Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:37 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
No tricks, I am not required to answer a question to your satisfaction.
LOL....To my satisfaction. This thread is talking about people like you. Just can't allow scripture to say what it says, you have to add or change it up in order for it to mean what you want it to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 AM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
I believe that nothing happens apart from divine determination and decree. We shall never be able to escape from the doctrine of divine predestination - the doctrine that God has foreordained certain people unto eternal life.
C. Spurgeon

and evidently preordained others to eternal hell which contradicts numerous scriptures. God bless.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
LOL.... This thread is talking about people like you.
I like myself, thank you.

Quote:
Just can't allow scripture to say what it says,
Oh, you know, you may be on to something.

1Ti 2:4 Who wills that all mankind be saved and come into a realization of the truth.

It says what it says, Thank you for pointing that out.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:57 AM

193 posts, read 289,315 times
Quote:
Does God hate wickedness and evil or does He love wickedness and evil?
Let's see, why don't we ask John Calvin and Michael Servetus.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
This thread is talking about people like you. Just can't allow scripture to say what it says, you have to add or change it up in order for it to mean what you want it to be.

Quote:
If Christ on His cross intended to save every man, then He intended to save those who were lost before He died. If the doctrine be true, that He died for all men, then He died for some who were in Hell before He came into this world, for doubtless there were even then myriads there who had been cast away because of their sins. . . That seems to me a conception a thousand times more repulsive than any of those consequences which are said to be associated with the Calvinistic and Christian doctrine of special and particular redemption. To think that my Savior died for men who were or are in Hell, seems a supposition too horrible for me to entertain. (Charles Spurgeon, Autobiography: 1, The Early Years, p. 172)
Another contradiction. Colossians 1:15-20. I wonder who is adding to the scriptures God bless.

Colossians 1:15-20
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.16. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.17. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.18. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.19. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,20. and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-01-2009 at 10:09 AM..

Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
C. Spurgeon

and evidently preordained others to eternal hell which contradicts numerous scriptures. God bless.

Thats the main point, to say "scripture just says what it says" is not as simple as it sounds, because as they say that they will have to pull out their selective scripture to prove it says what they want it to say themselves.

This thread may end up being a good example of self contradiction from that aspect of thought.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:05 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Agreed that anyone can pick out a few scriptures.

God is love, and all can count on that love, thats what the whole bible says in any language and translation.
Exactly when scripture may be difficult to understand , there is always ONE THING you can rely on, that is, there is no shadow of doubt that God is love and faithful .

Old 07-01-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
This thread is talking about people like you. Just can't allow scripture to say what it says, you have to add or change it up in order for it to mean what you want it to be.

Quote:
I have my own opinion that there is no such thing as preaching Christ and Him crucified, unless we preach what nowadays is called Calvinism. It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else. I do not believe we can preach the gospel if we do not preach justification by faith without works; nor unless we preach the sovereignty of God in His dispensation of grace; nor unless we exalt the electing unchangeable eternal, immutable, conquering love of Jehovah; nor do I think we can preach the gospel unless we base it upon the special and particular redemption of His elect and chosen people which Christ wrought out upon the cross. (Charles Spurgeon, The New Park Street Pulpit, Vol. 1, 1856).
So the scripture that presents that God is the Savior of all men especially of believers is to be subtracted from the word of God.... God bless.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:10 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Yes He does but all the wickedness and evil of the world He bore on the cross and because He bore all our sin which He hates on the cross He is no longer reckoning all that wickedness and evil against us.

2 Corinthians chapter 5 verse 18 - 21

19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

This is music to the sinners ears because He can put faith in the fact that God as demonstrated His love to us not going to demonstrate . What a wonderful savior we have.

He became what we are so we could become what He is

Old 07-01-2009, 10:11 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
God loves the person but hates sin.

That's why He sent His Son to die, not for the righteous (which there are none) but for the sinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity