Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:02 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Pcamps, I hope that statement of "I believe you" means that the light bulb has come on and that God has filled you will more knowledge about His saving power. The key is we are to become CHRISTLike in order to be saved. Jesus said to follow Him - He didn't just say believe in what I did. He wants us to continue to believe and DO what He does.
Actually trettep if you read what i have been saying i never once said just believe , what you are for some reason or not ignoring is all that is of God in our lives comes from and is birthed out of relationship.

What you also fail to understand is God is working in us both to will and to do , He is the author and finisher of our faith,He that began a good work in me will complete it.What part of it's no longer i do you not understand ?

Where are you getting this dead faith concept from what i am saying . What i see from you is a works based salvation disguised by a few out of context scriptures.

You seem enjoy arguing over technicalities (see title of your thread) but miss the bigger picture

Last edited by pcamps; 09-08-2009 at 07:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:48 AM

Finally ttrep

Ignore the messenger and hear the message

OUR fruit is found from our God as to union. The fruit of the branch is directly traceable to the root. Sever the connection, the branch dies, and no fruit is produced. By virtue of our union with Christ we bring forth fruit. Every bunch of grapes have been first in the root, it has passed through the stem, and flowed through the sap vessels, and fashioned itself externally into fruit, but it was first in the stem; so also every good work was first in Christ, and then is brought forth in us. O Christian, prize this precious union to Christ; for it must be the source of all the fruitfulness which thou canst hope to know. If thou wert not joined to Jesus Christ, thou wouldst be a barren bough indeed.
Ourfruit comes from God as to spiritual providence. When the dew-drops fall from heaven, when the cloud looks down from on high, and is about to distil its liquid treasure, when the bright sun swells the berries of the cluster, each heavenly boon may whisper to the tree and say, "From me is thy fruit found." The fruit owes much to the root—that is essential to fruitfulness—but it owes very much also to external influences. How much we owe to God's grace-providence! in which He provides us constantly with quickening, teaching, consolation, strength, or whatever else we want. To this we owe our all of usefulness or virtue.
Our fruit comes from God as to wise husbandry. The gardener's sharp-edged knife promotes the fruitfulness of the tree, by thinning the clusters, and by cutting off superfluous shoots. So is it, Christian, with that pruning which the Lord gives to thee. "My Father is the husbandman. Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away; and every branch that beareth fruit He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit." Since our God is the author of our spiritual graces, let us give to Him all the glory of our salvation.

Meditation for This Morning by C. H. Spurgeon

Old 09-08-2009, 09:30 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Actually trettep if you read what i have been saying i never once said just believe , what you are for some reason or not ignoring is all that is of God in our lives comes from and is birthed out of relationship.

What you also fail to understand is God is working in us both to will and to do , He is the author and finisher of our faith,He that began a good work in me will complete it.What part of it's no longer i do you not understand ?

Where are you getting this dead faith concept from what i am saying . What i see from you is a works based salvation disguised by a few out of context scriptures.

You seem enjoy arguing over technicalities (see title of your thread) but miss the bigger picture
Now it has become clear your ignoring what I have been posting. No sense in posting to him further.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:31 AM

Again, to anyone that wants to know salvation - you must ignore these preachers of dead faith. Flee from their message and do as Christ instructed and FOLLOW Him. When they tell you that works are not required to be saved - RUN AWAY. They are deceiving you.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Again, to anyone that wants to know salvation - you must ignore these preachers of dead faith. Flee from their message and do as Christ instructed and FOLLOW Him. When they tell you that works are not required to be saved - RUN AWAY. They are deceiving you.
You are down right lying to say that i am saying works are a not a result of the believers walk with God.

All you have is doctrine and that is all you are promoting . Knowing Jesus personally is eternal life

Old 09-08-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are down right lying to say that i am saying works are a not a result of the believers walk with God.

All you have is doctrine and that is all you are promoting . Knowing Jesus personally is eternal life
I'm not accusing you of saying that works are not a result of a believers walk (that is a fallacy your presenting as I never said you said such). But you DON'T believe that Works are required to be saved. That is what your argument has been. That is the issue I have against your theology. That is unscriptural to God's Word.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
Now it has become clear your ignoring what I have been posting. No sense in posting to him further.
...now your getting it.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:59 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:

What was the works of the theif on the cross?

Old 09-08-2009, 09:59 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...now your getting it.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I'm not accusing you of saying that works are not a result of a believers walk (that is a fallacy your presenting as I never said you said such). But you DON'T believe that Works are required to be saved. That is what your argument has been. That is the issue I have against your theology. That is unscriptural to God's Word.
Works are not required to be saved . This is totally against the scripture .He is the Author and finisher of our faith. period . Boast in yourself that is fine by me.

What part of thid do you not get

8But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,"[d] that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."[e] 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."[f]

You must live under condemnation . Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity