Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 06:50 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
All in the sense of "any" - there is no man excluded by race, color etc. The same author said:

2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

HK

All: Greek pas
Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 06:57 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Actually it is there, you foolishly look over it. If Jesus says that those who does not do the will of the Father will not enter, then they want enter.
It is a statement of fact, it is assurance that those who enter are worthy. The premise "but all men will not come to Him" is simply false and is not in that scripture.

I do not need that conclusion, that is your conclusion it is not scriptures. If you want to base your beliefs on conclusions that are not written, then go ahead, but do not confuse that for truth. I speak this to anyone, UR, ET, Phone Home, doesn't matter, if your conclusions are not written, NO ONE has the obligation to accept them.

If they DO the will of the Father they enter, you cannot deny that, ever.

You will have to prove that there is someone who will never for all eternity do the will of the father therefor preventing them from entering.

But that idea simply contradicts 1 timothy 2:4, Isaiah 46:10 based upon your explanation.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:57 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,531,736 times
Quote:
Yes, the people are literal and the book of life of the book that God uses and calls the book of life. You asked three questions, and I gave a yes. Is that hard., or should have have said yes, yes, yes.

Where does it say that people are rescued from hell.
So death and hades are physical things that can be thrown?

People are rescued from hell is throughout the bible... death.... saved from death, will not perish, etc.

Hell is relative to your perception of it.. I don't believe in Dante's Inferno...You may, but there we differ.

Again, you are sounding slightly condescending... Not all of my questions could be answered with a yes as in the one I repeated:
Are death and hades physical things (literal) that can be thrown?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:00 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
All in the sense of "any" - there is no man excluded by race, color etc. The same author said:

2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

HK

All: Greek pas
Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole:

That sort can't just as Saul was of that sort, Saul couldn't ever. Paul is a different sort.

It is called conversion.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:00 PM

[quote=Miss Shawn_2828;10626498][quote=pcamps;10626451]
Quote:

Did I say anything about eternal torment, this scripture say that they who in this scripture will not enter into the kingdom. There is no debate, it says if one does not do the will of the Father, they will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. It does not say they can't get in temporary, it say they will not enter.

Take that how you want, but I take it for what it says.

I take it you see something else.

If I do as the scripture says, the will of the Father, then I will not hear depart from me, but if I do not do the will of the Father, then I will hear depart from me, just as you will hear the same if you don't do the will of the Father.

So, what part of will not enter are you seeing and understanding?
So to clarify... you understand "enter into the kingdom of heaven" = "saved", am I correct?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:07 PM

[quote=Miss Shawn_2828;10626838][quote=pcamps;10626689]
Quote:

Know this sounds like someone who play on words and can't understand when someone says that Jesus is the way.

If you don't understand that then you have a problem. Know it sound you are believing a lie based gospel you are believe that is not biblical.
I have no idea what you are trying to say.. Even accounting for typing mistakes, its like gibberish, especially that second sentence. Can you clarify? Or use some kind of punctuation so I can understand what you are trying to say. I want to follow your thoughts...

Old 09-05-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

Repentence is the key word there. Are we repenting, or are we following after the lusts in our own carnal hearts?
Hey if you believe in ET you can just repent again for your "lusts in our carnal hearts" then everything will be ok! The premise of UR is that there is no need to repent over and over, the repentance is written in your hearts so your goal is to improve; not sin, repent, sin, repent. This may be the case with some but the need for URers to fear eternal flames is not there. I like what one poster said... fear of eternal flames does not make a relationship with God.

Quote:
Who has all the correct doctrines? Has anyone ever admitted this? We only know the Truth as it has been given to each one of us.
True! and we are all blind until we see.

Last edited by katjonjj; 09-05-2009 at 07:35 PM..

Old 09-05-2009, 07:20 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
It is a statement of fact, it is assurance that those who enter are worthy. The premise "but all men will not come to Him" is simply false and is not in that scripture.

I do not need that conclusion, that is your conclusion it is not scriptures. If you want to base your beliefs on conclusions that are not written, then go ahead, but do not confuse that for truth. I speak this to anyone, UR, ET, Phone Home, doesn't matter, if your conclusions are not written, NO ONE has the obligation to accept them.

If they DO the will of the Father they enter, you cannot deny that, ever.

You will have to prove that there is someone who will never for all eternity do the will of the father therefor preventing them from entering.

But that idea simply contradicts 1 timothy 2:4, Isaiah 46:10 based upon your explanation.
I already spoke about 1 timothy, and Isaiah says nothing about all mean being saved. It is talking about God doing what He pleases. Of course God can do what He please, meaning anything.

Quote:
Geeze, can you prove that Jesus is going to then go and get those people that He said would never enter. You want even take the scripture for what it is worth.

Can you prove that Isaiah is saying that God is pleasing to bring everyone to Heaven from that verse of Isaiah.

If you are going to want to prove every scripture, you can't over look any as you say are contradictions. It only contradict what you believes.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
It's strange how men take credit for repentence . Romans verse 4

4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:34 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So death and hades are physical things that can be thrown?

People are rescued from hell is throughout the bible... death.... saved from death, will not perish, etc.

Hell is relative to your perception of it.. I don't believe in Dante's Inferno...You may, but there we differ.

Again, you are sounding slightly condescending... Not all of my questions could be answered with a yes as in the one I repeated:
Are death and hades physical things (literal) that can be thrown?
Is Jesus physical ( literally) or is He a spirit, if you can answer that then you have your question? Jesus is a spirit but can He become physical to us. Hell, hades and the such is spiritual, but is that real, physical and or spiritual, and can be thrown, yes, it can.

Can we see it, Yes, if God opens our eyes to it! It is done all the time. God opened many eyes in the bible, sometimes it was spiritual and others it was physical. One even wrestled with a spiritual being that became physical.

So, the spiritual world to you is it real, can it be physical. Well, yes it can. People are dieing all the time from evil. Some can see it, and some can't.

So, as this world passes away, God will throw Hell into the lake of fire. What type of throwing are you thinking about? If God is going to throw something, don't you think He means it literally.

Now this is how I see the word physical - Of or pertaining to nature (as including all created existences, relating to the sciences dealing with matter and energy, involving the body as distinguished from the mind or spirit, Relating to the body, rather than to the mind, the soul, or the feelings.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 09-05-2009 at 07:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity