Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:27 PM

14,884 posts, read 17,164,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy99
#1 -Rom. 11:36

"From Him everything comes, through Him everything exists and in Him everything ends."

Ta pavnte= the all things.

Ta pavnte = in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the universe. Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming. From Him ta pavnte comes, through Him ta pavnte exists, and in Him ta pavnte ends.

#2. -Eph. 1:-

"He has made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you too, who in Him were made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will."

The all things in the heavens, the all things in the earth, and you who once were dead in trespasses and sins. That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one, the ta pavnte en/in Christ.

Ta pavnte = in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the universe. Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.

#3 -Col. 1:20

"God purposed through Him to reconcile the universe to Himself, making peace through His blood...to reconcile to Himself through Him, I say, things on earth and things in heaven. And you..."

The all things (the ta pavnte) in the heavens, the all things (the ta pavnte) in the earth, and you who once were dead in trespasses and sins. God has purposed to reconcile the universe (the ta pavnte) to Himself. The ta pavnte/ the all, encompasses the ta pavnte on the earth and the ta pavnte in the heavens. The ta pavnte= the all, the whole enchilada.

Ta pavnte = in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the universe. Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.

Ta panta is the absolute all: nothing is excluded!
Right God bless.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:44 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
It doesnt say its not all elect men !

It means all elect men..for the children of the devil arent saved Matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
It says all men and the elect are addressed with the ESPECIALLY those that believe (that is the elect) the elect are the believers, they are not the all men - the "all men" are "all men"

Old 07-17-2009, 02:08 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
God is the Saviour of All elect men, especially them believing.
Yeah because the elect and them believing are two different groups right?

Old 07-17-2009, 03:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
This "we are the elect" business stinks to high heaven and is a revealing of the pride in the heart of who ever says it.

It is the same spirit that said

, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?"

Paraphased " We are the elect you can't tell us anything , we are unteachable because we know it all already"

Last edited by pcamps; 07-17-2009 at 04:15 AM..

Old 07-17-2009, 04:09 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yeah because the elect and them believing are two different groups right?
Yeah - there are believing elect and non believing elect - both saved and the believing elect are especially saved NOT!!! NOT!!! NOT!!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 07:07 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Yeah - there are believing elect and non believing elect - both saved and the believing elect are especially saved NOT!!! NOT!!! NOT!!!!
There are believing elect and there are elect who have yet to believe..

Old 07-17-2009, 07:09 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
There are believing elect and there are elect who have yet to believe..
Amen we are all elected so all will believe , you have finally conceded all will believe and be saved

Old 07-17-2009, 07:26 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,940 times
Quote:
mk 1:5

And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

lk 3:

And as the people were in expectation, and all men mused in their hearts of John, whether he were the Christ, or not;

jn 3:
26And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him

jn 8:

2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

acts 22:

15For thou shalt be his witness unto all [pas] men of what thou hast seen and heard.

For I am quite sure paul was not a witness to every single man in the then known world !! But He did witness to all different sorts and or classes of men:

1 cor 9:

19For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

20And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
22To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

when paul was made all [pas] things to all men, does that mean he was made a fornicator to win fornicators ? of course not..

2 cor 3:

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

Were the corinthians in a place where all men of the world came by and read them ?

In none of the above has all the meaning of unlimited scopage.. In these verses the general term have a relative meaning.

For the most part in the bible the word all is used in two ways, all without exception, and all without distinction, which is the more general in Holy Writ, which means all classes and kinds, the old, the young, men / women, poor or rich, educated or uneducated, bond or free, jew or gentile, black or white..men or people of all nations..

At times the word all refers strictly to believers in christ as in 1 cor 15:

22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

2 cor 5:

14For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

But many are very flippant and careless in discerning and determining this usage by God of the word all..
God says he does not want to lose NOT ONE, Jesus cames to reconcile ALL (which includes heaven, earth and all human beings) to himself. But we are not considering that he still allows freedom of choice. This means eventhough God have made provision that all come to him through Jesus, that does not mean all will do so.

In Rev 9:20 it states

The rest of mankind ...still did not repent of the works of their hand: they did not stop worshipping demons,.....nor did they repent of the murders,....

In this I see that eventhough Yeshua has died for all mankind, not all will come to him... this is freedom of choice with it conseqeunces of either eternal life or eternal death.

Now the part about the "elect" there seems to be a distinction here in Rev 7: 3-17 because there are 24 elders and 144,000 servant of God who's foreheads that are sealed before that earth is harmed. That number we have no idea what it constitues because John says he heard the number and v 9 he looks and there is great multitude too numerous to count from every nation,tribe,people and language.

This is the same words the Lord told Abraham about his children (Gen 15:5)telling him to look at the stars and count them -if indeed you can count them. And we also know that in Numbers it is the MEN who are counted not the women and children but they are also behind that one number. So this 144,000 can mean a larger number than we human understand.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:38 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,702 times
Quote:
God says he does not want to lose NOT ONE,
Yeah of the elect, not the children of the devil..here is their portion from God Matt 25:

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Old 07-17-2009, 07:41 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,940 times
Quote:
Yeah of the elect, not the children of the devil..here is their portion from God Matt 25:

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Calm down Beloved. Continue to read my entire post please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity