Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:12 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
What has that got to do with anything.....Indonesia being an Islamic nation? What? What happen, He can't love the Muslim people? He loves you right? And what are you? Me? Wretched sinners...aren't we not? Well...........who do you think is greater/lesser in His eyes? You, me, the Muslim people? Who?

PS: The reason the topic of earthquake is in a Christian forum is.........WE ARE ONLY REITERATING what God already SAID!! He said it, before we did!

And NO, Noah didn't have a laptop....but that didn't stop him from issuing dire, continuous warnings did it? "Poor Noah, that crazy old fool"!........... was the sentiment that was resonated throughout his community, time and time again.

BUT WAIT! It rained...........JUST LIKE HE SAID IT WOULD! Poor Noah and rest......(be it only eight), was SAVED!

The moral of the story.........As in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the end!
Sure Noah had "a laptop", but he no longer needed it after he entered the Ark. -and his version was no doubt more sophisticated than what man has achieved yet, while climbing back out of the cycles of dark ages which began at Babel, after the flood.

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it [is that] which shall be; and that which is done [is] that which shall be done: and [there is] no new [thing] under the sun.Ecc 1:10 Is there [any] thing whereof it may be said, See, this [is] new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
Ecc 1:11 [There is] no remembrance of former [things]; neither shall there be [any] remembrance of [things] that are to come with [those] that shall come after.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 05-09-2010 at 11:05 PM..

Old 05-10-2010, 11:25 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Just remember this one thing about prophecy:

Prophecy was not given to us so that we could “figure out” what is going to happen. But rather it was given to us so that we would recognize it when it happens.

Many of the Jewish people missed the Messiah when He came the first time because they expected Him to fulfill prophecies a certain way. No one can rightly deny that Jesus fulfilled a great number of prophecies during His first coming, but still many failed to recognize the fulfillment of prophecy because He didn’t do the way their preconceived expectations would have had Him fulfill those prophecies.

We need to be diligent in studying so that we can recognize it when it happens, and not be so hung up on our own preconceived expectations that we fail to recognize it when it happens.
For

FOR IT WILL HAPPEN JUST LIKE HE SAYS IT WILL!

Old 05-10-2010, 12:56 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
We need to be diligent in studying so that we can recognize it when it happens, and not be so hung up on our own preconceived expectations that we fail to recognize it when it happens.
For

Actually we are to love one another because true love is the only thing worthy of recognizing.

Christ is love, that is why the pharasees did not recognize him, they were without it.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:19 AM

229 posts, read 332,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Last edited by june 7th; 05-11-2010 at 09:33 PM..

Old 05-11-2010, 07:01 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwait2leave View Post
where in the bible does it say this? Love is very important, sure, but the only thing worthy of recognizing? Give me scripture to back up this statement.

God is Love

Old 05-11-2010, 08:12 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Where in the Bible does it say this? Love is very important, sure, but the only thing worthy of recognizing? Give me scripture to back up this statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonminnie View Post
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Alison provided you with plenty of scripture and then there's this, which JESUS spoke Himself:

Matthew 22:36-39

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"
37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
38This is the first and greatest commandment.
39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

Old 05-11-2010, 11:05 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
The topic......Earthquake? Signs, wonders, God's coming judgments? Along those lines? Yes, God IS love! We know that. And we also know of His mercies, yes? But His judgments....some like to rearrange or discredit His words just to suit their "itching ears"

But I tell you: What you and I, and them and those....all of ANY who think their opinion is of any importance; GOD HAS THE LAST SAY!! Period!! And HIS will, WILL be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven......................................FINAL ANSWER!!

Old 05-11-2010, 11:06 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
Quote:
The topic......Earthquake? Signs, wonders, God's coming judgments? Along those lines? Yes, God IS love! We know that. And we also know of His mercies, yes? But His judgments....some like to rearrange or discredit His words just to suit their "itching ears"

But I tell you: What you and I, and them and those....all of ANY who think their opinion is of any importance; GOD HAS THE LAST SAY!! Period!! And HIS will, WILL be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven......................................FINAL ANSWER!!
And I suppose His will is for lots of people to go to hell?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:31 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Another earthquake!!

7.4. earthquake rattles western Indonesia (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100509/ap_on_re_as/as_indonesia_earthquake_3#mwpphu-container - broken link)

It seems like every time the Earth is finally settling down, more quakes come! I thought for a moment, ignorantly, perhaps, we were getting a bit of mercy after the earthquakes calmed down after China. The new focus was on China. Now, another quake hits bigger than the China quake. I should have known. Get ready for what's possibly going to be the scariest summer of our lives.

Thoughts anyone??
You sound like Chicken Little. Is there a reason you are trying to create fear?

The average* year has 18 earthquakes per yer at 7.0 or greater for the last 110 years.
The average* year has 152 earthquakes per year at 6.0 or greater for the last 110 year.
The average* year has 1,471 earthquakes per year at 5.0 or greater for the last 110 year.

Those are the inconvenient facts from the USGS, and prove that the fear mongering you are attempting to purvey is just that fear mongering.

(average* - means some years will be higher, some years will be lower.)

Old 05-11-2010, 11:33 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Where in the Bible does it say this? Love is very important, sure, but the only thing worthy of recognizing? Give me scripture to back up this statement.
Love

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is LOVE.

Love is IT.
The Greatest FORCE in this universe.
The MOST POWERFUL thing.
Why? God IS Love.
Love is what TRANSFORMS. RENEWS. RECONCILES.
Love is what DESTROYS the darkness.
It is the ONLY thing that wholly and completely destroys the darkness.
LOVE overwhelms. and LOVE overcomes.
LOVE CONQUERS ALL.

LOVE
CONQUERS
ALL.

HALLELUJAH!

You say... "Love is very important, sure.."
Sister, I pray that God lights a fire in your heart and helps you understand that Love isn't just "...very important, sure.."
To not ponder love in it's depths, to not suffer to understand LOVE with every inch of your being is to not understand WHO God is. It is unfolding in all of our hearts... steadily, WHO He is. Until the full MAJESTIC picture of Him is clear.
The two commands were given for a reason.
PONDER them day and night.
Night and day.

Peace to you,
sparrow

Last edited by .sparrow.; 05-11-2010 at 11:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity