Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:36 PM

187 posts, read 314,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi psychohmike,

I think the 3.5 years for the siege of Jerusalem was simply just another 3.5 year period. Though, this is an important junction with Revelation. Yet the time of the Jews was their special nation status. That ended in Acts 11 when Gentiles came to Christ.

It must be that time.
Agreed. Daniel's 70 weeks was only focused on the Jews and Jerusalem. "Seventy weeks are determined for your people(Jews) and for your holy city(Jerusalem)," and this is further confirmed in Daniel 12:7

"Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished."

Daniels prophecies were ultimately fulfilled when that old covenant system came to an end. How people miss this is beyond me. It was their end...Not our end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 01:09 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
Agreed. Daniel's 70 weeks was only focused on the Jews and Jerusalem. "Seventy weeks are determined for your people(Jews) and for your holy city(Jerusalem)," and this is further confirmed in Daniel 12:7

"Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished."

Daniels prophecies were ultimately fulfilled when that old covenant system came to an end. How people miss this is beyond me. It was their end...Not our end.
They miss it because their focus is on themselves not on the actual audience of the bible. If we read most books the way futurists read the bible we would be totally confused.

Because the bible is "infallible and inspired" the futurist can say that God knows everything even what would take place 2000+ years later. When in reality man wrote the bible and we know that inspired by God or not man is fallible. There is no reason for Daniel to be told to seal the visions because it is far off yet John is told NOT to seal the vision because it is near if the fulfillment of Revelation is far off. Daniel to Jesus = 400 some years. Revelation to now = 2000+ years... That makes no sense. It would have to be a fulfillment period less than 400 years to make sense.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:11 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Welcome back Kat!

Old 01-29-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Welcome back Kat!
Thanks sciotamicks... had to replace the hard drive in my computer... I was going through withdrawals..

Old 01-29-2010, 01:46 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
They miss it because their focus is on themselves not on the actual audience of the bible. If we read most books the way futurists read the bible we would be totally confused.

Because the bible is "infallible and inspired" the futurist can say that God knows everything even what would take place 2000+ years later. When in reality man wrote the bible and we know that inspired by God or not man is fallible. There is no reason for Daniel to be told to seal the visions because it is far off yet John is told NOT to seal the vision because it is near if the fulfillment of Revelation is far off. Daniel to Jesus = 400 some years. Revelation to now = 2000+ years... That makes no sense. It would have to be a fulfillment period less than 400 years to make sense.
Hi katjonjj,

If I were a futurist, it would be a waste of time for me to read this since you only appear to be writing to us. It probably is meant for someone a 1000 years from now to dig up. For example, even though it appears to be a letter to the church of Philadelphia, its really not.

Revelation 3
7 “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,
‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opensâ€:[c] 8 “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it;[d] for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. 9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

John wrote to them as a mere tool to instruct a non-specific people later on. God knew that churches in Asia would understand being used as a literary device up and to the point of a total, holy and sanctified deception.

To anyone in the 23d century, this post is for you.

</sarcasm off>

Old 01-29-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Thanks sciotamicks... had to replace the hard drive in my computer... I was going through withdrawals..

Ughh! That's why I have a Mac

Old 01-29-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Ughh! That's why I have a Mac
Yeah... they fixed it under warranty or I would have purchased a Mac to replace it....

I'm a PC with Mac dreams.

Sooooo off topic sorry!

Old 01-29-2010, 04:24 PM

187 posts, read 314,948 times
I'm 4 PC's, 1 old Mac and an iPhone with iPad dreams.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:19 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Gee, know what? I just learned it's more fun talking about computers than it is prophecy. See you all in the computer room. (waves)

Old 01-29-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
I'm 4 PC's, 1 old Mac and an iPhone with iPad dreams.
iPAD...looking into that one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity