Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 02:48 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yet you talk as if the church is a physical place with 4 walls a steeple a pastor and a congregation and a script.
oh give me a break, that is in your own mind of hoping that is what we mean so we can fall right in the line of sight of your wrong assumptions then easliy dismissing us as religious or pharisees. truely childsplay dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 02:51 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times
Kindof odd to me that on a "Christian" board, people would get all fired up about the gospel being preached to sinners.

On the other hand........I'm not surprised, either. This sort of attitude is what makes it necessary...

Old 10-25-2009, 02:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
oh give me a break, that is in your own mind of straw-mans.
No it's not

What the heckers do you mean by going to church then , where in the scriptures is there anything that remotely says anything about going to church as if it's a physical place ?.

"Strawman", Is that your comeback everytime you are challenged about what you think is scriptually based.

Even forsaking not the assembling of yourselves together is a country mile from what you keep terming as "Going to Church".

So come on, what scripture are you using to back up your term "going to church" ?. You who needs black and white scripture to back everything up .

Last edited by pcamps; 10-25-2009 at 03:05 PM..

Old 10-25-2009, 02:54 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
You used a verse wrong and I corrected you that's all as 2 Timothy 3:16 says
Blue hangs her head in submission and shame, just like she does around her in laws and husband..They take great delight in correcting me, because they have the "truth"...too.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:02 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. (2 Timothy 4:3) Guess what, we're here!

By the way of Jack Daniels, Scotch, or Bourbon? That's sound doctrine? Really? It's a spirit alright, but not one that glories the Lord..............................Final Answer!!

Carry on, if you must.......

Old 10-25-2009, 03:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
It's pretty simple my friend.....Sunday, sabbath etc.... is the Lord's day, Church is for the Lord. Church is not about us. We don't go to Him on our terms but His.
Scriptures please Mr Bible for anything said on this post .

Old 10-25-2009, 05:59 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Dear June

They are bullets of love you know , so we are led to believe
That may be so, but let it suffice to say that in the meantime, June is staying OUT of bars, despite the fact that she's never exactly been drawn to them in the first place!

Old 10-25-2009, 06:21 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
That may be so, but let it suffice to say that in the meantime, June is staying OUT of bars, despite the fact that she's never exactly been drawn to them in the first place!

Fess up, you were seen in a sleazy bar last night.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:08 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,148 times
Quote:
oh give me a break, that is in your own mind of hoping that is what we mean so we can fall right in the line of sight of your wrong assumptions then easliy dismissing us as religious or pharisees. truely childsplay dude.
Well if it is in his own mind, then it is in mine as well. I am still trying to understand how what this Pastor is doing is not church? She is taking the inclusive love of Christ to people. You agree church does not have to be a building so why can't it be a bar? Remember Jesus drank wine - if alcohol is good enough for him, then it's good enough for me and others. In fact I think I will crack a beer soon, my day is almost done.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:09 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

Does that mean a patio is out of the question? I have enjoyed many a cocktail without ever going into the bar and only remaining on their patio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity