Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:20 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
LOL.......Yes how to be rich, healthy and wealthy "the gospel of me". I would love to see his "teaching" or his book "Living your best life now" would go over Orissa State, Sudan, Ruwanda's trouble, Nigeria, Many parts of the middle east where Christians are constantly being persecuted?

LOL....Osteen preaches the gospel. Please I know more about theology than Osteen's watered down gospel that will lead thousands to hell.
I believe in all that but the there is one important difference i seek first the kingdom of God.

I have never heard him talk up health and wealth in the few times i have listened to his message.

What is happening in Ruwanda is not Joel Osteens fault anymore than my neighbor in need is mine.

We are called to minister to the need not ignore it, which we woud if we ourselves were sick and in poverty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 10:24 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,562,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe in all that but the there is one important difference i seek first the kingdom of God.

I have never heard him talk up health and wealth in the few times i have listened to his message.

What is happening in Ruwanda is not Joel Osteens fault anymore than my neighbor in need is mine.

We are called to minister to the need not ignore it, which we woud if we ourselves were sick and in poverty.
Boy you could spin a tale. I have heard him many times, it's called "motivational speaking"
No one said, what happened in Ruwanda is Osteen's fault but a pastor must prepare his sheep for such things whether it be a death in the family or a child being raped and murdered through his teachings.

"God moves in mysterious ways" or "Jesus loves you" is not going to cut it and really does not make any sense.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Curious Pcamp. Then why should we repent then?
It was said to you . You are saying God's love is restrained to a chosen few He died for , this is not the gospel it's another gospel , hence me saying to you repent and believe the gospel.

I even think you have calvinism mixed up . A Calvinist who loved the Lord would NEVER disclose the doctrine he believes on an open forum for the lost to read .

There is no disputing we are called to preach the gospel Christ died for our sin was buried and rose again on the third day , and by the way if you are not the elect you are not included,utter disgrace that you are saying what you are saying

Jesus never went around talking openly that way to the lost sheep , even if He believed in Calvinism .

Exactly Jesus loves you will not cut it if works don't follow.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:32 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
I so agree...I won't watch him anymore because all he's doing is "tickling ears" to thousands...There's no meat at all in his sermons and his messages are nothing short of motivational speeches...
Amen.....agree with you and kdbrich! It is definitely the itchy ear thing, it speaks to the flesh not the spirit!!

Blessings

Old 07-08-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen.....agree with you and kdbrich! It is definitely the ichy ear thing, it speaks to the flesh not the spirit!!

Blessings
God is an ever present help in trouble , He is abundantly available , that goodness and mercy shall follow us all the days of our life.

That He is Jehovah Jireh , that he is with us always .

How can this be tickling ears ?.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
It was said to you . You are saying God's love is restrained to a chosen few He died for , this is not the gospel it's another gospel , hence me saying to you repent and believe the gospel..
Why should I repent? repent for what? it's like you are a police officer pulling me over and gave me a 200 dollar ticket and say I must pay, no reason nothing. REPENT FOR WHAT?!

Quote:
I even think you have calvinism mixed up . A Calvinist who loved the Lord would NEVER disclose the doctrine he believes on an open forum for the lost to read .
Says who, what verse is that? why would I not disclose what I learned about the Lord, not to mention my favorite doctrine to the lost?

Quote:
There is no disputing we are called to preach the gospel Christ died for our sin was buried and rose again on the third day , and by the way if you are not the elect you are not included,utter disgrace that you are saying what you are saying
Well scripture says that, you have nothing to worry about if you believe, if you believe you are ok?

Quote:
Jesus never went around talking openly that way to the lost sheep , even if He believed in Calvinism
Jesus said, my sheep hear my voice but you are not my sheep

Old 07-08-2009, 10:38 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,067,121 times
Quote:
God is an ever present help in trouble , He is abundantly available , that goodness and mercy shall follow us all the days of our life.

That He is Jehovah Jireh , that he is with us always .

How can this be tickling ears ?.

When he sits on Larry King's show and refuses to say that unbelievers will go to hell, he's an ear-tickler. When he says instead "I don't know"...that leads me to question if he knows the gospel at all.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:41 AM

Judging anothers salvation this is entirely the foundation of calvinism if you are not included in the elect you are not loved.

Favorite doctrine ?????????????? Our fathers will is the doctrine

This is why i said to you Fundy your doctrine is mixed up , because reading your posts , which is all we can go by, all you have is a doctrine , which denies entry into the kingdom of God to the whosoevers.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 AM

I would flat out tell Larry King there is no Hell , though i fully understand what Joel was saying when He refused to be drawn , you lot would eat or stone him alive.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Judging anothers salvation this is entirely the foundation of calvinism if you are not included in the elect you are not loved.

Favorite doctrine ?????????????? Our fathers will is the doctrine
:dubi ous: Yes exactly Pcamp I am through with pcamp logic in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity