Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2018, 02:49 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
He was stupid to do what he did. I don't think the first missionaries did that. Those people repelled many others who tried to do the same thing. He first needed to find one person whom the tribe trusted to get their trust.
They don't trust anyone. Years ago, some people went and gave them coconuts as an offering to show they come in peace. He didn't even try to do anything like that. He just went, yelling in a language they don't understand, my name is John, I love you, and Jesus loves you! So strange. No plan. And no plan would have worked anyway, I am just saying one should at least make one that COULD possible be reasonable. Have some dang coconuts at least. !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 03:04 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
That is why we are supposed to do things like that missionary. Go to an Island with that Tribe who isn't part of the modern world, has never heard of Jesus, to spread the 'Good News'. Otherwise, their blood is on our hands. As I understand it, that idiot died but he relived himself of his responsibility by trying. You can tell I think this is dumb, but I am pointing out the 'logic' behind people who don't know being punished. That is our fault. For not getting to them in time.

And if we go and tell of Jesus and they reject it, then they did have a chance and now it's on them. However, they will get another chance. That is the other loophole. When Jesus comes a second time.

All the Muslims and Jews and non-believers will get 'Left Behind' and have another shot.
I believe that the Abrahamic religions (Jewish, Christian and Islamic) has misunderstood the commission given to it, the scriptures are not about saving individuals from a lake of fire, it is about saving the religious from their beliefs which keep them bound to their corrupted religions. Religion is meant to support the ruling of societies, the kingdom of God is about the earth being ruled in righteousness. The scriptures are prophetic not historical.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:11 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Romans 1: 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,7 in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:12 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I believe that the Abrahamic religions (Jewish, Christian and Islamic) has misunderstood the commission given to it, the scriptures are not about saving individuals from a lake of fire, it is about saving the religious from their beliefs which keep them bound to their corrupted religions. Religion is meant to support the ruling of societies, the kingdom of God is about the earth being ruled in righteousness. The scriptures are prophetic not historical.
Jews are not concerned with Lakes of Fire. My understanding is their covenant with God,to keep his law, is in exchange for divine protection while on earth.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Romans 1: 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,7 in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Balderdash.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:44 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Who do you think Paul is speaking of, those without excuse?

Are you imagining that Paul is speaking of the current Jews in his day?

When Paul speaks about the house of Israel being destroyed and comparing them to the Egyptians being appointed for destruction, do you think he is speaking of current Jews in his day?

Paul was not a Jew, his people were never Jewish but his people were wiped out for the sins of Romans 1.

Paul is explaining why God wiped his people out for disbelief and what resulted from their appointed death.

Paul is one of 7000 non Jews living amongst Jews as a Jew who accepted the worship system of God and he is explaining how the disbelief of his people made a void in Israel allowing Gentiles to do as he had done by being adopted, he was not a Jew, he was a person truly grafted and adopted into Judah, but he was of Israel, NOT JUDAH.

Paul then invites all Gentiles to come and join Jews under the promise of Isaiah, under the promise of Hosea saying,'' NOT MY PEOPLE BECOME THE SONS OF THE LIVING GOD.''

Paul says,'' EVEN US, NOT OF THE JEW ONLY.''

EVEN US GENTILES OF THE LOST TEN TRIBES CAN JOIN JEWS IN A MARRIAGE.

Paul was the perfect example of a Gentile grafted and adopted into Judah, the house of Israel and it's ten tribes were never Jews.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 12-03-2018 at 11:15 PM..

Old 12-03-2018, 11:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
So, you believe this is speaking about everyone but you?

Old 12-03-2018, 11:48 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, you believe this is speaking about everyone but you?
For sure, what is said of the kingdom of Ephraim and it's ten lost tribes is said of the right eye and right hand and what is said of Judah is about the left eye and the left hand, and these are flesh and spirit, kingdom against kingdom, and what is said of Jerusalem is said of the soul who chooses to which king and kingdom he follows.

Ephraim and Judah but one day there shall be only one kingdom, and there shall be no more Ephraim, and everytime a Gentile dies to himself, 7000 men die in an earthquake.

The kingdoms of Israel only exist to show us what we are, O Jerusalem.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Good post. I agree with much of what you said here. The concept of hell and eternal punishment just doesn't make sense. There is no reason why God would just keep people locked up in torment forever. It serves no purpose. God's desire is to wipe out all evil and sin for good from all existence. So people who choose to reject God and follow the path of sin will be wiped out. I don't believe that God is going to give people some kind of pseudo physical body that can experience the pain of fire but not burn up to ash, forever and forever. And it would have to be some kind of physical body because of the verses that talks about weeping and gnashing of teeth. Also, Matthew 10:28 says God will destroy both body and soul. That's good enough for me to not believe in a literal unending hell.
It says no such thing, but it does show your inability to comprehend.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I know what they did to the Native Americans, it's not all peaches and cream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Yes, the state used them but why throw the baby out with the bath water. They were taught to stop doing human sacrifices and about Jesus. Many converted.
Wait don't sacrifice any more human beings - we have a man-god to sacrifice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity