Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2010, 02:33 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Your reply reminds me of how Proverbs 12:15a and Proverbs 27:22 relates directly to you.

Just remember:
Ransom = Freed
Freed = Saved

"God will have all humans to be saved because Christ gave Himself a ransom for all" (1 Tim.2:4-6).
Dear Eusebius,

You reply reminds me of how much you misunderstand ransom and the internal and fundamental concept of it.

You are a slave until you accept the ransom that was paid.

Christ became sin, not the sinner. You must accept Christ, for your sin, to be washed clean by His blood. The Atonement of Christ is the sacrificial work of Jesus for sinners. In his death on the cross, Christ atoned for the sins of humanity such that God is satisfied and reconciliation is accomplished for all who will be redeemed. The obedience and death of Christ on behalf of sinners is the ground of redemption.

Christ died for man, in man's place, taking his sins and bearing them for him. The bearing of man's sins takes the punishment for them and sets the believer free from the penal demands of the law.

The biblical word translated once for all (Greek ephapax in Rom. 6:10; Heb. 9:26, 28; 10:10) is clearly a contrast with the Old Testament yearly sacrifice on the Day of Atonement and declares the complete sufficiency of Christ's death. Therefore the Law itself was not abolished, but fulfilled in His work, thus completing the redemptive factor in Him, for us, the slave, the believer, in the ransom paid for solely. All men don't get a free pass outside of the belief system.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Maybe one day, many thousands of years into the future, we will experience Télérama, but as of now, it is obvious, that time has not come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 05:53 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Dear Eusebius,

You reply reminds me of how much you misunderstand ransom and the internal and fundamental concept of it.

sciotamicks, I need an exact scripture which says what you underlined and bolded above.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
[/b][/u]

sciotamicks, I need an exact scripture which says what you underlined and bolded above.

LOL....you really are funny. That's what ransom means.....paid for a slave. You have just shown the forum your inability to understand the term "ransom". It's called an interpretation developed off hundreds of scriptures....something you seem to have a hard time with, interpreting the scripture.

I will ransom them (Spiritual Israel) from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

From Matthew Henry: I will ransom them from the power of the grave. Though Israel, according to the flesh, became abandoned to destruction, God had mercy in store for his spiritual Israel, in whom all the promises were to be fulfilled, and this among the rest, for to them the apostle Paul applies it (1 Co. 15:55), and particularly to the blessed resurrection of believers at the great day, yet not excluding their spiritual resurrection from the death of sin to a holy, heavenly, spiritual, and divine life.

It is promised, that the captives shall be delivered, shall be ransomed, from the power of the grave. Their deliverance shall be by ransom; and we know who it was that paid their ransom, and what the ransom was, for it was the Son of man that gave his life a ransom for many, Mt. 20:28 - NOT ALL, those elected.

It is He that thus redeemed them. Those who, upon their repenting and believing, are, for the sake of Christ’s righteousness, acquitted from the guilt of sin and saved from death and hell, which are the wages of sin, are those ransomed of the Lord that shall, in the great day, be brought out of the grave in triumph, and it shall be as impossible for the banks of death to hold them as it was to hold their Master. That the conqueror shall be destroyed: O death! I will be thy plagues. Jesus Christ was the plague and destruction of death and the grave when by death he destroyed him that had the power of death, and when in his own resurrection he triumphed over the grave.

But the complete destruction of them will be in the resurrection of believers at the great day, when death shall for ever be swallowed up in victory, and it is the last enemy that shall be destroyed. But the word which we translate I will may as well be rendered Ubi nunc—Where now are thy plagues? And so the apostle Paul took it further: ’O death! where is thy plague, or sting, with which thou hast so long pestered the world? O grave! where is thy victory, or thy destruction, wherewith thou has destroyed mankind?’’ Christ has abolished death, has broken the power of it and altered the property of it, and so enabled us to triumph over it. This promise he has made, and it shall be made good to all that are his; for repentance shall be hidden from his eyes; he will never recall this sentence passed on death and the grave, for he is not a man that he should repent.

Now, Dear Eusebius, deal with this verse please:

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; not of works, lest anyone should boast.

What is faith A gift from God, to HIS PEOPLE.

Eusebius,

Does God want you to not sin?

Stay busy in the Word!

Old 03-02-2010, 06:30 PM

Eusebius,

I need exact scripture, an in depth exegesis, of your personal system of belief of Universal Reconciliation.

Eusebius,

Do you believe that Satan and his angels will be redeemed?

Old 03-02-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
LOL....you really are funny. That's what ransom means.....paid for a slave. You have just shown the forum your inability to understand the term "ransom". It's called an interpretation developed off hundreds of scriptures....something you seem to have a hard time with, interpreting the scripture.

I will ransom them (Spiritual Israel) from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

From Matthew Henry: I will ransom them from the power of the grave. Though Israel, according to the flesh, became abandoned to destruction, God had mercy in store for his spiritual Israel, in whom all the promises were to be fulfilled, and this among the rest, for to them the apostle Paul applies it (1 Co. 15:55), and particularly to the blessed resurrection of believers at the great day, yet not excluding their spiritual resurrection from the death of sin to a holy, heavenly, spiritual, and divine life.

It is promised, that the captives shall be delivered, shall be ransomed, from the power of the grave. Their deliverance shall be by ransom; and we know who it was that paid their ransom, and what the ransom was, for it was the Son of man that gave his life a ransom for many, Mt. 20:28 - NOT ALL, those elected.

It is He that thus redeemed them. Those who, upon their repenting and believing, are, for the sake of Christ’s righteousness, acquitted from the guilt of sin and saved from death and hell, which are the wages of sin, are those ransomed of the Lord that shall, in the great day, be brought out of the grave in triumph, and it shall be as impossible for the banks of death to hold them as it was to hold their Master. That the conqueror shall be destroyed: O death! I will be thy plagues. Jesus Christ was the plague and destruction of death and the grave when by death he destroyed him that had the power of death, and when in his own resurrection he triumphed over the grave.

But the complete destruction of them will be in the resurrection of believers at the great day, when death shall for ever be swallowed up in victory, and it is the last enemy that shall be destroyed. But the word which we translate I will may as well be rendered Ubi nunc—Where now are thy plagues? And so the apostle Paul took it further: ’O death! where is thy plague, or sting, with which thou hast so long pestered the world? O grave! where is thy victory, or thy destruction, wherewith thou has destroyed mankind?’’ Christ has abolished death, has broken the power of it and altered the property of it, and so enabled us to triumph over it. This promise he has made, and it shall be made good to all that are his; for repentance shall be hidden from his eyes; he will never recall this sentence passed on death and the grave, for he is not a man that he should repent.

Now, Dear Eusebius, deal with this verse please:

What is faith A gift from God, to HIS PEOPLE.

Eusebius,

Does God want you to not sin?

Stay busy in the Word!
Oh I understand ransom perfectly well. And I understand when I'm getting flim flammed.

You said this:
Quote:

I asked for a specific verse that says one has to accept the ransom that was paid. You could not bring one forth and I knew in advance you could not bring one forth because no verse exists which says that one is a slave until the slave accepts the ransom that was paid.

Until you can give me a specific verse, I suggest you put your hand over your mouth.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:03 PM

Eusebius,

I don't think you do Eusebius, at all, because you apply this ransom paid to the sinner that DOES NOT have faith in Christ, in rebellioin till death. An exchange must take place for this ransom to be effective, and that is:

Rom 10:9,10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Deal with this please:

Last edited by sciotamicks; 03-02-2010 at 07:13 PM..

Old 03-02-2010, 07:28 PM

[quote=sciotamicks;13129095]

Come on now sciotamicks, you said
Quote:

I can only believe what the Bible tells me.

Now where is the verse which specifically says what you bolded and underlined.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:47 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Oh I understand ransom perfectly well. And I understand when I'm getting flim flammed.

You said this:
I asked for a specific verse that says one has to accept the ransom that was paid. You could not bring one forth and I knew in advance you could not bring one forth because no verse exists which says that one is a slave until the slave accepts the ransom that was paid.

Until you can give me a specific verse, I suggest you put your hand over your mouth.
Is that what this is called? Flim flammed? I wondered..

I like that..

Old 03-02-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:

Come on now sciotamicks, you said

I can only believe what the Bible tells me.

Now where is the verse which specifically says what you bolded and underlined.
Why can't you address the two scriptures I presented to you, instead of deflecting and concentrating on one thing which was already answered?

I answered you honestly, can you do the same.

Romans 10
Eph 2

Please address those two verses in light of your UR beliefs.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Why can't you address the two scriptures I presented to you, instead of deflecting and concentrating on one thing which was already answered?

I answered you honestly, can you do the same.

Romans 10
Eph 2

Please address those two verses in light of your UR beliefs.
Had you answered my original request I wouldn't be asking you repeatedly to prove this statement you made:

Quote:

Go back to the Old Testament. There is not one passage in the whole Old Testament which says a slave has to accept the ransom that was paid.

All agreements were made BEFORE the ransom was paid.

If you were a Hebrew and sold yourself as a slave to another Hebrew and your uncle Shlem came along to ransom you, he would first ask if you wanted to be ransomed. If "Yes" he would compute with the slave owner how many more years you would be required to serve and pro-rate the amount owed. Once the ransom was paid the slave had to be freed.
Uncle Shlem would never pay the ransom first then ask if you accept the ransom!

Likewise the ransom of all mankind has already been paid! Our believing doesn't make it so. We believe because it is so!

Also, how can an animal be required to accept a ransom after it was paid?
How were the firstborn of Israel required to accept their ransom after it was paid? If they go "dadagoogoo" in Hebrew was that good enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity