Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 02:33 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,791,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That depends on what she teaches? but she merely has a different methodolgy which I don't agree because I don't see it in scripture. She has great, sincere intentions but she is causing more harm than good.

I am going to start my own ministries, it's called bed ministries, it's for all the people that don't want get out of bed in the mourning to worship the Father, give glory to him and just want to stay in bed....we will bring church right to your bedroom.

Do you like it????
.................................................? ???? Makes no sense.

Quote:

Why is she causing more harm than good? I asked that above and it was conveniently ignored.
That happens quite often when you direct a question to him. He still hasn't answered mine. Think I'll save myself some time, and stop trying to have a reasonable, logical conversation with someone who sounds a little out of it........not sure what is going on with him.......! I assume he is attempting to take the thread off-topic because he cannot form a coherent, logical reply?
I have no idea.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 02:33 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
Scenario #1
Mr./Mrs. John Doe abuses his/her spouse after being under the influence each and every night. He/she stops into this local bar to get their nightly fix. They sat in on, or near the conversation being held at this local saloon. He/she goes home still under the influence and still abuses their spouse.

Question: How did this help?

Rewrite your scenario here: __________________________________________________ __________________________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Old 10-25-2009, 02:34 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Scenario #1
Mr./Mrs. John Doe abuses his/her spouse after being under the influence each and every night. He/she stops into this local bar to get their nightly fix. They sat in on, or near the conversation being held at this local saloon. He/she goes home still under the influence and still abuses their spouse.

Question: How did this help?
Let's look at it from the other perspective. How did it harm he/she by hearing a discussion about God and theology?

Old 10-25-2009, 02:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
To me church is about wherever we gather in the name of God. It is not about a building that we visit on Sunday, it is where we are.

Also I don't use the word Lord, that denotes a God who rules over and punishes people (as in Lord and Master)... when I read the New Testament I read about Christ being all loving and reaching out a hand to those who need a hand up, not reaching out a hand to smack down those who don't agree.

For the Lord relationship to exist Christ would have to be punishing, as in lording over us. Christ does not punish, he accepts and forgives unconditionally.
Amen revrandy

You said when you read the scriptures you read about Christ being all loving and all reaching , after all the scriptures testify of Jesus , John 5 verse 39 and Luke 24 verse 27.

Acts 9 verse 7

The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. This scriptures reminds me of those who see anything but the scriptures testifying to the the heart of God towards His creation.

Last edited by pcamps; 10-25-2009 at 02:43 PM..

Old 10-25-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Let's look at it from the other perspective. How did it harm he/she by hearing a discussion about God and theology?

Who said anything about harming? I distinctly asked: How did it help.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:39 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times
Quote:
To me church is about wherever we gather in the name of God. It is not about a building that we visit on Sunday, it is where we are.

Also I don't use the word Lord, that denotes a God who rules over and punishes people (as in Lord and Master)... when I read the New Testament I read about Christ being all loving and reaching out a hand to those who need a hand up, not reaching out a hand to smack down those who don't agree.

For the Lord relationship to exist Christ would have to be punishing, as in lording over us. Christ does not punish, he accepts and forgives unconditionally.
I have no idea what any of that had to do with what I said. Can we please keep within context....God slapping hand... a church is not a building (I know that. I have gone to many house churches).

Old 10-25-2009, 02:39 PM

Scenario #2
Mr./Mrs. John Doe abuses his/her spouse after church every Sunday, he goes home and drinks. He is under the influence each and every night. He/she continues going to church, yet continues to drink. He/she goes home after church, gets drunk, and still abuses their spouse.

Question: How did going to church help?

Old 10-25-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Scenario #2
Mr./Mrs. John Doe abuses his/her spouse after church every Sunday, he goes home and drinks. He is under the influence each and every night. He/she continues going to church, yet continues to drink. He/she goes home after church, gets drunk, and still abuses their spouse.

Question: How did going to church help?
Stay on topic: That's not going to work with me. Congregation seeks God in Salon.............how did it help?

Old 10-25-2009, 02:46 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I have no idea what any of that had to do with what I said. Can we please keep within context....God slapping hand... a church is not a building (I know that. I have gone to many house churches).
Yet you talk as if the church is a physical place with 4 walls a steeple a pastor and a congregation and a script.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Stay on topic: That's not going to work with me. Congregation seeks God in Salon.............how did it help?
I am on topic, you just don't like what I posted.

How did it help for this woman to go into a saloon with the gospel? I hope you're kidding. Do you really have to ask.....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity