Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times

Advertisements

How do you "acknowledge that Jesus is the son of God"?

What does this mean to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 09:19 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

Jesus mirrored the love of God (the spitting image of God) because he expressed love, which God is. Therefore, he is called the son of God. I am a 'daughter of God' in training. So I acknowledge he is the son of God every time I love my fellow man as myself.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:23 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Beautiful answer.
Thank you for responding.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:25 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Beautiful answer.
Thank you for responding.
Great thoughtful question. You are welcome!

BTW- Thanks for the clue in the Title... I love (pun intended) that passage.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:21 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,566,974 times
Quote:

'The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.' Ps 51:17 NIV

Old 04-01-2010, 04:14 PM

723 posts, read 1,045,844 times
Quote:

Hi sparrow!!
How are you?? Good, I hope!! I just happened to see your thread and thought I'd throw in my two cents (if it is really worth that much) LOL. I believe that you are speaking of 1John 2:23 which says: 23. "Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also". Funny thing is that I just did a study on the spirit of antichrist and posted a thread on another forum which included this verse and adjacent verses to it in my thread. I am going to post the same thread here on CD later. Anyway, in my opinion, if you notice the verse does not say to acknowledge Him as the Son of God, but only to acknowledge Him. In order to figure out how to acknowledge him, you need not look further than the following verse which says: 24. Let that therefore "abide" in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

You MUST abide in what you have heard from the beginning. What exactly does that mean??? Abide means to...........(are you ready for that dreaded word!!)............OBEY!!!! In the very beginning after God had made all things and placed man in the garden of eden, God said something to Adam!! It would have been the very first thing heard by man!! "And the Lord commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest therof thou shalt surely die." Obey my commandments or thou shalt surely die!!! So, to acknowledge Christ, is to abide in God's 10 commandments which Jesus showed us can be accomplished. Sorry sparrow, I know thats not what you wanted to hear, but again........................my two cents (whatever it's worth to ya)!!!

GOD BLESS!!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 04:45 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Hi sparrow!!
How are you?? Good, I hope!! I just happened to see your thread and thought I'd throw in my two cents (if it is really worth that much) LOL. I believe that you are speaking of 1John 2:23 which says: 23. "Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also". Funny thing is that I just did a study on the spirit of antichrist and posted a thread on another forum which included this verse and adjacent verses to it in my thread. I am going to post the same thread here on CD later. Anyway, in my opinion, if you notice the verse does not say to acknowledge Him as the Son of God, but only to acknowledge Him. In order to figure out how to acknowledge him, you need not look further than the following verse which says: 24. Let that therefore "abide" in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

You MUST abide in what you have heard from the beginning. What exactly does that mean??? Abide means to...........(are you ready for that dreaded word!!)............OBEY!!!! In the very beginning after God had made all things and placed man in the garden of eden, God said something to Adam!! It would have been the very first thing heard by man!! "And the Lord commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest therof thou shalt surely die." Obey my commandments or thou shalt surely die!!! So, to acknowledge Christ, is to abide in God's 10 commandments which Jesus showed us can be accomplished. Sorry sparrow, I know thats not what you wanted to hear, but again........................my two cents (whatever it's worth to ya)!!!

GOD BLESS!!!!
Hey .... to me that takes us to love God and love your neighbour as yourself, looking to the spirit of the law - which is also, if you sow to the spirit you reap life which, I don't think any of us disagree with.... Thanks for your 2 cents worth ..... I would say value for the money spent

Old 04-01-2010, 05:29 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Hi sparrow!!

GOD BLESS!!!!
Luke 10:27-28
"LOVE GOD AND THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF...DO THIS AND YOU SHALL LIVE"

My yoke is easy and my burden is light. I am the light of this world.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:31 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
'The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.' Ps 51:17 NIV
Amen!!

Old 04-01-2010, 07:45 PM

723 posts, read 1,045,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Luke 10:27-28
"LOVE GOD AND THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF...DO THIS AND YOU SHALL LIVE"

My yoke is easy and my burden is light. I am the light of this world.
You do understand that the loving God part falls under the first four commandments (or the first tablet of stone), and the loving your neighbor under the second 6 commandments AKA the second tablet!

Well it seems the sabbath is always the issue here. But I see it not only as the very first commandment in the bible, but also the only commandment that starts with the word REMEMBER!!!! Maybe your right. I think he wanted us to forget!!

You stick to your story and I'll stick to mine.

GOD BLESS!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity