Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 07:52 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,571,789 times

Advertisements

Jesus said exactly what he meant, it is clear, to me anyway, no personal or doctrinal interpretation needed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotep View Post
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Did Jesus Mean...

A) Pray to Me (Jesus) to get to God The Father?

OR

B) To Follow Me ( Jesus) and my teachings and have a straight path to God The Father?

Truthful people for God, come forward please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 08:41 PM

20,465 posts, read 12,861,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
They are one called God so why only worship Jesus? What justification do you have to follow one, single him out, when they are all One God. If you truly believe in three is one then shouldn't you worship the One that contains all three? But christians pray to Jesus... Jesus is the man... God is the part of the man you are worshiping so why don't you pray to the One instead of part of the one.

Does that make sense? This has always intrigued me about christianity and specifically about the logic behind the trinity. If God is three in one is he also one in three? can you pray to and worship one and really pray to and worship all three?
I worship God. Jesus is my Savior. The Holy Spirit is my guide. They're all God.

Truly understanding the Trinity is beyond our limited minds.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:45 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Jesus said exactly what he meant, it is clear, to me anyway, no personal or doctrinal interpretation needed..
Christ wanted people to follow him, because in Him is God. I am the Way. I am the Light. No one knows the Father, but the Son. No one comes to the Father, unless the come through the Son.

Because Jesus Christ is God's Son, God wants us to listen and follow Jesus words.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:21 PM

64,085 posts, read 40,364,034 times
Quote:
They are one called God so why only worship Jesus? What justification do you have to follow one, single him out, when they are all One God. If you truly believe in three is one then shouldn't you worship the One that contains all three? But christians pray to Jesus... Jesus is the man... God is the part of the man you are worshiping so why don't you pray to the One instead of part of the one.

Does that make sense? This has always intrigued me about christianity and specifically about the logic behind the trinity. If God is three in one is he also one in three? can you pray to and worship one and really pray to and worship all three?
Jesus is the only human consciousness in direct contact ("resonance") with God the Father . . . i.e., the only part of God that is accessible to humans. ALL human consciousnesses are part of the collective human consciousness . . . that includes Jesus. For ANY human consciousness to reach God it has to "resonate" with Jesus in some significant way. That way is LOVE . . . it is the one way to connect with Jesus and obtain the cover of His grace and perfection to reach God the Father.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:27 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,561,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus is the only human consciousness in direct contact ("resonance") with God the Father . . . i.e., the only part of God that is accessible to humans. ALL human consciousnesses are part of the collective human consciousness . . . that includes Jesus. For ANY human consciousness to reach God it has to "resonate" with Jesus in some significant way. That way is LOVE . . . it is the one way to connect with Jesus and obtain the cover of His grace and perfection to reach God the Father.
Sounds reasonable! I just don't think Jesus needed to be divine. Couldn't he have been the perfect human.. like the perfect sacrifice in the OT was the most perfect animal like Christ is the most perfect human?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:27 PM

61,255 posts, read 87,634,197 times
neither---- he meant if you live like i do ---fidelity to truth--- to some extent you are guna get crucified . most seek a cheering crowd and a crown, but what awaits the faithful is a jeering mob and a bloody cross. does not sound much like jerry falwell does it?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Sounds reasonable! I just don't think Jesus needed to be divine. Couldn't he have been the perfect human.. like the perfect sacrifice in the OT was the most perfect animal like Christ is the most perfect human?
You worry about an unnecessary distinction mired in our carnality and physicality. We are none of us physical beings. We are all spiritual beings "vibrating" at our own energy "frequency." The only correct "frequency" is God's and the only human that possesses that "frequency" is Jesus. Once perfect "resonance" is achieved there is no longer a discernible difference . . . hence the "one and the same." The only way we can be fully spiritual devoid of the body is to die . . . like Jesus. Then our consciousness becomes Spirit . . . as did Jesus's as the Holy Spirit. Since God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are essentially vibrating identically . . . they are "one and the same." We OTOH are nowhere near perfect so we need to attune our "frequency" to Jesus as closely as we can through love . . . there is no other way.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
You worry about an unnecessary distinction mired in our carnality and physicality. We are none of us physical beings. We are all spiritual beings "vibrating" at our own energy "frequency." The only correct "frequency" is God's and the only human that possesses that "frequency" is Jesus. Once perfect "resonance" is achieved there is no longer a discernible difference . . . hence the "one and the same." The only way we can be fully spiritual devoid of the body is to die . . . like Jesus. Then our consciousness becomes Spirit . . . as did Jesus's as the Holy Spirit. Since God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are essentially vibrating identically . . . they are "one and the same." We OTOH are nowhere near perfect so we need to attune our "frequency" to Jesus as closely as we can through love . . . there is no other way.
Ok let me explain it to you in your terms. Jesus "vibrating" as a human to show us how to attain the "frequency" makes sense to me. He doesn't have to possess divinity for that. Can you tell me then why you think it is better for Jesus to be divine as a perfect human "vibration? Shouldn't he be human for that?

Old 09-18-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Ok let me explain it to you in your terms. Jesus "vibrating" as a human to show us how to attain the "frequency" makes sense to me. He doesn't have to possess divinity for that. Can you tell me then why you think it is better for Jesus to be divine as a perfect human "vibration? Shouldn't he be human for that?
We do not disagree, kat . . . only about the significance of it. If Jesus was NOT human (like us) . . . there would be no significance to His achievement of perfection in a human body with all its drives and temptations. We are all "embryo spirits" in the "womb" of a human body . . . so was Jesus. That implies that development must occur . . . even for Jesus . . . since He was 100% human. That does NOT alter the ultimate result of achieving the perfect "resonance" with God consciousness. How could that "identical consciousness" NOT render Him Divine?

Old 09-18-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
We do not disagree, kat . . . only about the significance of it. If Jesus was NOT human (like us) . . . there would be no significance to His achievement of perfection in a human body with all its drives and temptations. We are all "embryo spirits" in the "womb" of a human body . . . so was Jesus. That implies that development must occur . . . even for Jesus . . . since He was 100% human. That does NOT alter the ultimate result of achieving the perfect "resonance" with God consciousness. How could that "identical consciousness" NOT render Him Divine?
Say God wanted us all to act like Christ, have the same frequency but he wanted a human (who doesn't yet have it) to have it. But he needed them to have an instrument to create those specific vibrations. So he promises to give the instrument (the Holy Spirit) through Christ who first carries it. He knows that we cannot reach the frequency (fulfill the law) without the instrument (Holy spirit). So God gives Jesus the instrument in pieces while he grows and matures until he is baptized and then he has the instrument.

Jesus used the instrument to create the vibrations at the right frequency to show us an ordinary human can indeed commune with God this way. We each start to use that instrument if we follow his ways. Jesus does not need to be divine. A piece of God (the holy spirit) is poured out as instruments so that we can reach the holy frequency.

Does that make sense. We agree for the most part I just see it a different way. Animal sacrifices in the OT were a shadow of what was to come and required the most perfect animal but it was still an animal. Jesus is the perfect human sacrifice and thus must be human. Of course a divine person could live sinless... what kind of sacrifice is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity