Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:33 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

I don't know how to describe this, but recent things that have happened in my life can only be the work of God. After a long long period of Him being absent in my life, I decided it was time to let Him back in, because He sent me a message. I won't go into the details of it, but, he let His presence be known, and I'm listening. It's a major turn in my life, but I have not had this type of feeling for quite some time. No, it's not like a blast of light has hit me or anything, it's pretty simple actually. I don't have this 'shout it from the mountain' thing going on, it's just ....different. To me, it's like finding something that I've been looking for, and going crazy ripping things apart trying to find it, and having it turn up in my pocket. Make any sense? He is there, there is something more than this life. Oh, we can discuss all the in's and outs of it, till we are blue in the face, but, the way I see it now, you don't have to worry about the why or how of it. You don't have to look for Him. He's right there. In times like these, that's a rather...comforting...feeling. As angry as I have been ,for so long now, all the things I have been through,and all the times I cursed Him for all of it, all I had to do was let him have it all. I didn't need any of it, didn't want it, and blamed Him for it, yet I hung on to all that rage and hurt like it was a rope on a cliff.. All the while, all I had to do was let go. It's an odd thing. So, to all who have had this experience, however He came to you, and for whatever reasons you decided to let Him in, well,.... ain't life grand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 12:36 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I don't know how to describe this, but recent things that have happened in my life can only be the work of God. After a long long period of Him being absent in my life, I decided it was time to let Him back in, because He sent me a message. I won't go into the details of it, but, he let His presence be known, and I'm listening. It's a major turn in my life, but I have not had this type of feeling for quite some time. No, it's not like a blast of light has hit me or anything, it's pretty simple actually. I don't have this 'shout it from the mountain' thing going on, it's just ....different. To me, it's like finding something that I've been looking for, and going crazy ripping things apart trying to find it, and having it turn up in my pocket. Make any sense? He is there, there is something more than this life. Oh, we can discuss all the in's and outs of it, till we are blue in the face, but, the way I see it now, you don't have to worry about the why or how of it. You don't have to look for Him. He's right there. In times like these, that's a rather...comforting...feeling. As angry as I have been ,for so long now, all the things I have been through,and all the times I cursed Him for all of it, all I had to do was let him have it all. I didn't need any of it, didn't want it, and blamed Him for it, yet I hung on to all that rage and hurt like it was a rope on a cliff.. All the while, all I had to do was let go. It's an odd thing. So, to all who have had this experience, however He came to you, and for whatever reasons you decided to let Him in, well,.... ain't life grand.
He definitely puts things in perspective

Old 11-09-2009, 01:19 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Indeed, NVPlumber, life is grande!

Thanks for sharing!

Eusebius

Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
God is never out of reach or out of touch..Thank you for sharing with us..
~Hugs~

Old 11-09-2009, 04:48 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
It's been quite a while since a post here on the Christian Forum has left me with a smile on my face...just as I was beginning to wonder, if....?...you gave me this to reassure me...that He is indeed busy pouring out His Spirit upon people who are seeking Him, only to find that He was there all along, just waiting...thank you NVplumber...for a wonderful testimony of the goodness of God, I am very, very happy for you. God Bless you and your family......Life IS GRAND!!!...when you know the Lord is with you.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:03 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,347,236 times
He'll always wait for you until you're ready-that's real love.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:13 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
The unmistakable reality of His existence and His accessibility to us within . . . was a real shock to me and completely changed my perspective on life . . . that's for certain!! We are never alone.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:29 PM

154 posts, read 276,361 times
I'd love to hear more details if your ever able to go into them. You can PM me if you'd rather.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:51 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,801 times
Red face Prayer, communication, intercession

Quote:
Quote:
God be will you a friend

Prayer, communication, intercession
Romans 8:26-27 (KJV) the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

1 Tim 2:1 (KJV) I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

Old 11-09-2009, 08:49 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
NVPlumber, what a beautiful post!!
And look how happy you've made all of us by sharing it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity