Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 05:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

[quote=Miss Shawn_2828;10626358][quote=pcamps;10626345]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Yes, God can do all things, and apparently He can send you out of His sight.

Why would he do what?
Send anyone out of His sight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 05:32 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,306,173 times
[quote=pcamps;10626368][quote=Miss Shawn_2828;10626358]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Send anyone out of His sight
It is very clear why He says that He would. My question is do you think that He is lying?

Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

Old 09-05-2009, 05:37 PM

[quote=Miss Shawn_2828;10626400][quote=pcamps;10626368]
Quote:

It is very clear why He says that He would. My question is do you think that He is lying?

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!
Well since when does depart from me mean go into eternal damnation ?.

If you have children would you damn them for not behaving or would you chastise them so they learn from being corrected ?.

Also just supposing your interpretation was true , what makes you sure Jesus will not say to you depart from me you who practised lawlessness ?.

What is the will of my Father in heaven mean to you ? Believing you have all the correct doctrines ?

Old 09-05-2009, 05:42 PM

[quote=pcamps;10626451][quote=Miss Shawn_2828;10626400]
Quote:
Well since when does depart from me mean go into eternal damnation ?.

If you have children would you damn them for not behaving or would you chastise them so they learn from being corrected ?.

Also just supposing your interpretation was true , what makes you sure Jesus will not say to you depart from you who practised lawlessness ?.
Did I say anything about eternal torment, this scripture say that they who in this scripture will not enter into the kingdom. There is no debate, it says if one does not do the will of the Father, they will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. It does not say they can't get in temporary, it say they will not enter.

Take that how you want, but I take it for what it says.

I take it you see something else.

If I do as the scripture says, the will of the Father, then I will not hear depart from me, but if I do not do the will of the Father, then I will hear depart from me, just as you will hear the same if you don't do the will of the Father.

So, what part of will not enter are you seeing and understanding?

Old 09-05-2009, 05:44 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
There is no contradiction.

I will leave you with that, I have better things to do then debate with someone following a lie.

Quote:
to determine (as an active option from subjective impulse; whereas G1014
properly denotes rather a passive acquiescence in objective considerations),
i.e. choose or prefer (literally or figuratively); by implication, to wish, i.e. be
inclined to (sometimes adverbially, gladly); impersonally for the future tense,
to be about to; by Hebraism, to delight in:--desire, be disposed (forward),
intend, list, love, mean, please, have rather, (be) will (have, -ling, - ling(-ly)).

Fair enough, leave me with that, or reply, whatever you prefer is fine with me.

"To wish" is your selection and it fits in context with your premise, so it is reasonable that you choose it. Your premise is not in scripture in post #45 you wrote "but all men will not come to Him".

You say scripture does not have to say something word for word, I think we approach what your saying differently so I have no problems conceding that we can come to conclusions that are not directly written in scripture. However I will NOT concede that we can make those conclusions and contradict.

Your conclusion presents a problem and I believe it to be a contradiction.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

In the end if it is up to God, then what is up to God that he desires he will do, then this is a contradiction "but all men will not come to Him"

So if he is "To wish" that all men be saved and come to the realization of truth and that is up to God to decide the finality of it, then your premise of "but all men will not come to Him" is a contradiction.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:45 PM

[quote=Miss Shawn_2828;10626498][quote=pcamps;10626451]
Quote:

Did I say anything about eternal torment, this scripture say that they who in this scripture will not enter into the kingdom. There is no debate, it says if one does not do the will of the Father, they will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. It does not say they can't get in temporary, it say they will not enter.

Take that how you want, but I take it for what it says.

I take it you see something else.
Well what is the will of my Father in Heaven ? believing or thinking you have all the correct doctrines ?

Old 09-05-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Fair enough, leave me with that, or reply, whatever you prefer is fine with me.

"To wish" is your selection and it fits in context with your premise, so it is reasonable that you choose it. Your premise is not in scripture in post #45 you wrote "but all men will not come to Him".

You say scripture does not have to say something word for word, I think we approach what your saying differently so I have no problems conceding that we can come to conclusions that are not directly written in scripture. However I will NOT concede that we can make those conclusions and contradict.

Your conclusion presents a problem and I believe it to be a contradiction.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

In the end if it is up to God, then what is up to God that he desires he will do, then this is a contradiction "but all men will not come to Him"

So if he is "To wish" that all men be saved and come to the realization of truth and that is up to God to decide the finality of it, then your premise of "but all men will not come to Him" is a contradiction.
I am not picking the word wish, I only looked at the scripture and what it meant. You provided yet another list of words, but didn't not look to see how it was being used in the scripture. I can list words, but what does that really mean?

Old 09-05-2009, 05:51 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
I am not picking the word wish, I only looked at the scripture and what it meant. You provided yet another list of words, but didn't not look to see how it was being used in the scripture. I can list words, but what does that really mean?

You have to pick the word wish or your premise "but all men will not come to Him" fails completely.

I've shown you why it does fail.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:51 PM

[quote=pcamps;10626537][quote=Miss Shawn_2828;10626498]
Quote:
Well what is the will of my Father in Heaven ? believing or thinking you have all the correct doctrines ?
Doing what Jesus says to do! If we do that then we want have to fear Jesus sending us out of His presence.

Jesus says that He is the only way.

I read english and Hebrew and Greek text and rely on the Holy Spirit to guide me.

My thing is we or noone can get past the scripture and what Jesus says for us to do.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You have to pick the word wish or your premise "but all men will not come to Him" fails completely.

I've shown you why it does fail.
I said all men will not come to Jesus and scriptures supports that all men will not come to God.

If that was the case why is Jesus even saying, to some, you refuse to come to me.

And in the end Jesus is sending some out of His presence, why?

If it fails why is Jesus sending as you see in this scripture out of His presence, and saying not to enter the Kingdom?

Quote:
Yes, this is correct, so you take this scripture for what it says, but can't take Matthew 7:21-23 for what it says? How is that? Is it because you don't like what it says?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity