Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 01:57 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Again the words of Christ clearly state it is unforgiven...
To be exact He said it "will not be forgiven". And I already told you that I believe there is sin that will not be forgiven. As Jesus said "forgive not and you will not be forgiven." And I showed you an example of sin in the OT that was not forgiven.

Quote:
...and eternal.
According to some translations. Those same translations decline to translate that same exact word (from the LXX and olam from the Hebrew) as "eternal" or "everlasting" in various places in the OT. Why is that? Because the context of those verses plainly shows the noun not to be everlasting.

The scriptures say that "the Lord will not cast off forever" but you would have me believe "the Lord will cast off forever".

The scriptures say that those whom Christ cuts asunder when He comes will receive few or many stripes. But you would have me believe that they will receive an infinity of stripes.

The scriptures say that "all the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord" but you would have me believe that "NOT all will turn to the Lord".

The scriptures say that the number of Sons of God will be "as the sands of the sea, which cannot be measured or numbered" but you would have me believe that the number of Sons of God will be few in number.

Quote:
Does Paul contend with Christ? It is the root of the issue. Pray on this and you will find you argue falsely.
I have prayed on it many times and will contine to do so. BTW, neither Paul, nor some UR website, nor some UR proponents on a forum like this one, convinced me that God would save all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 02:00 PM

696 posts, read 915,549 times
Again a link of what by Title is called The Unpardonable Sin. Notice in the Bible verses no use of the word pardonable. Read how this sin can be committed. Understand an infinite God can speak of things infinitely and beyond the man made mixing of what he thinks are ages. Again an age of man, and the age beyond. There is nothing more.

Matthew 12:32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

It is notable everyone wants to focus on the generic name Unpardonable or the idea of multiple ages in some concoction. However with just the focus on Matthew we find it called "not forgiven"

Now let us again use Mark

Mark 3:29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."

Notice no use of the word Unpardonable, and yet the use of eternal sin. Of particular not is the below commentary

3:22-30 It was plain that the doctrine of Christ had a direct tendency to break the devil's power; and it was as plain, that casting of him out of the bodies of people, confirmed that doctrine; therefore Satan could not support such a design. Christ gave an awful warning against speaking such dangerous words. It is true the gospel promises, because Christ has purchased, forgiveness for the greatest sins and sinners; but by this sin, they would oppose the gifts of the Holy Ghost after Christ's ascension. Such is the enmity of the heart, that unconverted men pretend believers are doing Satan's work, when sinners are brought to repentance and newness of life.

A clear denial of Christ and the Holy Spirit is an unforgiven and eternal sin. But Im not done lets continue on again to Luke...

Luke 12:10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Again no use of unpardonable at all and that it shall not be forgiven.

Read all of these links. Again this is why Christianity stands where Universalism can not. You can quote any other scripture a million times, but Christianity is Christ who is God and is infinite. What He proclaims as infinite is infinite. There is a sin man can commit that is eternal and not forgiven. Continue with your arguements all day, but only one sin need be committed to show Universalism is false. I have shown it.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Did I say Galatians 1:4 establishes a new age? Please re-read what I wrote rather than blathering ignorance.

The point I was making is this: We are in "the current wicked eon" (Gal.1:4). And since we are in the current wicked eon and there are two RIGHTEOUS eons to come (1000 years and new earth) then there are more eons/ages than what you suggest.

Try to learn something before making stupid statements.
Now I am blathering ignorance. You focus on eon as 1000 years, yet when was Galations written. More than 1000 years ago. What age are we in? Where does scripture support your theory. Rev 20 and 21 speak of the end of one age and a new one. No where does scripture speak of any other age, but I am ignorant

I am ignorant, but you keep focusing on the word "unpardonable" I made ppst here with links from Matthew, Mark, and Luke. Find me the word Unpardonable in multiple Bibles. It is the Name of the sin given by man, not the word in scripture, but I am ignorant and blathering.

I can not help but chuckle.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:05 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,526 times
biblical studies: The Blasphemy of the Spirit

biblical studies: Overwhelming Grace

A Reply to "Universalism Refuted" - Part One

Old 01-26-2010, 02:07 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Again a link of what by Title is called The Unpardonable Sin. Notice in the Bible verses no use of the word pardonable. There is a sin man can commit that is eternal and not forgiven. Continue with your arguements all day, but only one sin need be
committed to show Universalism is false. I have shown it.
"Verily, I am saying to you that all shall be pardoned the sons of mankind, the penalties of the sins and the blasphemies, whatsoever they should be blaspheming, yet whoever should be blaspheming against the holy spirit is having no pardon for the eon, but is liable to the eonian penalty for the sin-" for they said, "An unclean spirit has he."
(Mark 3:28-30 CLV)

Continue with your arguements all day, but only one sin need be
committed to show Eternal Torment is false. I have shown it.

You don't have a clue.

Pardon is the executive right of a ruler. Christ, the King, grants pardons or not. The one who commits the unpardoned sin won't be pardoned. They have to do the full time for their crime = this eon and that which is impending (1000 year eon).

Eternal torment bit the dust.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:10 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,973 times
Quote:
It is notable everyone wants to focus on the generic name Unpardonable or the idea of multiple ages in some concoction. However with just the focus on Matthew we find it called "not forgiven"
NLT - Lam 3:42 - We have sinned and rebelled, and you have not forgiven us.

NIV - Lam 3:42 - We have sinned and rebelled and you have not forgiven.

ESV - Lam 3:42 - We have transgressed and rebelled, and you have not forgiven.

RSV - Lam 3:42 - We have transgressed and rebelled, and thou hast not forgiven.

YNG - Lam 3:42 - We -- we have transgressed and rebelled, Thou -- Thou hast not forgiven.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
To be exact He said it "will not be forgiven". And I already told you that I believe there is sin that will not be forgiven. As Jesus said "forgive not and you will not be forgiven." And I showed you an example of sin in the OT that was not forgiven.

According to some translations. Those same translations decline to translate that same exact word (from the LXX and olam from the Hebrew) as "eternal" or "everlasting" in various places in the OT. Why is that? Because the context of those verses plainly shows the noun not to be everlasting.

The scriptures say that "the Lord will not cast off forever" but you would have me believe "the Lord will cast off forever".

The scriptures say that those whom Christ cuts asunder when He comes will receive few or many stripes. But you would have me believe that they will receive an infinity of stripes.

The scriptures say that "all the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord" but you would have me believe that "NOT all will turn to the Lord".

The scriptures say that the number of Sons of God will be "as the sands of the sea, which cannot be measured or numbered" but you would have me believe that the number of Sons of God will be few in number.

I have prayed on it many times and will contine to do so. BTW, neither Paul, nor some UR website, nor some UR proponents on a forum like this one, convinced me that God would save all.
I take you at your word on who convinced you, but man can convince themselves of anything. Read the link I posted on these scriptures a couple minutes ago.

I stand by what I have said. Nothing supports the eons or ages theory. And nothing supports the sin being forgiven.

If God is truly holy and no sin can be in His sight. Then what is not forgiven can not be in the next age. This is clear throughout scripture. Attempting to reason anything more is simply false.

And I make mention of Paul and UR websites because there are many who claim this of which you and others are their champion. They make false claims and false beliefs. You have a responsibility to it, by your proclamation. You are in Christ and the watchmen of Ezekiel. If you do not warn them their blood is upon you, but if you do their blood is upon them.

This is basic Christian doctrine. Not Universal doctrine which is wholly different. Read the links I just posted a few minutes ago. I sense you are getting the picture. The Lord cast out forever. It is clear and it is there.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
NLT - Lam 3:42 - We have sinned and rebelled, and you have not forgiven us.

NIV - Lam 3:42 - We have sinned and rebelled and you have not forgiven.

ESV - Lam 3:42 - We have transgressed and rebelled, and you have not forgiven.

RSV - Lam 3:42 - We have transgressed and rebelled, and thou hast not forgiven.

YNG - Lam 3:42 - We -- we have transgressed and rebelled, Thou -- Thou hast not forgiven.
Im not addressing this again I did earlier and was clear.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
"Verily, I am saying to you that all shall be pardoned the sons of mankind, the penalties of the sins and the blasphemies, whatsoever they should be blaspheming, yet whoever should be blaspheming against the holy spirit is having no pardon for the eon, but is liable to the eonian penalty for the sin-" for they said, "An unclean spirit has he."
(Mark 3:28-30 CLV)

Continue with your arguements all day, but only one sin need be
committed to show Eternal Torment is false. I have shown it.

You don't have a clue.

Pardon is the executive right of a ruler. Christ, the King, grants pardons or not. The one who commits the unpardoned sin won't be pardoned. They have to do the full time for their crime = this eon and that which is impending (1000 year eon).

Eternal torment bit the dust.
I dont have a clue LOL. There is nothing that supports this in scripture. You can keep posting it. Also I never posted Eternal Torment, how quaint you bring it in. I simply said a sin is not forgiven and eternal, and now you bring in eternal torment, but I clearly did not.

You have show nothing Im sorry.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:22 PM

Also if your 1000 year reign is the purge of sin, how can it occur in the beginning of Revelation 20, but then Satan is freed and he and his army are destoryed by fire and cast into a lake of fire. It is clear this is after the 1000 years. Then by Rev 11 we have a judgement, which by Rev21 shows a New Heaven and a New Earth. Is this one of this added eons. We have two 1000 year periods? Is that in Rev 21 and just forgot to be mentioned?

Or is this blathering ignorance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity