Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:11 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,791,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
I didn't bother to watch the video, because I'm multitasking.
But you did know that demons are transferable, especially when seeking a empty house, in this case they found one.
check out this scripture
"When an unclean spirit comes out of a man, it passes through parched places in search of a resting-place, and finds none. Then it says, 'I will go back to my house out of which I moved'; and on arriving it finds it unoccupied but swept clean and adorned. Then it goes its way and takes along with it seven different spirits more wicked than itself, and, after getting inside, they dwell there; and the final circumstances of that man become worse than the first. That is how it will be also with this wicked generation". (Matthew 12:43-45 NWT).
There is still a great debate on whether Christians can be posessed by them or not instead of being influenced by them,
This is not a joke, "my people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge"
God Bless
I believe there are demons in the world, but they cannot "possess" a Christian, as we are covered in the blood of Jesus - they flee from that. Satan can put thoughts into a Christian's mind but he cannot read your mind, and he cannot "possess" anyone who has been born again and is washed in the blood........if this lady really thinks she was possessed by a homosexual demon (!), then she probably needs to check herself and make sure she really is a Christian, because demons cannot possess a Christian.

She is clearly confused, to put it mildly........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 12:18 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,747 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
I believe there are demons in the world, but they cannot "possess" a Christian, as we are covered in the blood of Jesus - they flee from that. Satan can put thoughts into a Christian's mind but he cannot read your mind, and he cannot "possess" anyone who has been born again and is washed in the blood........if this lady really thinks she was possessed by a homosexual demon (!), then she probably needs to check herself and make sure she really is a Christian, because demons cannot possess a Christian.

She is clearly confused, to put it mildly........

Pray for her then , that is what we are supposed to do sometimes we need to be reminded by fellow brethren in the faith.
I mistyped what I was trying to say, but thanks for posting to clear it for for me (I'll go back to make the correction)
God Bless You

Old 11-06-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
I didn't bother to watch the video, because I'm multitasking.
But you did know that demons are transferable, especially when seeking a empty house, in this case they found one.
check out this scripture
"When an unclean spirit comes out of a man, it passes through parched places in search of a resting-place, and finds none. Then it says, 'I will go back to my house out of which I moved'; and on arriving it finds it unoccupied but swept clean and adorned. Then it goes its way and takes along with it seven different spirits more wicked than itself, and, after getting inside, they dwell there; and the final circumstances of that man become worse than the first. That is how it will be also with this wicked generation". (Matthew 12:43-45 NWT).
There is still a great debate on whether Christians can be posessed by them or not instead of being influenced by them,
This is not a joke, "my people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge"
God Bless

Correction
is supposed to have read Christians cannot be possessed by demons, instead influenced by them,
Thanks

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 11-06-2009 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: not a tyoer and typed too fast while multitasking..comes with age(LOL)

Old 11-06-2009, 12:26 PM

A Christian can be born again and have spiritual victory over the original Adamic sin that eternally separates mankind from God and still have besetting sins (Hebrews 12:1). Uncontrolled thoughts, resentment, anger, and bitterness are some examples. Salvation must not be confused with sanctification. The Holy Spirit's continuing work of grace is a progressive act of God's desire to draw us closer to Him. Those who, yet saved, resist this scriptural plea (1 Thessalonians 4:3) may find they have harbored demonic pockets of activity from their pre-conversion lives. This message needs a greater emphasis in our churches so that we may set free any of our brothers and sisters in Christ who are suffering the "hangover" of Satan's influence from their former lives of sin.

As kindly as I can say it, those who underestimate what Christians can suffer at the hand of Satan are doing a disservice to the body of Christ. They are consigning sincere Christians to a life of continued demonic influence and causing needless suffering in the lives of those whom the Lord wants to set free. Let no one misunderstand me. A Christian cannot be demonized if by "possession" you mean "ownership." The child of God is owned by the Lord. But I will testify that a Christian can be severely influenced by demons and even be inhabited by them. I will also do all that I can in Jesus' name to see that those who are "heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ" (Romans 8:17) will experience the hope of freedom from demonic bondage.

Written by Bob Larson

Old 11-17-2009, 05:56 PM

110 posts, read 261,762 times
Being gay is not contagious.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:58 AM

9 posts, read 9,480 times
Well, I claim she is a nutcase ... and I'm probably more credible.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:55 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
This poor soul needs to stop bragging on satan, and find herself a man, because she's obviously in dire need of one.........!
Ephesians 6: 10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

There are unclean spirits out there in the world.

Before that morning, I had a dream to stay away from the waters.

I had thought nothing of it, as spotting a pair of burnoculars, I was inspired to take a walk.

I can testify of taking a walk down to the lake which was donw the road about more than a half a mile....where a man had joined me later to talk. This man shared that he had an open marriage. He spoke of his background of where he had lived before as an owner and operator of a nudist beach. He goes on about how some christians were regulars there and at least one preacher was good friend of his, although he has failed to "convert" him. He went on to fish to see if I was coming to the lake to spot naked girls sun bathing in the nude of which I was totally unaware of and there weren't any in view, so I do not know what he was talking about or if he was testing my carnal nature or something.

Anyway, I went on to share some opinions based on observations of man and the world, and there were moments where it was applicable of asking why get married if they were not going to treat it as a marriage. The guy went on to voice his disbeliefs and on the topic of sex, he declared that a man has to deal with it, one way or another as it could not be ignored.

He politely said no to my offer to ask God to reveal Himself to him, and began to work his way upon leaving. I stayed for a little bit longer and then I had left. Upon leaving the entrance of the dirt road which no one else was around during the whole course of our conversation, a scrawny jagged teeth of a knife whose tip was found plunged into the top of a wooden post used to shut and lock the gate of the entrance to the lake where there had been known before. It was safe to assume that the guy had left it there.

I walked back up the road a short distance and found him getting the RV ready for his daughter's visit with her husband in the driveway of his home. Apparently, she did not prefer to stay in that house while visitting her dad. After several polite neighborly exchanges, I left.

That night, a thought was bugging me in my sleep. It was carnal and I was trying to think about something else to go to sleep, but it was persistent: three times. Its temptation was making me mad.

So don't kid yourselves people. I believe the woman. Paul exhorted believers not to company with fornicators... for then we have need to leave out of the world.

I have avoided him since. He prefers the darkness rather than come to the light. Obviously, lust is his master.

Does it mean we cannot reach out to those that are lost? No.

What if it was a believer? Consider the note to fear as in to be cautious.

Jude 1: 21Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

If anyone gives in to temptations coming out of left field like that:

1 John 1: 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Just hope in Jesus for He will overcome it if temptation comes again, and He will guide you in the way you ought to go for He is called the Good Shepherd for a reason, leading you away from temptations and delivering you from the evil one. He is able.

1 John 3:3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

James 4: 7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Jesus Christ is in us so that we, the believers, may stand by His grace for the power in living the christian life is of God and not of us.

1 John 4: 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

2 Corinthians 3:4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

John 6:28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Philippians 1: 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Jude 1:24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:57 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
i dont know about demons. however, behavior is contagious. many young men move to SF straight and leave gay. of course they had a lil help along the way.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:03 AM

981 posts, read 806,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont know about demons. however, behavior is contagious. many young men move to SF straight and leave gay. of course they had a lil help along the way.
Nonsense.

You're either gay, or you're not. Engaging in gay actions does not make one gay, nor does it facilitate a homosexual identity. In the same way, a gay person having heterosexual sex doesn't make them straight.

We need to get rid of these outdated concepts.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:17 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,105,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Nonsense.

You're either gay, or you're not. Engaging in gay actions does not make one gay, nor does it facilitate a homosexual identity. In the same way, a gay person having heterosexual sex doesn't make them straight.

We need to get rid of these outdated concepts.
I dont know man....
Im kinda sure that if I catch you in the middle of having some gay sex, that its okay from then on to consider you "Just a little bit gay"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity