Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 04:44 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,591,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
One of the great problems today is that the simplicity of CHRIST has become obscured to many by the complicity of the human/carnal mind.
That can work both ways

Old 07-15-2009, 04:51 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,212,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
1John 3:3 And all who have this eager expectation will keep themselves pure, just as He is pure.
Just tinkering before I leave, but I think the translation you use of this verse shows a fundamental difference between what motivates us to believe the way we do.

The KJV of the verse actually reads:

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Where is the difference? I believe it's the "hope" or Christ's life in that man that purifies him (or keeps him pure). You may well struggle unto blood against sin, but that struggle should be temporary in a Christian's life.

There needs to be place of rest for the child of God, and it's found in the person of Christ. As His life increases, we lean on our strength less and less; as He grows within us, that New Man becomes our "will, to do of His good pleasure" (Phil 2:13). To struggle with sin is the old man's burden, as he is led to the Savior - as has been said - but it's also a good way for the carnal mind to stay active if we continue to bow to the schoolmaster.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:42 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,798,187 times
No one is "saved" by keeping the ten commandments. We are saved by grace, through faith.

That doesn't mean we should not keep them. Most rational people can discern the difference there.....

We cannot "do" anything to be saved, but we must believe that Jesus Christ is, who He said He is, and we believe in the power of His blood, the blood He shed on the cross.

We love Him, because He first loved us. And we seek communion with Him, we seek to please Him, because there is a relationship there - NOT a list or "rules" one must obey, to be saved.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:59 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,798,187 times
Quote:
Why is it that so many think that they can not keep the 10 commandments?
How do you know, what other people think?

People think all sort of different things. There are people that think you won't go to heaven, if you are female and wear pants. So what? That doesn't make it true. This is America. Last time I looked, we still had the freedom to believe whatever we want, or whatever we believe.

People argue over scripture all the time, they have for years and they will, until Jesus comes back. But He said that His sheep know His voice, and follow Him. There is a relationship there.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:56 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,396,279 times
Quote:
...and I'm here to tell you all that I DO keep the 10 commandments...I am not deceived...and I am born-again!
lol..your decieved as can be..

Old 07-17-2009, 05:00 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,111,770 times
Beloved, first thing I have to say is that the person who started this topic and gave it this title Has to be a silly person.

Silly, like a silly little child is silly.

I can not believe an adult would start a topic like this one, and title it in the manner it is titled.
I know if someone were to list my name in a title in such a manner I would be totally insulted by this type of thing.

Now as to the topic of keeping the Law?
I really dont care what a person thinks they keep.
If some silly girl thinks she can keep the Law?...fine, good for you dear.

But as keeping the Law is a bit pointless , I really think the matter is moot.
Keeping the Law never saved anyone from Hell's fire.
However thinking that their own ability to keep the Law good enough to be saved Has ended up sending lots of people straight to Hell.

Thus while I think that keeping a Law is pointless and in fact makes a person less likely to become a Christian, I just dont care that much about the moot topic to post a comment to the OP.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:46 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,409,720 times
Verna...beloved says that everyone here is deceived! The only one I really see that agrees with him is Alan Molstad. They bring no message of anything good. I don't understand how they can say that Jesus was crucified only for those who were already picked out by god! I'm not even a christian and I can see that is crazy.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
I don't understand how they can say that Jesus was crucified only for those who were already picked out by god! I'm not even a christian and I can see that is crazy.
At least you admit that your not a believer in God and Jesus christ, that explains your unbelief..and rejection of Truth..

Old 07-17-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Beloved, first thing I have to say is that the person who started this topic and gave it this title Has to be a silly person.

Silly, like a silly little child is silly.

I can not believe an adult would start a topic like this one, and title it in the manner it is titled.
I know if someone were to list my name in a title in such a manner I would be totally insulted by this type of thing.

Now as to the topic of keeping the Law?
I really dont care what a person thinks they keep.
If some silly girl thinks she can keep the Law?...fine, good for you dear.

But as keeping the Law is a bit pointless , I really think the matter is moot.
Keeping the Law never saved anyone from Hell's fire.
However thinking that their own ability to keep the Law good enough to be saved Has ended up sending lots of people straight to Hell.

Thus while I think that keeping a Law is pointless and in fact makes a person less likely to become a Christian, I just dont care that much about the moot topic to post a comment to the OP.
Anyone thinking they Keep Gods Law is decieved above many..

Now I keep Gods Law by imputation..What I mean by that, is that the Lord Jesus christ, in behalf of all those given to Him of the Father, He was born under the Law, kept all of its Thrice Holy Precepts, [For His People] and He also endured Gods Just Wrath on their behalf, for their sins the committed against Gods Law..

Now eveyone for whom this is done for [ not the seed of the devil] God counts them as righteous and credits them with wholly keeping His Law as perfectly as Jesus christ did, because Jesus did it for them..

Hence paul writes:

phil 3:

9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that [imputed righteousness] which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Again rom 10:

4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

So thats how I and whoever else belonging to the True church of God keep Gods commandments, by Faith of Jesus christ..

Old 07-17-2009, 07:13 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,164,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Anyone thinking they Keep Gods Law is decieved above many..

Now I keep Gods Law by imputation..What I mean by that, is that the Lord Jesus christ, in behalf of all those given to Him of the Father, He was born under the Law, kept all of its Thrice Holy Precepts, [For His People] and He also endured Gods Just Wrath on their behalf, for their sins the committed against Gods Law..

Now eveyone for whom this is done for [ not the seed of the devil] God counts them as righteous and credits them with wholly keeping His Law as perfectly as Jesus christ did, because Jesus did it for them..

Hence paul writes:

phil 3:

9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that [imputed righteousness] which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Again rom 10:

4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

So thats how I and whoever else belonging to the True church of God keep Gods commandments, by Faith of Jesus christ..

And you say I am deceived. Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity