Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 12:44 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
I don't see how you think this is funny?
This board never ceases to disappoint and/or amaze me.

Your reaction is an excellent example of why she is going to a bar, to witness for the Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Maybe we should take church to strip clubs as well? afterall Jesus could get naked too?

Maybe you should consult with what scripture says rather than what YOU think is ok. It's not our jobs as Christians to grow a church or make people feel better about church in a non scriptural way, it's our job to preach the truth and then the Holy Spirit can work in the individual. What she is doing is not scriptural. She is taking church to them on their level not God's.

I guess people forgot what Jesus did in the temple? There is no doubt she has good intentions and she is sincere in what she is doing so I chalk this up to spiritual immaturity as she created straw-mans in her answer about Christianity being reduced to a moral code-but isn't she doing the same? She is doing nothing but creating an idol and practicing idolatry and people are being saved at her meetings in spite of her abhorrent teaching.
You said you didn't see anything sinful about smoking or drinking, so what is your objection?

And if people are being saved, like you say.......uh, isn't that the goal?

Old 10-25-2009, 12:49 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
This board never ceases to disappoint and/or amaze me.

Your reaction is an excellent example of why she is going to a bar, to witness for the Lord.
Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner here.

My thinking is it is the holier than thou attitudes and only I know what is right view of the world which turns people away from Christianity.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:58 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,201 times
Quote:

Maybe we should take church to strip clubs as well?

HUH!?

-Thus asks the atheist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist

afterall Jesus could get naked too?

Do you have scripture for that?

P.S. ~Fundamentalist: 'Just June' just couldn't resist that last above-asked question. -She hopes you know that she asked it in the context of light-hearted, 'soft-spot-in-her-heathen-heart' for you, fun!...

Old 10-25-2009, 01:03 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:

I guess people forgot what Jesus did in the temple?

I guess people forgot that Jesus wined and dined with what we in our judgemental minds consider sinners.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:03 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,160,449 times
Tell us John, do you think it's a good idea?

Old 10-25-2009, 01:05 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,201 times
Default "Beer, chicken wings, cigarettes...and CHURCH?"

Upon further inspection, along with well deserved insight and introspection, June can only come to the following conclusion:

June suspects that this chick may be onto something...June has the sense that she, (June) would be that much more vulnerable to undergoing a quite easily induced conversion experience when plied with an over abundance of Budweiser.

As such, June has to thank God that she resides in Massachusetts, and not Wisconsin, whereby June could all too accidentally find herself under the influence of both that woman, and Budweisers! June just feels safer that way.

Not that June -with the exception of the wedding she attended recently in Maine- has found herself in a bar in quite some time...A long time, in fact!

June: Dodging yet another bullet!...

Old 10-25-2009, 01:16 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,505,098 times
"Where two or three are gathered in my name."

I like that verse..says a whole lot about where we can find Him.

I also believe He is able to place the members of His church where they are needed and where they can do the most for Him with the gifts He has given them..

Yep that's one great verse.. Tells me not let the world get in my way of planting seeds..

Old 10-25-2009, 01:29 PM

I don't see anything wrong with someone going into a strip club, to reach out to folks. People need the Lord.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:30 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
"Where two or three are gathered in my name."

I like that verse....
I do to but not for the reasons many think but for the true interpretation of this verse which many dislike and won't practice. That verse is dealing with "church discipline"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity