Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 12:36 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,442,420 times

Advertisements

[quote=Reverend1111;13332295][quote=RobinD69;13332200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by icstitch View Post

See, I have no problems with people who are honest in their answers. The problems I have are when people say that their source is the only source and is the most reliable. There was a time when I thought gays were not of God. I changed my thoughts because I saw their attitude to themselves and each other. I didn't need any spiritual book to help me in my opinions. My beliefs weren't confirmed until much later.

Pepople say they are open minded and can tolerate those who are not like them. The truth is that they are tolerant because some book told them to be and they still think they are sinners. When you walk in Love and walk with God, you will see that Love is the foundation of God. The material world will fall awy and when the soul is the only thing left, will it be one of Light or darkness. To say that gays are sinners is saying that they are darkness. I can't believe that as my own gay frineds have no darkness in them. They are just labeled as sinners because people aren't comfortable with them. Yet.
God does not tolerate sin and neither do we!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Fantastic News Nikk!!!!

State shouldn't have anything to do with marriage and should only issue civil unions between two human beings.

Thus gay people get the rights and legal privileges that we heterosexual couples enjoy.

Let the churches perform religious marriage ceremonies that don't mean anything in a court of law.

I cannot believe we just solved this issue on city-data. Kudos to us!
I agree in civil unions. Any two people can form a union, brother sister, two men, two women, etc....

But, gays do not want that, they want God to be OK with their sinful acts.

I say, let any two people go to the state for a civil union. But let one man and one woman go to the church for a marriage before God!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Sex in a marriage not a requirement??? Hmmmmmmmm. Not sure about all of that. I think it's very important for one to maintain a good sexual relationship with their spouse. No nookie= adultry. Sorry couldn't resist.
I agree, but some people do not get the oportunity for sex in marriage. For example someone with medical conditions, not born with the equipement, etc.

However, it is not a requirement for marriage. And any sex outside of marriage is a sin!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:43 PM

203 posts, read 322,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Therein is the lie. You claim that God only makes "good people". God make people! People choose to do good acts or bad acts, but these acts do not make one righteous (in right standing with God). Only accepting what God's Son, Jesus Christ did on the cross as sufficient to cover you sin and to confess him as Lord can you get to heaven. But the end result is not to get out of hell or to get to heaven, but rather to get to Jesus. He is the truth, the life and the way!
I may tell a lie, but one thing is for certain... I try my best in everything I do, and getting told everyday I am going to hell is not a nice thing to say, hey straight people are going to hell too... so be it!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I agree in civil unions. Any two people can form a union, brother sister, two men, two women, etc....

But, gays do not want that, they want God to be OK with their sinful acts.

I say, let any two people go to the state for a civil union. But let one man and one woman go to the church for a marriage before God!
Is that really how you think?

YOUR MEAN,
YOUR RUDE,
AND GOD TOTALLY DOES NOT ACCEPT PEOPLE WHO TREATS HIS SONS/DAUGHTERS LIKE HELL!!!

Have a good day!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I agree, but some people do not get the oportunity for sex in marriage. For example someone with medical conditions, not born with the equipement, etc.

However, it is not a requirement for marriage. And any sex outside of marriage is a sin!
So therefore,
Gays should have the right to marry.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:53 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,840,661 times
Quote:
So therefore,
Gays should have the right to marry.
They do, to the oposite sex just as everyone else does.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
They do, to the oposite sex just as everyone else does.
So your telling me gays should not be able to may the same sex?

Its undelightful that people like you want us to get married before sex and not even let us get married...

ITS ONLY BULL!

Old 03-17-2010, 01:01 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,840,661 times
Quote:
So your telling me gays should not be able to may the same sex?

Its undelightful that people like you want us to get married before sex and not even let us get married...

ITS ONLY BULL!
I'm sorry but its biblical.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:03 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,740,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I'm sorry but its biblical.
Luckily, the bible does not rule the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.