Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:35 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times

Advertisements

Seriously when I heard my last church sing this I was disgusted and frankly I had enough of the goo goo doll "worship" songs. What? Is Jesus who is our God, our redeemer, our saviour, our judge some chick?

Lyrics for Can't Stop by Leeland - Christian Song Lyrics (http://www.christianmyspacelayouts.org/christian_lyrics/6998-lyrics-Leeland-Can - broken link)

"But I don't want to leave
Your beauty stands out...................."

"I can't stop, I can't stop falling in love with You
I can't stop, I can't stop falling in love with You
Your love is in my heart tonight (yes, I know)
I'm in love with You............"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8GJP...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX3h7...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 09:55 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
LOL....I swear you post the most "t" word threads around here but as you ALWAYS say, this is a Christian forum and you are a Christian so I guess you get a free pass.

Anyway, where have you been? There have been a million articles about how sappy and feminine modern Christianity has become. Guys don't want to be in church telling some guy in a robe with long hair that he is the LOVER of their soul or that they want to lean on his breast.

The modern church does NOT appeal to men. Many of them are in church because of the wife or girlfriend OR they grew up in it or they enjoy seeing the "chicks." As a result, smart churches are finding ways to appeal to them.

Last edited by InsaneInDaMembrane; 02-15-2010 at 10:03 AM..

Old 02-15-2010, 03:32 PM

303 posts, read 569,677 times
well here is the opposite...this is the macho man UFCs
Ultimate Fighting Christ
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/11/magazine/11punk-t.html

Old 02-18-2010, 10:27 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,421 times
Jesus was male as he was circumcised (I don't think jews did female circumcision) as per their law for males. God is neither male or female, as god is spirit. Man was created in the image of god (not as an exact simulation) but the term man means both male and female genders (the feminists are on a rag here with their gender bias towards this term). Males and females together (that is why marriage at one time was the highest ethical state in christianity) are the image of god and one gender without the other is not the image in this complete parable that man is; one needs both females and males to have the image of god in the term man. If males can not relate to a male god, well there used to be goddesses one could get excited about and I suppose one could bring that back; in the mean time I think that is why there are gentlemen clubs-be sure to pay your cover.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:28 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,421 times
Sorry, I meant a male son of god in the above

Old 02-18-2010, 02:03 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Fundie - the problem is not with the song - it's with your mind. This speaks of spiritual beauty and spiritual love. Don't blame others for the carnal imagery which these words bring up in your thoughts.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:12 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Seriously when I heard my last church sing this I was disgusted and frankly I had enough of the goo goo doll "worship" songs. What? Is Jesus who is our God, our redeemer, our saviour, our judge some chick?

Lyrics for Can't Stop by Leeland - Christian Song Lyrics (http://www.christianmyspacelayouts.org/christian_lyrics/6998-lyrics-Leeland-Can - broken link)

"But I don't want to leave
Your beauty stands out...................."

"I can't stop, I can't stop falling in love with You
Your love is in my heart tonight (yes, I know)
I'm in love with You............"

YouTube - Leeland - Can't Stop

YouTube - Leeland - Can't Stop
Jesus was very well balanced. He had feminine and masculine natures. If we don't have a balance, we cannot understand each other. In order for a man to understand a woman, he would need to have some feminine aspects. Same with women understanding men.

You can Love the way Jesus did with a well balanced nature. He loved all exactly the same.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:16 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,340,860 times
Jesus symbolizes the principle of the feminine. It is not that he is literally effeminate. The feminine principle has always been associated with love, caring, forgiving, nurturing. The masculine principle is associated with aggressiveness, daring, boldness, forcefulness. The masculine, when slapped on one cheek does not turn the other cheek and say, "here, you may slap this one too if you wish." It is all symbolic. The feminine principle is kinder and more capable of forgiving transgressors.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:07 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
Jesus symbolizes the principle of the feminine. It is not that he is literally effeminate. The feminine principle has always been associated with love, caring, forgiving, nurturing. The masculine principle is associated with aggressiveness, daring, boldness, forcefulness. The masculine, when slapped on one cheek does not turn the other cheek and say, "here, you may slap this one too if you wish." It is all symbolic. The feminine principle is kinder and more capable of forgiving transgressors.

HA! Now that's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:00 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Fundie - the problem is not with the song - it's with your mind. This speaks of spiritual beauty and spiritual love. Don't blame others for the carnal imagery which these words bring up in your thoughts.

Good post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity