Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:03 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSentinel View Post
Sonrise, I can appreciate that you would agree with me on my doubts of what the 'good' reverand believes on this aspect of the Holy Gospel, but to seem to claim his belief comes from the 'enemy' is a bit to close to judging him as an individual for my tastes.

I'll stick to what I feel is a humble approach of dialogue when conversing with those I may disagree with.
If someone preaches a false doctrine it comes directly from Satan. The Bilbe clearly states that the enemy is the father of lies, if someone preaches a lie as truth, then it is indeed a false doctrine.

John 8:44 (New International Version)

44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 11:07 AM

305 posts, read 360,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I didn't confess to be born again. My first post stated what I believe to be a born again christian. Seems you aren't born again either.

For the record, I'm a girl.
I apologize for my assuption that you are a man! BTW - nice pic of yourself(another assumption), is that somewhere in Hawaii? My wife and I honeymooned 5 years ago mainly in Kawaii(sp?).

Old 01-22-2010, 11:08 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times
Quote:
I didn't confess to be born again. My first post stated what I believe to be a born again christian. Seems you aren't born again either.

I apologize on both accounts. The Bible is clear that being born again is the only way to eternal salvation. Jesus himself said that he was the way, not a way.

John 3:3 (New International Version)

3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.[a]"

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:20 AM

305 posts, read 360,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
If someone preaches a false doctrine it comes directly from Satan. The Bilbe clearly states that the enemy is the father of lies, if someone preaches a lie as truth, then it is indeed a false doctrine.

John 8:44 (New International Version)

44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Well, I guess the difference here is that I didn't feel like I was being 'preached' to and being that I rarely find Bible passages are direct in what their true meaning is, I will avoid implicating anyone's understanding of what is written there to be of Satan.

I do know that Reverand does not come across to me as one without love for G-d.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:21 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:

So why are you responding to the topic.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:22 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSentinel View Post
I apologize for my assuption that you are a man! BTW - nice pic of yourself(another assumption), is that somewhere in Hawaii? My wife and I honeymooned 5 years ago mainly in Kawaii(sp?).
That was taken last April at Kailiua Beach on Oahu. Absolutely loved the place!!

Old 01-22-2010, 11:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
True born again people, meaning the soul has been transformed from a sinning soul to that of a perfect soul, cannot sin because they are perfect. If a person sins after being proclaimed born again, they were never born again.
That is not quite accurate. Born again people sin, although they do their best not to.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I apologize on both accounts. The Bible is clear that being born again is the only way to eternal salvation. Jesus himself said that he was the way, not a way.

John 3:3 (New International Version)

3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.[a]"

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
And what makes you think that I didn't go through Jesus? Just because I don't read the bible, doesn't mean I didn't go through Him.

To become born again, one needs to cleanse the soul of all sin and the inclination to sin.

So many people profess to be born again yet, they still hold negative attitudes and treat others in an unloving manner. To be born again means to be perfect. A born again christian cannot hold any negatives whatsoever.

When I responded, I was just giving a definition so that those who would answer could see that maybe they aren't as born again as they'd like to believe. Any person who is not perfect, as we know, all who are on this forum are not, is not a born again christian. (Of course, if they were, surely they'd have far better things to do than spend time here).

So, before anyone answers the question properly, they would have to know what the true definition is and not some interpretation of what they may think it is. I'm in no way implying I am absolutely right but if you think about it, you have to become perfect as our Father is perfect to be born again. How many people can truely say they are perfect?

Old 01-22-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is not quite accurate. Born again people sin, although they do their best not to.
Here is Jesus' explanation of what it means to be born again.

The very Nature and Substance of the Father, and wherefrom men cease to be the merely created beings, but become the souls of men born into the Divine reality of God.

Then the only way to the Celestial Kingdom being by the New Birth, and that birth being brought to men only by the inflowing and working of this Divine Love, and whether or not a man shall experience this birth depending in its initiative on the man himself, the question arises how or in what way can a man obtain this Divine Love and this New Birth and the Celestial Kingdom. And because the way is so easy and simple, it may be that men will doubt the truth of my explanation, and continue to believe and place all their hopes upon the orthodox doctrines of the vicarious atonement - the washing of the blood, my sufferings on the cross and bearing all the sins of the world, and my resurrection from the dead - doctrines as harmful to the salvation of mankind as they are without truth or foundation in fact or effect. The only way then is simply this: that men shall believe with all the sincerity of their minds and souls that this Great Love of the Father is waiting to be bestowed upon each and all of them, and that when they come to the Father in faith and earnest aspirations, this love will not be withholden from them. and in addition to this belief, pray with all the earnestness and longings of their souls that he open up their souls to the inflowing of this Love, and that then may come to them the Holy Spirit to bring this Love into their souls in such abundance that their souls may be transformed into the very Essence of the Father's Love.

Once this love transforms the soul, then and only then can one proclaim to be born again.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:42 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
And what makes you think that I didn't go through Jesus? Just because I don't read the bible, doesn't mean I didn't go through Him.

To become born again, one needs to cleanse the soul of all sin and the inclination to sin.

So many people profess to be born again yet, they still hold negative attitudes and treat others in an unloving manner. To be born again means to be perfect. A born again christian cannot hold any negatives whatsoever.

When I responded, I was just giving a definition so that those who would answer could see that maybe they aren't as born again as they'd like to believe. Any person who is not perfect, as we know, all who are on this forum are not, is not a born again christian. (Of course, if they were, surely they'd have far better things to do than spend time here).

So, before anyone answers the question properly, they would have to know what the true definition is and not some interpretation of what they may think it is. I'm in no way implying I am absolutely right but if you think about it, you have to become perfect as our Father is perfect to be born again. How many people can truely say they are perfect?
Being born again is being perfect, being born again mean you have a new heart and mind but the same soul which you have to work on to cleanse yourself of bad habits of your old self. This is what is meant by fruit of the spirit. If you bear good works then you are doing good on you quest and if you bear bad fruit then possibly you are not born again or you are a work in progress. Many born again people backslide because all are a work in progress and some sins are difficult but not impossible to resist. You gradually become more like Christ the more obedient to Gods word you become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity