Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 06:49 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times

Advertisements

The Light:

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.
3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

Genesis 1:14 Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years;

15 and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so. 16 God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.
17 God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth,

18 and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. 19 There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.

Since we know from scripture that God did not create the sun, moon and stars until the 4th day of creation, what light was created on the very first day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 06:52 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Since we know from scripture that God did not create the sun, moon and stars until the 4th day of creation, what light was created on the very first day?
OH?
So you think that the Bible says that God made the sun on the 4th day?

Better go back to that part and read it again...look for the word "sun"

(Its not there, the Bible does not say that the sun was made on the 4th day)

Old 10-16-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
OH?
So you think that the Bible says that God made the sun on the 4th day?

Better go back to that part and read it again...look for the word "sun"

(Its not there, the Bible does not say that the sun was made on the 4th day)
R U kidding me....read vs. 16...what do yo think the two great lights are if not the sun & moon?

Old 10-16-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
R U kidding me....read vs. 16...what do yo think the two great lights are if not the sun & moon?
I think that "light" is light...

I think that if God had wanted you to believe that he made the "sun" on the 4th day then Im sure he would have had that written down...but He didn't...

So He doesn't....

I do not believe that God wants us to believe that He made the "sun" on the 4th day...

Old 10-16-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
I think that "light" is light...

I think that if God had wanted you to believe that he made the "sun" on the 4th day then Im sure he would have had that written down...but He didn't...

So He doesn't....

I do not believe that God wants us to believe that He made the "sun" on the 4th day...
Then explain the meaning of the two lights?

Old 10-16-2009, 07:13 AM

an example.....

today it is raining outside...so once again Im off to work and get to play all day on my computer (Mumms the word to my wife)

I got up today at 5:00 this morning and it was dark and raining.
Then about 7:30 it got "light" outside...

Have I seen the "sun"?...no
Will I see the sun today?...no
But I will see the "light" of the sun?....yes, though the rain clouds the light of the sun is still seen even if the sun is never seen.

So there is a big difference between "light" and the "sun"?...oh yes
...you can see one without seeing the other, they are not the same force of nature...they are connected on context, but not the same.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
an example.....

today it is raining outside...so once again Im off to work and get to play all day on my computer (Mumms the word to my wife)

I got up today at 5:00 this morning and it was dark and raining.
Then about 7:30 it got "light" outside...

Have I seen the "sun"?...no
Will I see the sun today?...no
But I will see the "light" of the sun?....yes, though the rain clouds the light of the sun is still seen even if the sun is never seen.

So there is a big difference between "light" and the "sun"?...oh yes
...you can see one without seeing the other, they are not the same force of nature...they are connected on context, but not the same.
What is the difference between the two lights of vs. 3 & vs. 16?

Old 10-16-2009, 07:18 AM

Therefore the use in the Bible of the term "light" should always be in the context that we are not talking about "the sun"

The light of the sun is not the sun...
The sun is a star that is billions of years old
The light is a visible form of the radiation of a star...it is subject to many other forces, such as "clouds",,,

EXAMPLE:
when you stand in a shadow, do you destroy the sun?...No, you just have blocked the light of the sun from hitting you.
The sun is not effected at all.
so there is a big difference between the light of the sun and what can effect it being seen on the earth, and the star known as the sun....

Old 10-16-2009, 07:20 AM

with me so far....?

Old 10-16-2009, 07:21 AM

ask any questions, this is a good topic for conversation (has nothing to do with UR)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity