Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 07:41 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,038 times

Advertisements

What does this mean exactly?
Is it biblical, and if so could you share the scripture text to support this?
Is there a difference in applying the blood of Jesus in (prayer /warfare)
and "pleading the blood of Jesus?
Lastly where did this ritual come from?
serious questions and answers only, "not from emotions please
Thanks
God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 07:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
bottom line its a strong religious belief.
this is compounded by the sacrament, concept of drinking blood of christ.
concept of magical properties of blood and sacrifice is common to many religions.
whether applying or pleading end result is the same, using supernatural substance to influence divine intervention.
for my part i dont see it that way at all,
i see the cruxifiction very differently.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:09 PM

[b]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
bottom line its a strong religious belief.
this is compounded by the sacrament, concept of drinking blood of christ.
concept of magical properties of blood and sacrifice is common to many religions.
whether applying or pleading end result is the same, using supernatural substance to influence divine intervention.
for my part i dont see it that way at all,
i see the cruxifiction very differently.
[/B

Interesting,
what I meant was that this is a spoken phrase, not a physical application or ritual of actually drinking blood, but saying these phrases as protection or to nullify, cancel ill to a person.
do you have any scriptures that support the fact that this is similar to conjuring, incantations?

Old 09-06-2009, 08:16 PM

Here is a link that best describes this
Blood of Jesus - How to Plead for Protection and Deliverance

Old 09-07-2009, 05:21 AM

6 posts, read 20,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
What does this mean exactly?
Is it biblical, and if so could you share the scripture text to support this?
Is there a difference in applying the blood of Jesus in (prayer /warfare)
and "pleading the blood of Jesus?
Lastly where did this ritual come from?
serious questions and answers only, "not from emotions please
Thanks
God Bless
Nowhere do the scriptures say to plead the blood of Jesus. None of the Apostles ever did it.. what is recorded anyway.

One must be careful not to use it as a talisman.. or to use it like those who use witchcraft.. or to use manipulation with God. The ONLY time it should ever be done is under the unction or anointing of the Holy Spirit.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:18 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
I read the article and I didn't find any reason to change my mind about a simple, humble sincere prayer for protection for myself and family if it is his will..I still believe hat He knows what we need without our having to perform any rituals or tricks in order for Him to notice us..

Old 09-07-2009, 07:33 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I read the article and I didn't find any reason to change my mind about a simple, humble sincere prayer for protection for myself and family if it is his will..I still believe hat He knows what we need without our having to perform any rituals or tricks in order for Him to notice us..
Amen!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:48 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Here is a link that best describes this
Blood of Jesus - How to Plead for Protection and Deliverance
VERY GOOD Article

I have been through deliverance...twice and YES unforgiveness is the FIRST thing taught to us and it is major with God because in the book of Mark the Lord says if you do not forgive other neither will I forgive you; therefore FORGIVENESS is important, otherwise he would not have said it.

For those who don't believe what YWSjr is saying then explain why we can't do what Mark16:17-18 says.

And these signs will accompany those who believe:

In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands and when they drink deadly poison it wil not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick pepole and they will get well.

Explain why aren't we capable of doing these things? Can anyone explain this? There must be a reason only a few are able to do this. But it does not say only a few beilevers would but all that believe.

And someone is going to say it is "in the name" it states. But we can't even do it in his name either so what is stopping us from being able to do it in either case?????????

I'll be looking for an answer but I doubt I get one....this one will also be skipped over (just like all the other difficult questions on this forum )

Old 09-07-2009, 12:46 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
VERY GOOD Article

I have been through deliverance...twice and YES unforgiveness is the FIRST thing taught to us and it is major with God because in the book of Mark the Lord says if you do not forgive other neither will I forgive you; therefore FORGIVENESS is important, otherwise he would not have said it.

For those who don't believe what YWSjr is saying then explain why we can't do what Mark16:17-18 says.

And these signs will accompany those who believe:

In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands and when they drink deadly poison it wil not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick pepole and they will get well.

Explain why aren't we capable of doing these things? Can anyone explain this? There must be a reason only a few are able to do this. But it does not say only a few beilevers would but all that believe.

And someone is going to say it is "in the name" it states. But we can't even do it in his name either so what is stopping us from being able to do it in either case?????????

I'll be looking for an answer but I doubt I get one....this one will also be skipped over (just like all the other difficult questions on this forum )
Yes, eyewrist, I agree...a very good article. Thank you yhwhshalome for a very good thread and for the link.

Unfortunately though, (as with all other spiritual principles taught in the Bible), not everyone will recieve it...even though it is God's heart that everyone would...even though it is God's will that ALL men would walk in the power of the Holy Spirit...NOT EVERYONE WILL...just watch...
Fortunately however, (just like any other spiritual principle), there will be "...a few that will find it."...even though it is God's will that ALL men would...even though it is God's heart that everyone would hear and believe...NOT EVERYONE WILL...just watch...

I started out copying and pasting a couple of the many powerful verses from Scripture, statements and testimonies the author shared in this article, but I deleted them. Why? Because there will only be mockers...and because there will be those that want to know who will search for themselves...they'll click on the link given, pray for God to open their spiritual eyes to see and understand, and they will go and read every word with an open heart and then come back with heartfelt, earnest questions.

Again, the Holy Spirit will draw those with a heart to want to know God in a very intimate way...

...it is your choice...

...it isn't meant for anyone else to know...and anyone who goes against this teaching, it is obvious they aren't there yet in their spiritual walk with the LORD...and they may never be, there's nothing we can say to help them, all we can do is pray for them.

Praise God for those who are, and pray to God for those who aren't...that they will be.

In Christ's love,
Verna.

I'll post one statement that I thought was one of many very powerful statements made:

[I believe that we are truly heading into end time waters as prophesied in the Bible. Learning how to properly Plead the Blood of Jesus for deliverance and protection is going to be needed by all Christians in order to help keep them out of harms way as things really start to heat up in the years ahead.]

Old 09-07-2009, 02:50 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Yes, eyewrist, I agree...a very good article. Thank you yhwhshalome for a very good thread and for the link.

Unfortunately though, (as with all other spiritual principles taught in the Bible), not everyone will recieve it...even though it is God's heart that everyone would...even though it is God's will that ALL men would walk in the power of the Holy Spirit...NOT EVERYONE WILL...just watch...
Fortunately however, (just like any other spiritual principle), there will be "...a few that will find it."...even though it is God's will that ALL men would...even though it is God's heart that everyone would hear and believe...NOT EVERYONE WILL...just watch...

I started out copying and pasting a couple of the many powerful verses from Scripture, statements and testimonies the author shared in this article, but I deleted them. Why? Because there will only be mockers...and because there will be those that want to know who will search for themselves...they'll click on the link given, pray for God to open their spiritual eyes to see and understand, and they will go and read every word with an open heart and then come back with heartfelt, earnest questions.

Again, the Holy Spirit will draw those with a heart to want to know God in a very intimate way...

...it is your choice...

...it isn't meant for anyone else to know...and anyone who goes against this teaching, it is obvious they aren't there yet in their spiritual walk with the LORD...and they may never be, there's nothing we can say to help them, all we can do is pray for them.

Praise God for those who are, and pray to God for those who aren't...that they will be.

In Christ's love,
Verna.

I'll post one statement that I thought was one of many very powerful statements made:

[I believe that we are truly heading into end time waters as prophesied in the Bible. Learning how to properly Plead the Blood of Jesus for deliverance and protection is going to be needed by all Christians in order to help keep them out of harms way as things really start to heat up in the years ahead.]
You are right Verna. Only a few will find it and have ears to hear and the eyes to see...and they are the ones who desire to go deeper into an intimate relationship with God...sad but true...you're right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity