Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well, If true, then we are all screwed.
Leave it alone Phaze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 11:58 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Ok, so you are Jesus Christ, right?

Do you call yourself the Savior of the World?
I would wrong My Father if I said anything but the Truth. I am. If I would leave it to others to determine if I am wrong then My words would be filled with emptiness. But, I am full of Life that Life is full of the Spirit which gives witness to who I am.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:37 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Leave it alone legoman...stay on topic.
I suppose you are right in that further questioning would be pointless... but the last 2 pages of this thread have been severely wandering into off-topicness. Let me try to bring it back on topic.

God is not wrong because there is an absolute standard of goodness that He follows. Now did He create this absolute standard of goodness, or did it implicitly exist? That is another debate.

So: what is this standard of Goodness? To sum it up, it is LOVE. It is God's essence, therefore God is the standard of goodness (love), therefore God cannot be wrong. Goodness and love inherently includes righteousness. This word "righteousness" also gives us a clue. To be righteous means to do the right thing, not the wrong thing. If God did the wrong thing He would not be righteous.

Now, one cannot call eternal torture "good" nor "loving" under any circumstance, therefore it is easy to see that eternal torture does not follow an absolute standard of goodness. Therefore if God does allow/cause people to be eternally tortured, He is not following the standard of goodness: This "god" would not be righteous and would be wrong.

God is not wrong because He is good. That is how we know He is not wrong. This also logically proves that God cannot allow eternal torture to exist.

That is, unless you believe eternal torture is a good thing. Who here believes eternal torture is good?

Old 09-23-2009, 12:38 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
So in Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

God will do what Jesus asked, but those on his left will not?

Who is uneducated and misinformed? If not you, then who....
If they aren't going to hell, somebody lower on the education than yourself isn't correct in Matthew 25:41

God?,.... Jesus?,..... those on his left?.....Matthew who wrote this?
I can't be one, didn't write it, say it, nor am on his left
To answer your question, you can repeat a bad translation till your blue in the face and ignore the facts presented in order to continue in your false religion, but it doesn't change things. Those in outer darkness at that time will not be tortured for ever, but will merely experience such condemnation for an age ...

There is no such thing as hell, its a pagan myth invented by evil men to threaten the laity. You people take four different words which mean differnet things and put them together and translate them as the same word and say hell is real. Its a lie from the pit of hell ... Pun intended.

Quote:
Who is uneducated and misinformed?
You among many many others ...

Many people are willingly ignorant of the truth because they are full of hate and violence and spiritual greed. The thought of your enemies suffering for eternity thrills you. You can deny it all you want but i know the truth. Your addicted to suffering and condemnation. Many ET'ers are simply bullies. You condemn the whole non-Christian world to eternal tortures only to make yourself look and feel righteous. Like a bully who beats up other people to make himself feel better about his pathetic life. That is how i see fundamentalist and orthodox Christianity and the Muslim faith. They are entirely the same. Full of Violence, condemnation, and elitism. The bible tells us to give thanks for all men, and to love our enemies, and to be good to all men, ESPECIALLY to the house of faith not ONLY to the house of faith. Yet fundies go around telling people they are doomed for ever. That is neither showing love or being good. You act all nice about it when you say it ...

"OH please believe or your going to be tortured forever. I love you right now but when you die if you still don't believe you'll never be loved again by me or my God. God will just cause you to come back to life and torture you forever and we agree it is not only necessary, but for Gods glory. But we really love you right now."

Hypocrites, thieves, bullies, hatemongers, bigots, respecters of men, greedy and violent, self righteous, full of vain imaginings and teachers of cunningly conceived fables ... And you cant even see it ... Blind to boot ... Pathetic creatures who have been deceived and cling to a false God and a false religion. You don't know what spirit Christ is of. Wake up you christian Pharisees ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-23-2009 at 12:49 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 01:13 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Many people are willingly ignorant of the truth because they are full of hate and violence and spiritual greed. The thought of your enemies suffering for eternity thrills you. You can deny it all you want but i know the truth. Your addicted to suffering and condemnation. Many ET'ers are simply bullies. You condemn the whole non-Christian world to eternal tortures only to make yourself look and feel righteous. Like a bully who beats up other people to make himself feel better about his pathetic life. That is how i see fundamentalist and orthodox Christianity and the Muslim faith. They are entirely the same. Full of Violence, condemnation, and elitism.
That is such a Christian attitude, such nice things to say about your brothers and sisters in Christ. "Full of Violence, condemnation, and elitism" sounds like you are full of the same thing judging by this post? Are you a "closet" fundamentalist or orthodox?

Now excuse me as I go home and kick my cat

Old 09-23-2009, 01:17 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
To answer your question, you can repeat a bad translation till your blue in the face and ignore the facts presented in order to continue in your false religion, but it doesn't change things. Those in outer darkness at that time will not be tortured for ever, but will merely experience such condemnation for an age ...

There is no such thing as hell, its a pagan myth invented by evil men to threaten the laity. You people take four different words which mean differnet things and put them together and translate them as the same word and say hell is real. Its a lie from the pit of hell ... Pun intended.

You among many many others ...

Many people are willingly ignorant of the truth because they are full of hate and violence and spiritual greed. The thought of your enemies suffering for eternity thrills you. You can deny it all you want but i know the truth. Your addicted to suffering and condemnation. Many ET'ers are simply bullies. You condemn the whole non-Christian world to eternal tortures only to make yourself look and feel righteous. Like a bully who beats up other people to make himself feel better about his pathetic life. That is how i see fundamentalist and orthodox Christianity and the Muslim faith. They are entirely the same. Full of Violence, condemnation, and elitism. The bible tells us to give thanks for all men, and to love our enemies, and to be good to all men, ESPECIALLY to the house of faith not ONLY to the house of faith. Yet fundies go around telling people they are doomed for ever. That is neither showing love or being good. You act all nice about it when you say it ...

"OH please believe or your going to be tortured forever. I love you right now but when you die if you still don't believe you'll never be loved again by me or my God. God will just cause you to come back to life and torture you forever and we agree it is not only necessary, but for Gods glory. But we really love you right now."

Hypocrites, thieves, bullies, hatemongers, bigots, respecters of men, greedy and violent, self righteous, full of vain imaginings and teachers of cunningly conceived fables ... And you cant even see it ... Blind to boot ... Pathetic creatures who have been deceived and cling to a false God and a false religion. You don't know what spirit Christ is of. Wake up you christian Pharisees ...
OUCH....I know that must have hurt those that believe that way. I'm thanking God that I don't anymore.

I would challenge all who believe in ET to honestly and sincerely study the origins of this belief and how it infilitrated biblical teaching in the first couple of hundred centuries after Christ. If after thoroughly studying it with an open mind you still want to belive this teaching so be it...but if not, we expect an apology.

Seriously folks....I would hope that all Christians no matter what they've been taught would not be so dogmatic until they have thoroughly studied these issues. It's really not that hard to admit you're wrong when you are wrong and if will lift a burden from your shoulders that no one should carry.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:21 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
OUCH....I know that must have hurt those that believe that way. I'm thanking God that I don't anymore.

I would challenge all who believe in ET to honestly and sincerely study the origins of this belief and how it infilitrated biblical teaching in the first couple of hundred centuries after Christ. If after thoroughly studying it with an open mind you still want to belive this teaching so be it...but if not, we expect an apology.

Seriously folks....I would hope that all Christians no matter what they've been taught would not be so dogmatic until they have thoroughly studied these issues. It's really not that hard to admit you're wrong when you are wrong and if will lift a burden from your shoulders that no one should carry.
Actually it proves he is a hypocrite since his post was violent, condeming and elitist, same thing he accused ET's of being.

Doctrine of hell is very important and it is part of our gospel. This is not a non essential.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Actually it proves he is a hypocrite since his post was violent, condeming and elitist, same thing he accused ET's of being.
It's aimed at the spirit and system of the organized church institution and not those who are held captive by it.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:25 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
I say again: who thinks eternal torture is good and not wrong? Come on, don't be shy, lets see a show of hands.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post

This is true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity