Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
And because you speak 5 languages makes you an all knowing expert?? Where's the Holy Spirit in this "intellectual" superior attitude? Exactly. Just because you think you are more intelligent than everyone else in the entire world does not mean you're right...actually, you're WAY wrong. Preterism is just another false doctrine just like Universalism.
Preterism is a claim, just like Dispensationalism and everything else for that matter. Speaking five languages helps when you are studying another language, such as Greek, or even Hebrew...especially that of the ancients....so yes...it does give me a leg up on others who don't. Pretersim does not deny that Christ is God, unlike many UR'ers on this forum, and preterism does hold those that sin in this life is accountable for their reward in the next life, unlike UR. So please, before you start throwing stones at those who hold certain views, I would suggest you educate yourself in those views before you begin to attack them....as I have done in UR, dispensationalism (which I was for a long time).

Let me ask you something; where in the scripture did it say, that Christ would come, in His own fleshly body, and reign on earth for 1000 years?

Where in scripture does it state a rapture for that matter?
Where in scripture does it sate that Israel will build another temple, 2000 years after they lost their second?

They can't build their temple, they can't practice their religion to its full....why is this?

Because every record that was kept since Moses was destroyed in 70 AD.
Every one of them...no Levites...no more....why is this?

But this thread isn't about preterism is it?

So start another one without hijacking this thread, and I will gladly point out to all of you, with the help of the UR camp that adheres to this view, precisely why the Jews are NO longer the covenant people anymore.

They are pagan...worshipping a dead god.

Christ came and died, so that they, the Jews, the apostate polity that killed every messenger that God sent to help steer them in the right path, and resurrected, so that they, the harlot, could re=marry Him again...with a clean slate. Too bad for them, but that lampstand has already been removed.

Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Start another thread Dispies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 06:54 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
To Exegete exists...deal with it.
It does not exist . There is no such verb form in English. When you use it in English you reveal your ignorance. Wiktionary is not an authoritative source . . . neither are your self-professed language skills. Deal with it!

Old 11-17-2009, 07:00 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Thanks for the insult.....but I posted it from Wikitionary, because I figured, that's where you needed to begin.

I am always available for more lessons on the study of the Word of God.
I meant no insult to you and if you took it that way.. well just know that I just needed to point out that the word means a person skilled in exegesis..

So the way you were using it was incorrect. Now you are saying that there is a verb form.. but even then your usage was incorrect.. To exegete would mean to be a person skilled in exegesis? Because exegete is not a verb then it makes no sense to exegete..

I am sure your intelligence is far superior to mine when it comes to other languages but I did minor in English grammar so when I see something like that for the umpteenth time I feel compelled to let you know that you are using it incorrectly.. denying that is kinda fruitless and it is apparent that you do have trouble with constructive criticism. But again.. my purpose was to point it out so that the use of it as a verb would not be spread to others..

Old 11-17-2009, 07:01 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Believing that Christ is God........for salvation....

1 John 5
John 1
John 8
Collosians 2
1 John 4

Study hard and enjoy the Word!
Are you saying that the above chapters show that believing that Christ is God is a requirement for salvation?

Old 11-17-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I meant no insult to you and if you took it that way.. well just know that I just needed to point out that the word means a person skilled in exegesis..

So the way you were using it was incorrect. Now you are saying that there is a verb form.. but even then your usage was incorrect.. To exegete would mean to be a person skilled in exegesis? Because exegete is not a verb then it makes no sense to exegete..

I am sure your intelligence is far superior to mine when it comes to other languages but I did minor in English grammar so when I see something like that for the umpteenth time I feel compelled to let you know that you are using it incorrectly.. denying that is kinda fruitless and it is apparent that you do have trouble with constructive criticism. But again.. my purpose was to point it out so that the use of it as a verb would not be spread to others..
Katonjj and Mystic...I cached the page so you can find the words to help you further...this is just one of the many sites that reveal your ignorance in the subject we are concerned with here...feel free to search further.

Enjoying God Ministries

Old 11-17-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that the above chapters show that believing that Christ is God is a requirement for salvation?
First you must believe that Christ is God, then through that act of faith, your salvation is cemented through your works and grace provided through the Holy Spirit.

Read the chapters in their full and contemplate them, and research their relevance to the rest of the scriptures. The Holy Spirit will guide you.

I believe UR is an error, however I don't see it being damnable, but through the acceptance that Christ is the manifestation of God in the flesh, you will be released form this error, in time.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:22 PM

593 posts, read 890,418 times
Unhappy Jesus is not the Father

Jesus is one of three manifestations of God all being co-equal and relegating us to what he teaches is a mystery. A non-believer (although
a good person ) positively cannot grasp or understand this mystery according to scripture, so christians knowing this don't get too
put out when "religions" get doctrines that oppose this belief (it's ok we
get that). Additionally, even a newbee christian is general not equiped
to explain the three in one (yet only one) concept. (It's God doing His
God only thang!) and we followers often say geez God what's with that?
Actually, even with my pagan roots as a Catholic I was able to decipher
the so-called trinity (not a scriptural term, but it's ok for human comun-
ication). I won my High School bulletin board contest in explaining the
triune God. God said in Genesis "let us (pleural as pleural can get lol )and make man in our image,in likeness etc." Jesus then was conceived
by the Holy Spirit from not so surprisingly in the lineage of House of David
(not a coinsidence) Jesus HAD to be man (human) in order to live 33 years
and fullfill a predestined suffering and dying (sacrificial lamb) for all sin.
Anyway, Jesus gave us many tidbits (without saying HELLOOOO!) I would
have said hello.but Jesus was nice. "I and my Father are ONE" "If you have seen me you HAVE seen the Father" I'am whom you speak" ie,God...Jews got " I'am" or specifically God, but didn't buy it . Study,pray,and get it!!!

Last edited by DASULAR17; 11-17-2009 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: some typo errors

Old 11-17-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
JGod said in Genesis "let us (pleural as pleural can get !
אלהים - 'elohiym is plural as plural can get...good job!

It's the little things that get people all messed up, thus distorting the scripture to fit their own paradigm.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:56 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
That is a very well thought out and interesting article.. the list of verses likely took a while to compose.. but.. yep I have a but ()
If God gave all God's authority to Christ then all those titles and attributes are given to Christ by God yet remain God's....

What part of this do you not understand? Giver vs receiver...
As I said. A mud brick would understand from the scriptures that Jesus Christ is God.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:00 PM

Mike...I think we have sent some scrambling into study...you have really amazed me, and I am most definitely sure you have truly glorified and edified Christ! Great Job...now don't punch me in the nose for being a Pret ok? At least we agree on very, very fundamental issues regarding the faith!

Last edited by sciotamicks; 11-17-2009 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: I punched myself in the nose
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity