Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 02:51 PM

187 posts, read 314,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I was just giving you a site where you could read more info on it. I personally don't care.
I apologize if I came off sounding kind of harsh. My point is...That even in the article you sent me there is no scriptural support for this idea of "Unbelief." They quote passages about regathering...But none of them say anything about unbelief.

Which is my whole point. There is nothing...NOTHING in the Bible that says anything about Israel being re-gathered in unbelief.

I guess I'm just a little weary about people making claims for which there is no support.

I know people teach this idea of regathering in "unbelief." A lot of people for that matter. However it's just not in the Bible.

I mean hey...If it was...Wouldn't you thing C.I. Scofield would have added it to his study notes?

This doctrine was added to futurism after 1948 to explain why they were regathered in unbelief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 10:18 PM

Still waiting for that verse guys!!! 8-)

Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
Still waiting for that verse guys!!! 8-)
Beuller? Beuller? Beuller? Beuller?

Old 01-26-2010, 01:47 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
To be honest Israel could be invaded and run over tomorrow having their citizens scattered all over the world for another 1,000 years and still will be within bible prophecy.
No that would be incorrect, because the Bible tells us that when they return from the worldwide exile, they would never be removed from their land again.

Ezekiel 37:21 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountians of Israel.

Ezekiel 37:25 They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children's children will live there forever,

Old 01-26-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
I apologize if I came off sounding kind of harsh. My point is...That even in the article you sent me there is no scriptural support for this idea of "Unbelief." They quote passages about regathering...But none of them say anything about unbelief.

Which is my whole point. There is nothing...NOTHING in the Bible that says anything about Israel being re-gathered in unbelief.

I guess I'm just a little weary about people making claims for which there is no support.

I know people teach this idea of regathering in "unbelief." A lot of people for that matter. However it's just not in the Bible.

I mean hey...If it was...Wouldn't you thing C.I. Scofield would have added it to his study notes?

This doctrine was added to futurism after 1948 to explain why they were regathered in unbelief.

Ezekiel 36:22

"Therefore, give the people of Israel this message from the Sovereign Lord: (I AM BRINGING YOU BACK, BUT NOT
BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT.) I am doing it to protect my holy name, on which you brought shame while you were scattered among the nations.

The doctrine was not added. Without question it is in the Bible, and God sent ISRAEL a special notice just to let them know.

And the reason God is bringing the Jewish people back to Israel, is because He is going to use them as bait. It is God's intention to incourage the nations to try and drive the Jewish people out of the land of Israel. God is looking for a fight.
And God is getting ready to reveal to the world, and to the Jewish people, who He is.

Last edited by Campbell34; 01-26-2010 at 02:11 AM..

Old 01-26-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Ezekiel 36:22

"Therefore, give the people of Israel this message from the Sovereign Lord: (I AM BRINGING YOU BACK, BUT NOT
BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT.) I am doing it to protect my holy name, on which you brought shame while you were scattered among the nations.

The doctrine was not added. Without question it is in the Bible, and God sent ISRAEL a special notice just to let them know.

And the reason God is bringing the Jewish people back to Israel, is because He is going to use them as bait. It is God's intention to incourage the nations to try and drive the Jewish people out of the land of Israel. God is looking for a fight.
And God is getting ready to reveal to the world, and to the Jewish people, who He is.
Strange version you are using...Matter of fact I can't even find it.

Nonetheless...The challenge still stands. Any verses in the Bible that say that Israel would be gathered in unbelief?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Strange version you are using...Matter of fact I can't even find it.

Nonetheless...The challenge still stands. Any verses in the Bible that say that Israel would be gathered in unbelief?

(1.) I really don't know how far God has to go to insult the Jewish people, before you get it. Yet perhaps this next verse will help.

Ezekiel 36:17 Son of man, when the people of Israel were living in their own land, they defiled it by the evil way they lived. To me their conduct was as unclean as a woman's menstrual cloth.
Could God of made it any clearer for you?

(2.) So God scatters the Jewish people among the nations because of their bad conduct, and then what did they do?

Ezekiel 36:20 But when they were scattered among the nations, they brought shame on my holy name.

(3.) So now we know the Jewish people brought shame on Gods name where ever they went, so now what did God have to do?

Ezekiel 36:21,22 Then I was concerned for my holy name, on which my people brought shame among the nations. Therefore, give the people of Israel this message from the Sovereign Lord: I am bringing you back, but not because you deserve it. I am doing it to protect my holy name, on which you brought shame while you were scattered among the nations.

(4.) God makes it very simple. The Jewish people do not deserve to return to the land of Israel. These are not people of faith, because people of faith would not bring shame on the name of the Lord, as the Jewish people do. God tells them outright, that the only reason He is allowing them to return, is so He can protect His Holy Name which the Jewish people continue to shame.

And I am useing the New International Version. Yet it matters little what version you use. They all say the samething.

Last edited by Campbell34; 01-26-2010 at 10:44 PM..

Old 01-26-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
(1.) I really don't know how far God has to insult the Jewish people before you get it. Yet perhaps this next verse will help.

Ezekiel 36:17 "Son of man, when the people of Israel were living in their own land, they defiled it by the evil way they lived. To me their conduct was as unclean as a woman's menstrual cloth."
Could God of made it any clearer for you?

(2.) So God scatters the Jewish people among the nations, and then what did they do?

Ezekiel 36:20 But when they were scattered among the nations, they brought shame on my holy name.

(3.) So now we know the Jewish people brought shame on Gods name where ever they went, so now what did God have to do?

Ezekiel 36:21,22 Then I was concerned for my holy name, on which my people brought shame among the nations. Therefore, give the people of Israel this message from the Sovereign Lord: I am bringing you back, but not because you deserve it. I am doing it to protect my holy name, on which you brought shame while you were scattered among the nations.

(4.) God makes it very simple. The Jewish people do not deserve to return to the land of Israel. These are not people of faith, because people of faith would not bring shame on the name of the Lord, as the Jewish people do. God tells them outright, that the only reason He is allowing them to return, is so He can protect His Holy Name which the Jewish people continue to shame.

And I am useing the New International Version. Yet it matters little what version you use. They all say the samething.
And this was fulfilled...Read Ezra and Nehemiah.

So what does this have to do with 1948???

NOTHING!!!

Like I've said in other posts...Give me ONE single verse that says that there will be a regathering in unbelief beyond the restoration that was fulfilled after the Babylonian captivity.

There are none. Period!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
And this was fulfilled...Read Ezra and Nehemiah.

So what does this have to do with 1948???

NOTHING!!!

Like I've said in other posts...Give me ONE single verse that says that there will be a regathering in unbelief beyond the restoration that was fulfilled after the Babylonian captivity.

There are none. Period!!!
This prophecy was never fulfilled, because the prophecy tells you. That when they return, they will never be driven from their land again. Their return will be forever. And Ezekiel 38 was never fulfilled either. And the prophecy tells us that God's sanctuary will be there forever. Are you ignoring that prophecy as well? (1948) was the beginning of this prophecies fulfillment.

The only way you can believe what you believe, is if your willing to use a lot of white out. LOL

Last edited by Campbell34; 01-26-2010 at 11:30 PM..

Old 01-27-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
This prophecy was never fulfilled, because the prophecy tells you. That when they return, they will never be driven from their land again. Their return will be forever. And Ezekiel 38 was never fulfilled either. And the prophecy tells us that God's sanctuary will be there forever. Are you ignoring that prophecy as well? (1948) was the beginning of this prophecies fulfillment.

The only way you can believe what you believe, is if your willing to use a lot of white out. LOL
Pardon me...There is no White-Out on my monitor!!! 8-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity