Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 10:49 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Do you really understand that quote?

Being born of the spirit, meaning, you have received the new heart that Jesus promised, is being born again. If you still think materialistically, condemn others if they do not agree with you, hate, judge, call names or anything that is negative, you are not born again.

If you are spiritually minded, love all, do not judge, condemn, are all that is Truth, Beauty and Goodness, then you are born again in spirit and you are pefect as God is perfect.

It truely takes more than a lifetime to accomplish that feat. If you are born without sin as Jesus was, it can take only half your lifetime.
This post is new age gobbely ****.

Lol, for the record, I didn't use a bad word, I wrote gobbely g*o*o*k. That's hysterical, that it filtered that word out. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 10:50 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Are you willing to be hated by the world?

funny, I don't see Christians as being hated by the world, I see them thinking they are hated by the world.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:50 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSentinel View Post
I may be misunderstanding you, but I have my doubts that anyone, but Jesus, has or ever will become 'perfect as G-d is perfect' while they still live. Is this what your understanding of 'born-again' is as applied to living Christians?
Yes. However, it is possible if one truely desires it.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSentinel View Post
I may be misunderstanding you, but I have my doubts that anyone, but Jesus, has or ever will become 'perfect as G-d is perfect' while they still live. Is this what your understanding of 'born-again' is as applied to living Christians?
Go with those "doubts", it's the Holy Spirit telling you that his believe is a false doctrine. Man can not become God, if we could there would be no need for Christ on the cross, heaven or even God himself. This doctrine is a lie from the enemy.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
This post is new age gobbely ****.
Well, since I don't read nor adhere to your bible, I'm sure you think that as others on this forum think the same way. I'm used to it so don't think that you're telling me anything new.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
funny, I don't see Christians as being hated by the world, I see them thinking they are hated by the world.
You obviously didn't see that the thread title said "For self professing Born Again Christians" either.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Go with those "doubts", it's the Holy Spirit telling you that his believe is a false doctrine. Man can not become God, if we could there would be no need for Christ on the cross, heaven or even God himself. This doctrine is a lie from the enemy.
No one can become God. Thats just plain silly.

We can become like Him but we can't become Him.
I also believe it's in the bible that Jesus stated that we must become perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect. In no way does that statement imply that we becoem God, it states we become like God.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Well, since I don't read nor adhere to your bible, I'm sure you think that as others on this forum think the same way. I'm used to it so don't think that you're telling me anything new.
Then why do you profess to be a Born Again Christian?

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Rom. 10:17 NKJV)

Old 01-22-2010, 10:57 AM

305 posts, read 360,284 times
Quote:
Sonrise, I can appreciate that you would agree with me on my doubts of what the 'good' reverand believes on this aspect of the Holy Gospel, but to seem to claim his belief comes from the 'enemy' is a bit too close to judging him as an individual for my tastes.

I'll stick to what I feel is a humble approach of dialogue when conversing with those I may disagree with.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Then why do you profess to be a Born Again Christian?

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Rom. 10:17 NKJV)
I didn't confess to be born again. My first post stated what I believe to be a born again christian. Seems you aren't born again either.

For the record, I'm a girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity