Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2010, 06:49 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Not one scripture you quoted twin is a name of God .
These aren't?
"wrath of the LORD" Isaiah 51:20

avenging God" Nahum 1:2

"wrath of God" Colossians 3:6, 1 Thessalonians 2:16, Revelation 15:7, Revelation 19:15

But these are?

BREAD OF GOD......................John 6:33
MIGHTY GOD...............................Isaiah 9:6
MESSENGER OF THE COVENANT................Malachi 3:1

What you really mean is "Not one scripture you quoted twin is a name of God...that fits UR"

John 3:36 is either the truth or UR is .... you chose UR, I chose Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 07:16 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
These aren't?

"wrath of God" Colossians 3:6, 1 Thessalonians 2:16, Revelation 15:7, Revelation 19:15

But these are?

What you really mean is "Not one scripture you quoted twin is a name of God...that fits UR"

Wrath of the Lord and avenging God are not names of God .

It's funny how many who believe in ET make it an issue of UR and ET , for me it's an issue between Fundamental christianity (nowt to do with ET) and the "things of God"(that oppose one another) , i know many beautiful believers who do not believe in UR , but do not belong to the system of fundamental christianity, infact i would go as far to say that i agree probably on everything they believe apart from ET.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:30 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
These aren't?

But these are?

I chose Him too! Happy Easter twin

Old 04-03-2010, 07:38 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I chose Him too!
I think we all did.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:54 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Have a blessed one also INLC.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:10 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yeah, right -- says the master of the art of putting words in other people's mouths. How about using the quote function when accusing people of referring to God as a "mushy love sweetie pie pushever." If anybody has actually said that, quote him.
Spin was actually quoting me complaining about that accusation by him (not in those words but by obvious implication). What he actually said was this sarcastic remark:
Quote:

God spoke this (I'm sure) in a very mild manner voice....like a God who is nothing but love
It's a common thing for some who are anti UR to say we don't understand the Justice part of God and are too love focused.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:12 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Spin was actually quoting me complaining about that accusation by him (not in those words but by obvious implication).

It's a common thing for some who are anti UR to say we don't understand the Justice part of God and are too love focused.
Well, it's easy to be rude, sarcastic, and judgmental, don't you think? It takes a lot more effort to be respectful in spite of differences of opinion.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:16 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
All I know is, I hope both my husbands aren't going to have to arm wrestle for me in heaven.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:18 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
All I know is, I hope both my husbands aren't going to have to arm wrestle for me in heaven.
LOL isn't that a good thing...

And now that you mention it... IF we do remember our loved ones in heaven, then who will be the wife of whom? With the rate of divorce that could be hell in heaven....

Didn't Jesus say that there is no marriage in heaven when he was asked whose wife is whose?

His response is that that is not the kind of thing he was talking about.... so I wonder if we DO remember them?

It is enough to know now that they will burn later but then to know you will not love them in heaven? Can someone explain that to me?

Old 04-03-2010, 08:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
He chose me i never chose anything , praise God ?

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. John 15 verse 16

This verse Twin and ILNC has nothing to do with ET or UR it's to do with the "Things of God" . Just like i said on my last post on here fundamental christianity opposes the "Things of God".

Fundy's believe they sought God, the scriptures say the opposite , the Fundy's believe they found God, the scriptures say the opposite , the Fundy believes they chose God , the scriptures say the opposite

Last edited by pcamps; 04-03-2010 at 08:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity