Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 06:14 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,801 times

Advertisements

again. all we have is the text to use as our guide.
As such, I cant invent things to add to the story.

The idea that Jesus lied when he said he would raise up his own body is not part of the Bible.

What is part of the bible is that Jesus said he would raise up his own body, and then 3 days after his death he did that very thing.

If the very same dead body was not raised to life, then Jesus lied to us.

If it was a dream?
if it was a vision?
if it was not a real body of real human flesh and bone?
then it was FAKE!

This would make the story of Jesus a big fat lie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 06:23 AM

You see this is the Big Question when it comes to the matter of your faith.

Do you believe that God raised Jesus from the dead?

That is the line between being a believer and being a nonbeliever.

If you look at the story of the resurrection and come to the conclusion that it could not have been the very same body that died?....
Then you are not a Christian.
Its that simple.

However for believers like myself, we look at the story of the resurrection and we find it very believable and trustworthy that the resurrection of the body is true.

We read that before Jesus died he told his men that after 3 days He would raise up his own dead body from the grave.
Then later in the upper room the Disciples saw that same body returned to life, they felt it's skin, put their hands in the marks of the nails, watched him eat some food.
and in this they were able to believe.

Whats stopping you from also believing?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:12 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,440,788 times
"Handle me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bone as you see I have"

For the spirit does NOT have FLESH AND BONE.

So the spirit is not of flesh and bone...the kingdom is not here lo and behold, but it is within you.....first the natural dies and the spirit is raised...the corruptible (human body) and the incorruptible (resurrected body)

Spritual - resurrected - NOT FLESH AND BONE

Old 09-20-2009, 09:37 AM

when you die, your body goes into the ground, and your spirit goes to the Lord.
You are a spirit...and thats it.
No body.....yet.

To be away from the body is to at home with the Lord.

Then in the Resurrection your spirit comes with the Lord and is reunited with your body...except that this body has been changed and is now everlasting.

So you will rise up out of the grave in a spiritual body of everlasting flesh and bone...and rise up off the earth and meet the Lord in the air...(As Jesus did too)

Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,440,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post

Then in the Resurrection your spirit comes with the Lord and is reunited with your body...except that this body has been changed and is now everlasting.
Where does it say that?

Quote:
So you will rise up out of the grave in a spiritual body of everlasting flesh and bone...and rise up off the earth and meet the Lord in the air...(As Jesus did too)
In 1 Thess 4 we observe that the "meeting in the clouds" << the clouds is where Jesus is I compound, is followed by the last trump. Yet we also see in 1 Corithians 15 likewise, but instead, throughout this Paul's letter here to the Corithian church he is comparing the perishable (the human body) to the imperishable (the spiritual body) in that we are raised spiritually. We also see that Jesus was clear that His kingdom was spiritual, and that His body was only flesh and bone after He resurrected from the grave, yet it had not been completed yet, because He had not ascended to the Father yet, as per the account with Mary. "We" meet Christ in the air, collectively from ancient saints to "we".......is this we...a generation 2000+ years in the future, or is it "we", the congreagtion Paul was addressing his letters to?

What happened at the end of the Jewish dispensation?
How much scripture points to the end of the age, when the fulness of the Gentiles is reached. the blessed that see the 1335 days, where the elect's time is cut short, when some of them don't taste death, in which all result in the resurrection of the dead and living?

Hermeneutics I stress again. Audience relelvance. It is arrogant of us to believe that Paul was addressing a 21st Cenutry audience in the matters of the end of the age, time of the end, when it had been pointed out by scholars form every side, that the apostles, Jesus, the OT saints and many more weer talking about the end of the Jewish dispensation.

It is only fellows like Tim Lahaye and Hal Lindsey along with many with the likes of them who seek to fill their pocketbooks with sensational events that have been overwhelmed with scrutiny, but yet gainesd so much popularity in the last 50 years.

Israel is no longer the Israel God chose. The new Jerusalem is you, me and everyone else that "are saved, and shall walk in its light".
Israel and the Jews living in it that don't believe are condemned to hell. The blindness has been lifted and gospel has indeed saved ethnic Jews from around the world since the fall of Jerusalem. Today we call them Messaniac Jews. The fullness of the Getniles is simply one thing.

The time of the apostles and their plight to proclaim the gospel to the world (Roman Empire) so that the seed (the mustard seed) would begin to take root, and in the Gentile world, the gospel filled it, and the one who bore the cross to this effort, Paul, was martyred. Then the end came.

The war beagn in 67 AD and ended in 70 AD.

The 42 months ended, the time(s) ended, the 1260 days ended, and the temple was destroyed. The resurrection of the dead and living.

New Jerusalem, New Heaven, New Earth.

Are you ready to stop waiting and get to work expanding the kingdom and healing the nations?

I am.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:32 AM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
If the very same dead body was not raised to life, then Jesus lied to us.

If it was a dream?
if it was a vision?
if it was not a real body of real human flesh and bone?
then it was FAKE!

This would make the story of Jesus a big fat lie
ONLY if you remain CARNAL-MINDED . . . tied to the physical womb. We are SPIRITUAL beings . . . NOT physical. Cut the physical umbilical cord in your mind and realize the amazing truth of Jesus and the rebirth as SPIRIT . . . "that which is born of flesh is flesh that which is born of spirit is spirit."

Old 09-20-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Where does it say that?

The verse that talks about the dead in Christ rising first, and then we who are still alive will be changed, in the blink of an eye.
This mortal corruptible body will put on an incorruptibility.

(as for the whole rest of your post?..I didnt understand a word of it, sorry)

Old 09-20-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
ONLY if you remain CARNAL-MINDED . . . tied to the physical womb. We are SPIRITUAL beings . . . NOT physical. Cut the physical umbilical cord in your mind and realizeee th amazing truth of Jesus and the rebirth as SPIRIT . . . "that which is born of flesh is flesh that which is born of spirit is spirit."
You watched Star Wars a lot right?
and perhaps some of the old Kung fu with David Carradine?(between bong hits that is)

Old 09-20-2009, 10:44 AM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
You watched Star Wars a lot right?
Alan, put aside your arrogance and ridicule . . . read my explanation of my conversion from 18+ years as an atheist . . . I have encountered the reality of God as spirit (consciousness). I have no need of illusions or guesses or fictions. The love and acceptance was unmistakable and the "knowing" was unambiguous. I have spent the remaining decades trying to understand what I KNOW is the reality . . . not vice versa. Jesus is there and accessible within us . . . believe that and it is wonderfully freeing and comforting.
Quote:
and perhaps some of the old Kung fu with David Carradine?(between bong hits that is)
I am a black belt martial artist and a meditator (over 40+ years) . . . but other than alcohol (which I stopped drinking 30 years ago) . . I have never used a mind-altering drug. You can connect with altered states using shrooms and drugs and technology . . . but you have no conscious control and cannot discern reality from your own subconscious. Disciplined meditation (or devout prayer) is the only way to access this part of reality with sober conscious awareness.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 09-20-2009 at 10:59 AM..

Old 09-20-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Alan, put aside your arrogance and ridicule . . . read my explanation of my conversion from 18+ years as an atheist . . . I have encountered the reality of God as spirit (consciousness). I have no need of illusions or guesses or fictions. The love and acceptance was unmistakable and the "knowing" was unambiguous. I have spent the remaining decades trying to understand what I KNOW is the reality . . . not vice versa. Jesus is there and accessible within us . . . believe that and it is wonderfully freeing and comforting.
yes, I can remember back to the 70s too....."Good pot,man, good pot"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity