives free from the bondage of servitude to sin and death. Christ has already accomplished it but it seems we have forgotten our first love. That love which won us to Christ. That love which redeems us. We have become a mockery of who we ought to be. We have fallen asleep and its time to awaken from the 1500 year slumber.

In the immortal words of Frank Herbert ...

"The sleeper must awaken"

Old 06-30-2009, 01:07 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,993 times
Quote:
There are much more important things to be done such as spreading the TRUE gospel of Jesus Christ. You will not see universalists doing this.....

you might want to read that page:

Teachings

Quote:
All I asked is why did Jesus have to die to save us from our sins and you can't give one straight answer? and you think we have the same gospel?
because the wages of sin is death, without Christ's sacrifice whole mankind had suffered eternal death, this is what I believe.

if Christ suffered our penalty, how could that be endless hell, Christ died and rose from the dead.

@ Fundamentalist, your gospel is no good news at all; when you believe in predestination it is a done deal anyway, why bother about doctrinal issues? it would harm noone and save noone as it would have been decided what would happen ages ago. As your gospel is no good news, maybe your gospel is the false gospel?

you might want to read that:

The Good News (http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/goodnews.htm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity