Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:44 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,719,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
..and Meerkat...I agree. I stand by what I said. But I didn't handle it correctly...I didn't react in love, and I should have just clicked on the little red "X" before I sent it, and I regret now not having done that.
The Holy Spirit is cleansing me as I learn the true meaning of love...and it will be painful, but I'll make it right.
I never felt hate...just rage at what Satan was doing to this forum...I don't think I've had a worse week as this one has been. I'm sorry.
Verna - We are all human and all need the Holy Spirits help.

B57 thinks everyone is deceived who does not believe as he believes - but I think that is part of being human. Nobody thinks they are deceived, its always the "other" person.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:00 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,666,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Verna - We are all human and all need the Holy Spirits help.

B57 thinks everyone is deceived who does not believe as he believes - but I think that is part of being human. Nobody thinks they are deceived, its always the "other" person.
Thank you meerkat for your understanding. I've learned a lot about myself...the Holy Spirit has shown me things that need improving...I'm sure there's more where that came from......but we'll lick 'em all one at a time!!!...

Old 07-18-2009, 02:21 AM

11,902 posts, read 3,719,472 times
Verna,

Me too, it can be painful. Yep - tackle each one as they come up

I can see that you do have a lot of love for people, and that is what we are instructed to build upon. Sometimes we need to be understanding about other peoples perspectives and realise that we do not have all the truth.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:24 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,623,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
The Holy Spirit is cleansing me as I learn the true meaning of love...
BINGO!!!
I'm surprised no one has brought up this passage (or maybe I missed it if they did)

Matt 22:37
Jesus said to him, ""You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." (NKJV)

Only to the degree that we are walking in agape love are we fulfilling God's word and keeping ANY of the commandments from the heart.

So no, none of us keep the 'commandment' but by God's grace we are hopefully moving closer to perfection (full stature) every day.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:30 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,801 times
This whole forum topic was an error from the start.

I believe it is very bad form to put another forum member's name in the title of a topic without first seeking their permission.
To just slap someone's name on it makes this thing a personal attack.

The person who started this topic was not only seeking to debate an idea, they were seeking to make someone look bad.
To attack them openly.
To get others to gang up on the other person.
To start a mob...

Well, correct deep thinking and adult debate cant be born of people who seek such things.

The finding I come to when I have looked at this topic is that it almost seems started by a 13 year old child in an effort to get even with someone who hurt their feelings.
(Not the type of adult behavior I would expect given the maturity of most everyone else on this forum)

While I see that the person named in the title of this topic can clearly handle themselves well in a debate, still I think it is mighty unfair of so many to gang up on one person the way this topic has went down hill.

If I were a MOD I would have locked this topic long ago...

Old 07-18-2009, 11:49 AM

988 posts, read 1,904,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
This whole forum topic was an error from the start.

I believe it is very bad form to put another forum member's name in the title of a topic without first seeking their permission.
To just slap someone's name on it makes this thing a personal attack.

The person who started this topic was not only seeking to debate an idea, they were seeking to make someone look bad.
To attack them openly.
To get others to gang up on the other person.
To start a mob...

Well, correct deep thinking and adult debate cant be born of people who seek such things.

The finding I come to when I have looked at this topic is that it almost seems started by a 13 year old child in an effort to get even with someone who hurt their feelings.
(Not the type of adult behavior I would expect given the maturity of most everyone else on this forum)

While I see that the person named in the title of this topic can clearly handle themselves well in a debate, still I think it is mighty unfair of so many to gang up on one person the way this topic has went down hill.

If I were a MOD I would have locked this topic long ago...

What we have here is a case of the pot calling the kettle black -

Correct me if I am wrong - but this entire post is a personal attack!

HK

"Can you say hypocrisy boys and girls?"

Old 07-18-2009, 12:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,666,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
What we have here is a case of the pot calling the kettle black -

Correct me if I am wrong - but this entire post is a personal attack!

HK

"Can you say hypocrisy boys and girls?"
Thank you Harold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity