Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 12:20 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times

Advertisements

(continued from another thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
no one is denying the need for a savior . He is the savior , and your analogy of the good news is a total contradiction to what you really believe .

Because according to your analogy the debt has been paid , so this means there is no longer a debt if it has been paid, right ???.

So why hold someone accountable for their debt if it has been paid ?.

If i have paid my water bill and the water company ask me to pay what has already been paid for , wouldn't you think they were unjust and out of their minds ?. This is how you fundy's portray god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
No one is denying the need for a Savior . HE IS THE SAVIOR , and your analogy of the good news is a total contradiction to what you really believe .

Because according to your analogy the debt HAS been paid , so this means there is no longer a debt if it has been paid, right ???.

So why hold someone accountable for their debt if it has been paid ?.

If i have paid my water bill and the water company ask me to pay what has already been paid for , wouldn't you think they were unjust and out of their minds ?. This is how you Fundy's portray God.
I didn't ask all that. Please answer the question.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Show me from the scriptures where you have to feel,believe or even confess you are guilty .
I have underlined it so you fully understand what i am asking you,especially in reference to "you have to".

Quit with insinuating we have to grovel to God in repentance .

The reason Jesus went to the cross was so we could be rid of the very thing you are trying to pin on us, an "evil guilty conscience"
Why does the bible say to confess AND repent? Confess what, repent of what? why? In the real world ever see an innocent man confess and repent?

Old 10-14-2009, 12:27 PM

Moderator cut: Orphaned

Why must innocent people confess and repent? Why must they believe and worship and say, He is Lord? If you are innocent then the cross is useless?

Last edited by june 7th; 10-14-2009 at 06:40 PM..

Old 10-14-2009, 12:55 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I believe that Christ will receive us any way we come to him, (out of guilt, shame, love, grief. etc) doesn't matter as long as we come..His love will teach us..

As the old hymn says.."Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood was shed for me;
and that thou bidst me come to thee. Oh Lamb of God, I come, I come".

Old 10-14-2009, 01:10 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
I don't believe we have to feel guilty to receive "Christ". The Christ concept is a conscioiusness and not a person. It's the upliftment of the soul and no one needs to feel guilty to become a Christ. To feel guilty is to repent and forgive the self then not do it again. Receiving the Christ consciousness is totally different than repenting or feeling guilty.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Fundy i cannot believe you have trusted the Lord for your Salvation . You have trusted a formula that is not even scriptual . Everything you believes contradicts itself , you cannot understand the basics of confession and repentance .

I have answered you question and you have not answered one of mine , including where does it say we have to confess our sin the moment we believe .

Romans 10 verse 8 says we confess Jesus as Lord and not confess our sin as Lord.Sin is your Lord Fundy because you talk about it and elevate it above confessing Jesus as Lord.

Read my lips repentance does not mean stop sinning , if you were able to stop sinning you are rendering the Cross useless.

Why do you talk about God being glorifed in everything yet you glorify yourself in your own repentance ?

Again i will remind you for the umpteenth time It's God's goodness/kindness that leads/causes us to repent .

So quit with the boasting in your own repentance will you and answer the questions you keep avoiding.

Do you understand that Jesus died for the guilty conscience we all have ?

You are actually embarrasing yourself and yet you keep coming back for more . Like i have advised you burn all your books that have anything to with Calvinism, because they are confusing you and believe the good news.

19Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver

Old 10-14-2009, 01:17 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,341,500 times
Guilty?
Are you kidding?
I"m catholic

Old 10-14-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Fundy i cannot believe you have trusted the Lord for your Salvation . You have trusted a formula that is not even scriptual . Everything you believes contradicts itself , you cannot understand the basics of confession and repentance .

I have answered you question and you have not answered one of mine , including where does it say we have to confess our sin the moment we believe .

Romans 10 verse 8 says we confess Jesus as Lord and not confess our sin as Lord.Sin is your Lord Fundy because you talk about it and elevate it above confessing Jesus as Lord.

Read my lips repentance does not mean stop sinning , if you were able to stop sinning you are rendering the Cross useless.

Why do you talk about God being glorifed in everything yet you glorify yourself in your own repentance ?

Again i will remind you for the umpteenth time It's God's goodness/kindness that leads/causes us to repent .

So quit with the boasting in your own repentance will you and answer the questions you keep avoiding.

Do you understand that Jesus died for the guilty conscience we all have ?

You are actually embarrasing yourself and yet you keep coming back for more . Like i have advised you burn all your books that have anything to with Calvinism, because they are confusing you and believe the good news.

19Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver
Repentance doesn't mean stop sinning who said anything, what does that have to do? whaaaaaat???!!!

Forget it! You have answered nothing but reconstruct the question to fit your answer. You are famous for that. WOW! TO be in your mind

Old 10-14-2009, 02:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Repentance doesn't mean stop sinning who said anything, what does that have to do? whaaaaaat???!!!

Forget it! You have answered nothing but reconstruct the question to fit your answer. You are famous for that. WOW! TO be in your mind
Alright Fundy without referring to John Macarthurs interpretation of repentance tell me what it is ?.

I have addressed confession and repentance it's scriptually based but conflicts with your interpretation and this is why you cannot see that i have addressed your questionm you do not have a basic understanding of confession and repentance unfortunately.

Where is the verse that tells us according to you we confess our sins when we believe ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity