Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does God desire all people to be saved?
Yes 30 90.91%
No 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 12:20 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times

Advertisements

Be honest here in what you think. Does God desire to save all mankind? All people, including Hitler, Stalin, Sadam Hussein, etc? ie. Does God desire to save Hitler?

Again, only 2 choices: Yes or No. If you think the answer should be "Yes, but...." or "No, but..." then you can add a comment explaining it.

If you want to add a comment explaining what you base your answer on (ie. scripture, personal opinion, philosophy, etc.) that would also be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 12:24 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
I desire a big Chocolate chip cookie right now, but that doesn't mean i will get one.

Oh yea, I am not God. Sorry...

Old 01-19-2010, 12:31 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I desire a big Chocolate chip cookie right now, but that doesn't mean i will get one.

Oh yea, I am not God. Sorry...
LOL... if you were God, you could have your chocolate chip cookie...

Thanks for your participation HotinAZ.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:22 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
He desires all to be saved because He loves us whether good, bad or indifferent. We are His children. No Father would want any left behind. It's our own free will choice if we do not desire God although He will still love us even if we choose to go against Him.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:42 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times
It will not be an easy road for we all must reap what we sow and I believe we truly will. In the end though there will be no suffering and the dark souls will find the light.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:00 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
This is a clear battle between God's will vs. man's will, right? I believe, then, that we focus on which of the two stands in light of scripture - and this is the result of such study:

(1)First, His will by some to bless and save others; by a first-born seed, "the first born from the dead," (Col. i. 18.) to save and bless the later-born

(2) His will therefore to work out the redemption of the lost by successive ages or dispensations, or, to use the language of St. Paul, "according to the purpose of the ages:" (Eph 3:11.)and

(3) Lastly, His will (thus meeting the nature of our fall,) to make death, judgment, and destruction, the means and way to life, acquittal, and salvation; in other words, "through death to destroy him that has the power of death, that is the devil, and to deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage." (Heb 2:14.)

God is God - this is the basis of our faith, and our very life. We must see Him as He is.

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known Me:
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. (Isa 45:5-6)

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. (Isa 45:22-23)

All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and He doeth according to His will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay His hand, or say unto him, What doest thou? (Dan 4:35)

And on and on...

Old 01-19-2010, 04:34 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Yes he loves us all and he wants every person to be saved, he can clean then up and give everybody his spirit to help them, he calls the lost people slackers, anything else would hinder his hope for everyperson to be saved..... The Great Commission of Reconciliation were the gifts of Holy Spirit are and all are called to work in that direction one way or the other were ever the lead of the Lord gives us depending on the way the Lord knows us which gifts are good for each believer..... Yes Jesus could have cleaned hitler if he would have converted to the the true ways of the Lord God,,,, and not the false way of that third reich crap that deceived him in those days

Old 01-19-2010, 05:00 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
All hail AllMighty Free-Will!
Give it the royal diadem
And crown it Lord of all!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:02 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Be honest here in what you think. Does God desire to save all mankind? All people, including Hitler, Stalin, Sadam Hussein, etc? ie. Does God desire to save Hitler?

Again, only 2 choices: Yes or No. If you think the answer should be "Yes, but...." or "No, but..." then you can add a comment explaining it.

If you want to add a comment explaining what you base your answer on (ie. scripture, personal opinion, philosophy, etc.) that would also be appreciated.
Yes he does, and thank God he gets what he desires. That`s the good news friends.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:46 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times
Those people are dead. They aren't people anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity