Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 02:06 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
εἰμι ὅ εἰμι I wasn't surprised.
Was I talking to you?...Besides, you did not research it properly...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 02:37 PM

και ειπεν ο θεος προς μωυσην εγω ειμι ο ων και ειπεν ουτως ερεις τοις υιοις ισραηλ ο ων απεσταλκεν με προς υμας.

And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING has sent me to you.

ויאמר אלהים אל משה אהיה אשר אהיה ויאמר כה תאמר לבני ישראל אהיה שלחני אליכם.

"I am" in Hebrew is "אני Ani"...
The Greek counterpart is Είμαι Eimai...
"אני Ani" is not what G-d said to Moses, but, Ehyeh ashur Ehyeh, I EXIST, or I am He who Exists, or I am the BEING...
The Greek counterpart of this is:
Υπάρχω.
Ypárcho̱.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:48 PM

758 posts, read 848,564 times
God said He was the Alpha & Omega - Jesus claims the same thing.
God said in Exodus 3:14 He is the great I AM. Jesus said the same thing seven times in John's gospel. John 1:1 1:14 - 6:35 - 8:12 - 10:9 - 8:58 - 18:6

Jesus Christ has 5 names (Isaiah 9:6) Wonderful, Counselor,Everlasting Father - The Mighty God The Prince of Peace. He also has 103 different titles: Son of God - Lamb of God - etc.

12 different people called Jesus Christ God

John - Paul - Titus - God - Thomas - James - Peter - King David - Isaiah - Micah - Mary - Solomon.

IN the book of Hebrews: God says; of the Son - Thy throne Oh God is forever. Hebrews 1:8

God always had (from the beginning) His voice - His Word - It is with Him (Within) Him. Your word(s) are with you (within) you.

It was God's Word that was made into flesh (John 1:14).

John 1:3 states that everything was created by the power of the Word (only) and that without the word was nothing made that was made.

Micah 5:2 Says (the ways of Jesus ) were from "everlasting".

We learn from the prayer of Jesus (John 17). That the Holy Spirit will not speak of himself - He will only speak of that which he hears from the Father.

Elohim = 3 (Genesis 1) The Son always gives all glory to the Father - The Spirit will only speak of what He has heard the father speak.

Let Us make man in our image! Father Son Spirit. These 3 are One. The Son & The Spirit give all glory to the Father.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:15 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
God said in Exodus 3:14 He is the great I AM. Jesus said the same thing seven times in John's gospel. John 1:1 1:14 - 6:35 - 8:12 - 10:9 - 8:58 - 18:6

Jesus Christ has 5 names (Isaiah 9:6) Wonderful, Counselor,Everlasting Father - The Mighty God The Prince of Peace. He also has 103 different titles: Son of God - Lamb of God - etc.

John - Paul - Titus - God - Thomas - James - Peter - King David - Isaiah - Micah - Mary - Solomon.

IN the book of Hebrews: God says; of the Son - Thy throne Oh God is forever. Hebrews 1:8

God always had (from the beginning) His voice - His Word - It is with Him (Within) Him. Your word(s) are with you (within) you.

John 1:3 states that everything was created by the power of the Word (only) and that without the word was nothing made that was made.

We learn from the prayer of Jesus (John 17). That the Holy Spirit will not speak of himself - He will only speak of that which he hears from the Father.

Elohim = 3 (Genesis 1) The Son always gives all glory to the Father - The Spirit will only speak of what He has heard the father speak.

Let Us make man in our image! Father Son Spirit. These 3 are One. The Son & The Spirit give all glory to the Father.
I AM in Hebrew is a mistranslation.

I AM in John 8:58 is as well.

Belief in "I AM" being a name of God, unfortunately does not make it true.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:43 PM

758 posts, read 848,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I AM in Hebrew is a mistranslation.

I AM in John 8:58 is as well.

Belief in "I AM" being a name of God, unfortunately does not make it true.
Thank you for taking the time to post all of that!

Old 02-12-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post

Oh, man, you are way off...

Old 02-12-2014, 06:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Was God really the Father of Jesus?

"God is the Father of Spirits.”

He is the Father of all living things.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
The Creator was everyone's father.

And mother.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:39 PM

546 posts, read 547,367 times
Three of the Gospel writers had witness to the Father's words at Jesus' baptism, and said, "And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

The Father spoke and said that Jesus was His Son. Simple!

Old 02-12-2014, 10:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
Three of the Gospel writers had witness to the Father's words at Jesus' baptism, and said, "And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

The Father spoke and said that Jesus was His Son. Simple!
It also says, "listen to him."

Unfortunately, there is Sibling rivalry, whether blood related or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity