Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 08:19 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,929,475 times

Advertisements

I sometimes get confused on this matter. I am not a heavy church goer, but I am a Christian. I pray for simple things, and give thanks for everything. I was currently in a situation which I prayed on it... my prayers have been answered and I am thankful (so much I can't even put into words). Now I am in another situation. It’s not major, but I feel as though if I pray about it... I will be begging. (Sounds weird). I think that there are people out here in need for a real blessing from God... and I am here praying for something [material] (I can't find another word to describe it). I am just wondering, would I be doing the wrong thing by praying? It's really been bugging me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 09:25 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Philippians 4:6 "Don't worry about anything, but pray about EVERYTHING. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus".

If it matter to us, it matters to God, not matter how small it is.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:58 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Shaylove, your humbleness before God is beautiful, and His desire is for you to depend on Him.. Pray (talk) to Him as you would a trusted friend..He already knows your needs, but still wants you to communicate with him..and to trust that He listens..

Yes I agree we are all in need of a blessing from God and He will supply what we need if it is His will..Your needs are as important to Him as others are

Old 08-11-2009, 07:58 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,929,475 times
Thank you both for answering me. I really needed it. I will continue my conversation with HIM and hope he sees me through.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:07 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayLove View Post
I sometimes get confused on this matter. I am not a heavy church goer, but I am a Christian. I pray for simple things, and give thanks for everything. I was currently in a situation which I prayed on it... my prayers have been answered and I am thankful (so much I can't even put into words). Now I am in another situation. It’s not major, but I feel as though if I pray about it... I will be begging. (Sounds weird). I think that there are people out here in need for a real blessing from God... and I am here praying for something [material] (I can't find another word to describe it). I am just wondering, would I be doing the wrong thing by praying? It's really been bugging me.

Prayer is always good, where people go astray is from being taught to always expect what you prefer and that you will get what you prefer if your good enough to God.

Jesus was willing to accept Gods will, but Jesus prayed harder than anyone has ever prayed to get what he preferred. Jesus did not want to be crucified, according to the logic of some teachings Jesus did not believe enough for what he preferred and therefor did not receive. Some people that want to twist their false teachings on prayer will say that what Jesus "really" wanted was to be crucified because it was the will of God. But that contradicts the nature in which Jesus prayed. You do not pray in earnest to avoid something if that's what you really want. You can accept the will of the Father and not be overjoyed that you are now going to be tortured for that acceptance.

This proves that it is not wrong to pray for anything and everything that you want, it also proves that we do not always get what we want. It proves yet another thing, that not getting what we want has nothing to do with how much we do or don't believe or how pleasing we are to God or whether it is right or wrong to pray for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity