Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:49 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Fundy see my answer to sparrow.

Fundy i am not quite sure where you are going with this but i do hope you are believing and trusting God in every area of your life , before you are quick to judge me because i confessed there are areas in my life where the Lord had shown me i was not believing him for.
God demands truth in the inward parts .
I am not judging you. I had a friend last week say the same thing which is what peaked my curiosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 07:53 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,921,471 times
Hey pcamps, I'm so glad you found good stuff!
I just have to be honest though, I still kind of hold this guy at arm's length as far as the message I think he conveys. but I'm glad that something he said has helped you, and helped cleared out some areas in you that you felt you were not trusting God about.

I know the feeling. I think we all do!

how awesome that He touched you through this preacher.

Peace to you, friend..
Glad you were uplifted.
That makes me smile.

sparrow

Old 07-07-2009, 07:59 PM

193 posts, read 289,202 times
I tend to stay away from the TBNish kinda stuff these days. No offense.

He can be quite motivational though.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:55 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
I never watch TBN or any christian tv as rule , but for some reason i like Joel Osteen , maybe i am a sugar candy christian Tony keeps calling me .
Rule of thumb for me if it causes you to desire the Lord more , then it as to be the Lord.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:56 AM

309 posts, read 511,927 times
I love listening to Joel also and even subscribe to his emails, however he is very much a motivational type speaker. He is very positive and happy. Only problem I have with him is that he says well God loves everyone no matter what you do. He is one of those that thinks God loves everyone. That is my disagreement with him.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
I love listening to Joel also and even subscribe to his emails, however he is very much a motivational type speaker. He is very positive and happy. Only problem I have with him is that he says well God loves everyone no matter what you do. He is one of those that thinks God loves everyone. That is my disagreement with him.
Deerdog what makes you think God does not love everyone ?

Thanks for sharing by the way

Old 07-08-2009, 07:02 AM

309 posts, read 511,927 times
I believe God makes his love available to everyone but does not love everyone. He hate workers of iniquity. Also if you love everyone then you would save them no matter if they came to you or not, but people go to hell everyday due to the fact they don't accept his love that is available to them.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:46 AM

295 posts, read 1,179,012 times
I am one of those who really like his messages. I subscribe to his emails and have both his books. There have been several messages that he has preached where I have gotten so much out of them.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,818,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
God does love everyone. Jesus didn't die on the cross for just a few, but for all SINNERS. He wouldn't have given His only Son for sinners if he didn't love them. He may not love the sins, but He loves the sinners.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:19 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
God does love everyone. Jesus didn't die on the cross for just a few, but for all SINNERS. He wouldn't have given His only Son for sinners if he didn't love them. He may not love the sins, but He loves the sinners.
Not entirely correct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity