Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,052 times

Advertisements

The bible is very clear, if a Christian woman marries a non Christian husband, she is NOT to walk away from that marriage!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 05:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The bible is very clear, if a Christian woman marries a non Christian husband, she is NOT to walk away from that marriage!!!!
Alan why would anyone especially a christian woman even contemplate walking away from an unbelieving husband, if she is being abused then this is an entirely different matter and unless you have walked in the shoes of the abused you have no right to comment and pass judgement unless you can do so in the Spirit.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:15 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,505,098 times
Alan, what do you consider spousal abuse? Is belittling abuse, is slapping now and then abuse, is withholding money, friends, a car abuse? Is beating a spouse leaving marks and broken bones abuse?

Is holding a gun, knife or nearly choking a mother to death with a phone cord while he forces the two little boys to watch abuse?
How bout throwing his baby out of the car as the mother screams in agony, because he just kicked her so hard in her pregnant stomach? How bout if the wife's mother is struggling to get the baby from the husband and is being kicked with hard toed boots? These all happened to my daughter, by a man who claimed to be christian
She finally got a divorce..I saw to it that he went to jail, because she wouldn't..He spent one year, because what started the fight in the first place was hat he had beat the 1 year old baby while the mother was at the Drs office.

My point is you cannot hold the bible over the head of a woman whose life and that of her children is in danger..and say God demands she stay married or never is allowed to find happiness with another man..

My daughter and hundreds of thousands of women in this country face this everyday..They deserve a good marriage later on with a good man if they ever find one..My daughter is remarried, her children are happy now and well adjusted...all go to Church..My daughter had nothing to be sorry and repent about except that it took her 10 years to get out..

When a woman finally gets out of these situations, she does not deserve to be abused again with having to go through the rest of her life alone without the love and support of a good husband.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:17 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,142,266 times
It seems to me that Alan is somewhat hiding behind his Bible and not sympathizing or having compassion for what can really go on in marriage. Is not that part of being Christlike? Christ obviously wanted us to be happy and have joy.....do you really believe he'd want us to stay in a relationship where one was so miserable and beaten down and possibly putting their life in danger everyday not to mention their children? A Christian women may have an obligation to stay in her marriage but she also has an obligation to her kids? Remember the little scripture that talks about how if you offened a little child it'd be better that a milestone be hung around your neck??

Old 08-26-2009, 07:24 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Yes, the bible is clear, and the bible is very clear when it says you walk outside of God's will and do your own danger, you are taking on your own responsibility when you do that.

Yes, a christian women can marry a non christian man, but God is very clear to not be unequally yoked to anyone. So, if someone does marry someone who is unequallly yoked they are not being obedient to God. Point blank, and you said it yourself, the bible is very clear on that.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:44 AM

It's amazing how we try and trap people by the written word .

21 Jesus answered and said to them, “I did one work, and you all marvel. 22 Moses therefore gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath. 23 If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the law of Moses should not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made a man completely well on the Sabbath? 24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

The written word tells us to "study to show yourselves approved of God" , when will we begin to apply this to ourselves rather than studying to show who is and who isn't approved of God.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:42 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I would never want a women to stay in an abusive relationship, but my questions is this, did she marry a man that God didn't put her with.

Often times people get married to people that God never put them with and they find out that person was never meant to be their mate.

I firmly believe that if you wait on the Lord He will bring the person that He wants you to be with, and that person want hurt or beat you. That is my opinion.

But I often see women or men who marry people who they want and not what God intended for them, and in return you see how bad their relationship is.

Don't get me wrong God can bring someone in your life that is not perfect, but if God brings them to you, I just don't believe that person will beat or harm you. You may argue and disagree, but things will play out.

That is why God says to not be unequally yoked.

My cousin has married 3 men who have beat her and her children. God never told her to marry those men. So, her marrying abusive men was her fault, and not Gods, because she married men that God never intended for her to marry. If she had just waited on the Lord, but people don't like to wait, and often step into danger.

When a women marries a man, God wants that women to submit to her husband. So, if a women marries an abusive husband, that is what she wanted to do, and she places herself under the covering of an abusive man. That is her fault and not God. So, when the man starts to beat on her, she is the one that agreed to marry Him.

If a women marries a serial killer, she is placing herself under the covering of that man. So, you see if you marry outside of God's will, the person is responsible for what they are getting themselves into, not God.

I am not saying that I am for divorce, but if a person marries a person who God never intended for them to marry, then life is going to be horrible, especially if the person is being beat.

Lets just say that I marry David who has anger issues, a control freak, and beats women. If I marry David when God never told me to marry Him, I am marring a man that is crazy, angry and abusive. Now, should I stay with Him for the rest of my life due to my disobedience. Well, the answer would be yes, if I want to be beat to death and the answer would be no, if I repent and tell God how sorry I am for stepping out of His will. It is better to repent and turn back to God, then to stay in your mess, and some women have gotten themselves in a messy situation due to them making the wrong decisions and doing things their way.

Yep, that's what I was saying the other day

When we selfishly plunge ahead to do what WE want to do and never bother to give God his place in our lives and in our decisions, we often marry the wrong person - among many other bad choices.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yep, that's what I was saying the other day

When we selfishly plunge ahead to do what WE want to do and never bother to give God his place in our lives and in our decisions, we often marry the wrong person - among many other bad choices.
Yes which we are all guilty of , making bad choices that is.

So many of us use the written word how Peter swung the sword in Gethsemane.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:09 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes which we are all guilty of , making bad choices that is.

So many of us use the written word how Peter swung the sword in Gethsemane.
The truly "Good News" is that when we do screw up God is there to offer his grace, mercy, AND FORGIVENESS, no matter what

Last edited by lovesMountains; 08-26-2009 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: misspelling -oops

Old 08-26-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The truly "Good News" is that when we do screw up God is there to offer his grace and mercy, no matter what
Father like He tends and spares us well our feeble frame He knows.

Praise, my soul, the King of heaven;
to his feet thy tribute bring;
ransomed, healed, restored, forgiven,
evermore his praises sing:
Alleluia, alleluia!
Praise the everlasting King.

Praise him for his grace and favor
to our fathers in distress;
praise him still the same for ever,
slow to chide and swift to bless:
Alleluia, alleluia!
Glorious in his faithfulness.

Father-like, he tends and spares us;
well our feeble frame he knows;
in his hand he gently bears us,
rescues us from all our foes.
Alleluia, alleluia!
Widely yet his mercy flows.

Angels, help us to adore him;
ye behold him face to face;
sun and moon, bow down before him,
dwellers all in time and space.
Alleluia, alleluia!
Praise with us the God of grace

Oremus Hymnal: Praise, my soul, the King of heaven
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity