Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 05:40 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Jesus means what He says, all will not come to Jesus. But universalists insist on staying in there safe thinking, that all, sorry, some who are sent to hell will be brought into heaven. Of course there isn't any scripture that supports that lie.
Amen.....Miss Shawn!

Blessings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 05:45 PM

723 posts, read 1,045,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
speaks for itself my friends....

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

the 'all' in this scripture in both cases is the the whole human race, the only exceptions obviously being, Adam and JESUS.

Parallel sentence.

1 Corinthians 15:22 (Young's Literal Translation)

22for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive,
I need to see more verses throughout the Bible that support your THEORY!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 09-04-2009, 06:46 PM

51 posts, read 89,304 times
Shawn, that is gross misinterpretation of scripture. All that verse is saying is that, by man, death was ushered into the world, and by Man, eternal life was ushered in. It is offered to all, and all will be resurrected from death (brought to life) to stand before the Judge.
Act 24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

However, not all will be resurrected unto eternal life.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:58 PM

193 posts, read 289,202 times
the All relating to Adam is the same All relating back to Christ in that sentence. It's a parallel sentence. And a flimsy mainline exegesis will not change what that sentence means.

1 Timothy 4:10 (Young's Literal Translation)

10for for this we both labour and are reproached, because we hope on the living God, who is Saviour of all men -- especially of those believing.

'If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto Me'

"Who will have all men to be saved, and come unto the knowledge of the truth."

"He gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he, by the grace of God, should taste death for every man."

"we have heard Him ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world."

"We have seen, and do testify, that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

"And He shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you, whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets, since the world began."

"a name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Old 09-04-2009, 08:31 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,376,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
MATTHEW 5:20 For I say unto you, except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, YE SHALL IN NO CASE ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

You shall in NO case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

MATTHEW 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, NEITHER WILL YOUR FATHER FORGIVE YOUR TRESPASSES.

Your Father will NOT FORGIVE your trespasses.

MATTHEW 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and FEW be there that FIND IT.

FEW will find the narrow way that leads to life. NOT ALL!!

MATTHEW 7:21 NOT every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

ONLY he that does the will of the Father shall enter the kingdom of heaven.

MATTHEW 18:3 Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall NOT enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Unless you are converted from sins as like a little child, YOU SHALL NOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

MATTHEW 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for MANY.

Jesus gave his life as a ransom forMANY. NOT ALL

JOHN 3:3 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he CANNOT see the kingdom of God.

If a man is not born again he CANNOT see the kingdom of God.

JOHN 3:5 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he CANNOT enter into the kingdom of God.

Why would Jesus proclaim that so many people will not enter into heaven??? Yet universalists say that they are all saved!!!

Either Jesus is a liar, or universalists are ALL wrong!!!
I prefer to think it's the latter.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
AMEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen....!
I'm sticking with Jesus!! The latter is man's theory of what Christ proclaimed!!
But keep enduring..... posting the "TRUTH" of Gods precious word. You just never know what the Holy Spirit is doing and whom He is leading and has prepared to read your post!!!

Blessings
Double AMEN!!! I'm sticking with Jesus too He is truth!!

Quote:
Jesus means what He says, all will not come to Jesus. But universalists insist on staying in there safe thinking, that all, sorry, some who are sent to hell will be brought into heaven. Of course there isn't any scripture that supports that lie.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
the All relating to Adam is the same All relating back to Christ in that sentence. It's a parallel sentence. And a flimsy mainline exegesis will not change what that sentence means.

1 Timothy 4:10 (Young's Literal Translation)

10for for this we both labour and are reproached, because we hope on the living God, who is Saviour of all men -- especially of those believing.

'If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto Me'

"Who will have all men to be saved, and come unto the knowledge of the truth."

"He gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he, by the grace of God, should taste death for every man."

"we have heard Him ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world."

"We have seen, and do testify, that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

"And He shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you, whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets, since the world began."

"a name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
So basically these verses are YOUR proof that Jesus is a liar!!!
And I know those are not your exact words, but according to the verses I originally posted; Wouldn't he have to be??? I thought Jesus was supposed to be the one in which we base our faith??? Good luck with that!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 09-04-2009, 08:42 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,525,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
MATTHEW 5:20 For I say unto you, except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, YE SHALL IN NO CASE ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

You shall in NO case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
this is why new covenant... don't follow the Law as in Moses' day... follow instead the 2 commandments.... Matt. 22 ... Love is the subject. This only says that God doesn't care about the 10 commandments only the 2....

Quote:
MATTHEW 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, NEITHER WILL YOUR FATHER FORGIVE YOUR TRESPASSES.

Your Father will NOT FORGIVE your trespasses.
In the sense that the conscience is not satiated Hebrews 9:9

Quote:
MATTHEW 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and FEW be there that FIND IT.

FEW will find the narrow way that leads to life. NOT ALL!!
leads to life.... life as in the living.... this has nothing to do with saved after death...

Quote:
MATTHEW 7:21 NOT every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

ONLY he that does the will of the Father shall enter the kingdom of heaven.
He is talking of the fall of Jerusalem... bear good fruit reap good fruit... again IN THIS LIFETIME not in death.

Quote:
MATTHEW 18:3 Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall NOT enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Unless you are converted from sins as like a little child, YOU SHALL NOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.
I don't think you understand what the "kingdom of heaven" is.... the Kingdom of the United States does not mean you are in the USA... Maybe you are military stationed in Iraq... anyway you are a citizen not necessarily in the actual place.
I asked my 9 year old if she thought there was a "hell"... and described to her (who had never been taught about it) that it was a fiery place where God sends you when you are bad... She said... that doesn't sound like God... From the mouths of babes!

Quote:
MATTHEW 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for MANY.

Jesus gave his life as a ransom forMANY. NOT ALL
Some don't need His ransom to see that there are better ways to live... The nation of Israel sure did... but even then they refused to believe. Which of course is why they perished in 70AD. Still no mention of saved...

Quote:
JOHN 3:3 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he CANNOT see the kingdom of God.

If a man is not born again he CANNOT see the kingdom of God.
John 9:39.... Jesus talked of seeing as in the mind not the eyes, unless of course He healed a blind man

Quote:
JOHN 3:5 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he CANNOT enter into the kingdom of God.

Why would Jesus proclaim that so many people will not enter into heaven??? Yet universalists say that they are all saved!!!

Either Jesus is a liar, or universalists are ALL wrong!!!
I prefer to think it's the latter.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Unfortunately you are not seeing your error... these are references to the "kingdom of" heaven...(or God...) which is on earth. And all these references are to those who still live. I believe most people think of heaven as an after-death kinda thing.

Good try tho... Jesus was no liar and universalists are still on the right track. No matter how hard you try you cannot make Christ's sacrifice for naught, as would be the case if all were not saved. IMHO
2 Cr 10:7 You are looking only on the surface of things. If anyone is confident that he belongs to Christ, he should consider again that we belong to Christ just as much as he.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:42 PM

193 posts, read 289,202 times
I don't believe Jesus is a liar, ....sorry.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:16 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,191 times
Quote:
The lie is presenting a fallacy that truth in scripture only exists if it meets your approval and wording. You will expect a scripture that is specifically worded as you say yet, you will not be able to demonstrate your fallacy with your own beliefs.

It is you that actually remain in your safe thinking because you believe it is dangerous to think differently than you already do.

If I am wrong, then let a scripture stand on it's own without any explanation. By itself it is either true, or by your logic the bible contradicts itself.

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Now rather than believing this scripture, you will have to contextualize it to fit your belief.

Try supporting your beliefs without doing so. I have no such dilemma.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
this is why new covenant... don't follow the Law as in Moses' day... follow instead the 2 commandments.... Matt. 22 ... Love is the subject. This only says that God doesn't care about the 10 commandments only the 2....

In the sense that the conscience is not satiated Hebrews 9:9

leads to life.... life as in the living.... this has nothing to do with saved after death...

He is talking of the fall of Jerusalem... bear good fruit reap good fruit... again IN THIS LIFETIME not in death.

I don't think you understand what the "kingdom of heaven" is.... the Kingdom of the United States does not mean you are in the USA... Maybe you are military stationed in Iraq... anyway you are a citizen not necessarily in the actual place.
I asked my 9 year old if she thought there was a "hell"... and described to her (who had never been taught about it) that it was a fiery place where God sends you when you are bad... She said... that doesn't sound like God... From the mouths of babes!

Some don't need His ransom to see that there are better ways to live... The nation of Israel sure did... but even then they refused to believe. Which of course is why they perished in 70AD. Still no mention of saved...

John 9:39.... Jesus talked of seeing as in the mind not the eyes, unless of course He healed a blind man

Unfortunately you are not seeing your error... these are references to the "kingdom of" heaven...(or God...) which is on earth. And all these references are to those who still live. I believe most people think of heaven as an after-death kinda thing.

Good try tho... Jesus was no liar and universalists are still on the right track. No matter how hard you try you cannot make Christ's sacrifice for naught, as would be the case if all were not saved. IMHO
2 Cr 10:7 You are looking only on the surface of things. If anyone is confident that he belongs to Christ, he should consider again that we belong to Christ just as much as he.
Speaking of a kingdom does not place you there but, if someone said I could not enter into the kingdom of the United States. Then plain and simple I cannot enter the U.S. wether I am in Iraq or Austrailia. If your Idea of the kingdom of heaven is this place, then I shutter to think how you explained hell to your daughter.

We are way past the trillions in earth population so your THEORY is still placing Jesus as a liar. Because believe me we are way past a few living!!! And nowhere in scripture did Jesus state that ALL would be saved.
BTW I never stated that I believe in the place of eternal torture called hell!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity